Festering Strike unholy

90 Orc Death Knight
is festering strike for unholy spec the equivilent of obliterate or frost? i think i mihgt have just realized this but need confirmation i dont usually use it but now that i look at it, it fits in the rotation jsut right. plz help meh
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
It hits no where near as high as Obliterate, does decent damage but nothing too orgasmic.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
its used to flip frost and blood runes into death runes and extends disease and chains of ice duration slightly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
i know its not as good dps wise but i mean in the rotation. i leterallty NEVER used it should that be normal?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
04/26/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Necropile
rotation.
How the hell would I know? I don't do PvE, go ask someone else.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Your main attacks as Unholy after Diseases are going are Scourge Strike & Death Coil (to power up Timmy) & keeping DnD going (not counting things like Pest or dps abilities. Fester is a filler when other abilities are on cooldown & your diseases are ticking down, with Fester you should never let your diseases fall, coupled with the ability of Outbreak.

After the initial Unholy Blight if you Talent it.

edit: Read the Unholy dps sticky

&

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t130584-unholy_dps_5_2_thunderstruck/

edit2:

errgg.. forgot about the change below \/
Though diseases falling off isn't as harsh as back when Plague Strike didn't apply bout BP and FF.
Edited by Nobul on 4/26/2013 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
i know its not as good dps wise but i mean in the rotation. i leterallty NEVER used it should that be normal?

No, that's not normal. It is part of your rotation. Once diseases are applied with good use of FS you won't have to apply them again, or at least not for a long long time. Not only does it keep your diseases rolling, but it converts blood and frost runes into death runes for your scourge strike spams.

On top of that--and don't quote me, because I'm not sure if it's changed--but keeping diseases rolling with FS will keep the disease at the same power as when cast. So when all your procs align, reapply disease and keep it rolling with FS.

Though diseases falling off isn't as harsh as back when Plague Strike didn't apply bout BP and FF.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I use Festering Strike quite a bit to keep my diseases running. One new DPS style that was brought up on the Elitist Jerks is called Festerblight. With this specific play style you try to make sure that the initial diseases you cast never fall off, so you keep extending them with Festering Strike. The reasoning behind this is because the first set of diseases you put on an enemy are usually the strongest. This is because of things like prepots, unholy frenzy, and the fact that your trinkets are almost guaranteed to proc at the start of a fight. Your diseases will be buffed by all of those factors at the start of fight, and if you keep extending them with Festering Strike they will stay buffed until they fall off. For most fights it is really easy to keep them going for the entire fight, and it is considered a dps increase to do this. It takes a while to get used to this specific play style, and managing your runes is a bit harder; but once you figure it out it is awesome :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Outbreak/plague strike, festing strikex2 then spam scourge strike till you run out of deathrunes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
There's also fersterblight spec where you pop all cds, apply diseases and never apply diseases again by using festering strike and mantaining those buffed diseases rolling all night.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
In pvp its just a way to turn 1 b and 1 f into a d rune & get 20 RP in one GCD... your diseases will get dispelled before the 42 secs anyway.

In pve youre supposed to stack all your str/AP procs and apply diseases... disease damage is based on your AP at the time the diseases are applied. With your super diseases up, you use FS to keep them up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Frost and Unholy don't really compare to each other at all. Frost is RNG burst and Unholy is sustained pressure.

Closest thing to Obliterate is Scourge Strike. Does nothing but damage, modified by diseases and used to consume Death Runes instead of creating them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
He is asking someone else it refers to everyone lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]