So that green fire book...

90 Orc Warlock
Came back from a little break. Looked at forums first like I always do. Saw everyone complaining about farming that item for the green fire quest in the Isle of Thunder. So I go there, not really expecting anything, started doing dailies. See a rare mob. I'm like "Why not?", laughing at this point. Kill it. Loot the item.

First ever rare kill. First time setting foot in this thunder place. How lucky did I get?
Reply Quote
I got it on kill number 2. Didnt even know what it was. I had to look it up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
How random, huh? Was expecting that to be much more of a headache.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I got mine on like my 20th rare spawn. Since then though I've gotten a couple and sold them for around 5k a piece.

They are all over the auction house now though, at least on my server. Very cheap now too.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard has been (or has at least once) stealth buffing the drop rate.

Blizzard always said they want green fire to become more common as time went on, so it wouldn't be surprising.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
It took me well over 100 kills. Id say you're pretty darn lucky.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard has been (or has at least once) stealth buffing the drop rate.

Blizzard always said they want green fire to become more common as time went on, so it wouldn't be surprising.

This..

and I think I was in the teens in kills before mine dropped for me.. I've never been back to the island since it dropped lol.. sold it for 60ish and bought one I think last week for 15.. they're still going for a decent amount on Tich but on other servers I've seen them much lower
Edited by Brapx on 4/26/2013 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I figured they upped the drop rate too. After the storm of posts about how hard it is to get, I find it a little out of whack that I'd get it first kill. Plus reports of <20 kills now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The drop rate is increasing over time, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has gone up once or even twice since patch release. I can't remember what number I got mine on, but it was under 10. That was a week ago.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I bought mine on the AH for 2k...about 100 rare kills in and still haven't see squadoosh.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Been farming for 3 weeks now, 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, and I have only seen it once on the AH at 40K.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Got it on my first kill. With the number of rare kills you'll get it'll come soon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Came back from a little break. Looked at forums first like I always do. Saw everyone complaining about farming that item for the green fire quest in the Isle of Thunder. So I go there, not really expecting anything, started doing dailies. See a rare mob. I'm like "Why not?", laughing at this point. Kill it. Loot the item.

First ever rare kill. First time setting foot in this thunder place. How lucky did I get?

Grats on your book. Please don't come back here after a day or two and make another "Nerf green fire boss plzzzz" thread.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Just GOT IT!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]