Why can i only Q with 5 friends?

90 Human Priest
just wondering why we are unable to Q with more than 5 friends? I know this is not a new thing it's just been bugging the crap out of me lately. my guild is not very big but we often hang out in skype and vent and we just like to casually pvp as a guild. This is a problem because typically we have more than 5 people on (as im sure most guilds do).

I realize there are RBG's for premade guild groups but that's not really what we are really after. We just want to Q up as a guild/friends into wsg and such strictly for casual fun. 5 player only Q's make this annoying and difficult. Not making a flame thread im just wondering why we are limited to only playing with 5 friends at a time, seems kinda odd considering this is a mmo.

Im not sure why they removed premade groups in pvp anyways? If the only reason was becuase players cried over getting killed by premades than that's a poor reason.

OH i might add as well that with 5.3 coming soon (i hope) and everyone having a base of 65% resil it should really help the new players coming into pvp when fighting premade groups.
Edited by Ðoubt on 4/28/2013 6:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Because more than 5 is considered an unfair advantage by Blizzard. You can agree or disagree with that, but it's Blizzard's position.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Im not sure why they removed premade groups in pvp anyways? If the only reason was becuase players cried over getting killed by premades than that's a poor reason.

They removed "raid queues" late in WotLK in preparation for Rated Battlegrounds. My guess is they wanted to encourage raid size teams into Rateds.

I remember it, but I can't say I followed the forums much back then, perhaps Rateds were a result of unhappy pugs, idk.
Reply Quote
Because more than 5 is considered an unfair advantage by Blizzard. You can agree or disagree with that, but it's Blizzard's position.

Pretty much this. You can try to layout a good argument against it but most likely they will do what appeases the masses and keeps the majority of the subscriber base playing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Arena and RBG is missing you and your friends, please come back and enjoy the fun with other organized groups. Why waste time on pugs? Come back pretty please, you get tasty conquest points for winning and losing.

P.S. Hopefully this worked, fighting premades in random bgs getting old.
Reply Quote
69 Blood Elf Priest
I realize there are RBG's for premade guild groups but that's not really what we are really after. We just want to Q up as a guild/friends into wsg and such strictly for casual fun.

Unfortunately, too many people would blame their loss on your casual group.

I agree that it is fun to queue with more than 5 people if you happen to have more than 5 on in your guild. People just don't get that some people like casual group fun.

Queueing as more than 5 doesn't mean that everyone is in vent/skype. It doesn't mean that the group wants to gy farm. It doesn't mean that the group is even coordinated. It just means that it is more fun to play with friends.

Unfortunately, both the complainers and the people who queue with premades to grief others, have ruined casual group fun for everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/28/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Demoniks
Because more than 5 is considered an unfair advantage by Blizzard

But yet, single players multi-boxing 5 toons and up is not considered an unfair advantage?

How do they have an advantage exactly? 5 toons can only be in one place at a time. 5 individual players can be in 5 places ( capping nodes etc) . Sure one person woulndt have hopes in single handedly beating a 5 boxer....however all bgs have objectives and more often than not they are limited as to what they can do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
just wondering why we are unable to Q with more than 5 friends? I know this is not a new thing it's just been bugging the crap out of me lately. my guild is not very big but we often hang out in skype and vent and we just like to casually pvp as a guild. This is a problem because typically we have more than 5 people on (as im sure most guilds do).

I realize there are RBG's for premade guild groups but that's not really what we are really after. We just want to Q up as a guild/friends into wsg and such strictly for casual fun. 5 player only Q's make this annoying and difficult. Not making a flame thread im just wondering why we are limited to only playing with 5 friends at a time, seems kinda odd considering this is a mmo.

OH i might add as well that with 5.3 coming soon (i hope) and everyone having a base of 65% resil it should really help the new players coming into pvp when fighting premade groups.

Fine, i'll be the jerk.

Are you daft? What the hell would make you think any random team of tanks, heals, dps, noobs, newbs, seasoned players, geared players, under or no geared players or whatever combination with no "real" form of communication (voice chat) would want to consistently face a team of well organized and structured players with instant on the fly communication to be roflstomped repeatedly?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
So you say your guild has more than 5 on be specific what 6 7 8 9?
Easy enough to grab a few players from trade saying no rating requirement min malv gear required and then have Casual fun as a group cause i mean thats what your post is about casual fun as a group done easy problem solved heck the puggers might even become new friends or join your guild.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
multi-boxing 5 toons

No.

and up

Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Because more than 5 is considered an unfair advantage by Blizzard

But yet, single players multi-boxing 5 toons and up is not considered an unfair advantage?

Oh, don't worry! Blizzard catered to your whining too when they broke /follow in BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
OP: Reading your post, I'm sure you know exactly why they don't allow more than 5 people to queue.

Fine, i'll be the jerk.

Are you daft? What the hell would make you think any random team of tanks, heals, dps, noobs, newbs, seasoned players, geared players, under or no geared players or whatever combination with no "real" form of communication (voice chat) would want to consistently face a team of well organized and structured players with instant on the fly communication to be roflstomped repeatedly?

A. He's poorly geared. His friends probably are, too.

B. If you don't think the in-game chat is the least bit effective, then you obviously don't use it properly.

C. Organization and structure is easy is to get in BGs. It might surprise you to know that most people in random BGs are not retarded. They're actually pretty competent. They just suffer from poor (read:non-existent) leadership and the frustration from the gear grind. Usually, all you have to do is come up with a fairly competent plan, post it, adhere to it, and at least 3 people will do the same.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
They just suffer from poor (read:non-existent) leadership and the frustration from the gear grind. Usually, all you have to do is come up with a fairly competent plan, post it, adhere to it, and at least 3 people will do the same.

I do set plans a lot. No one listens. Sometimes we all silently come together somehow, (middle of the battle) or it is just a !@#$show from beginning to end. I find it funny you are posting this, yet yesterday there were a couple alliance telling me they lost all, or most, of their competent players to horde transfers. I am glad you are here to say otherwise ;)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I ran in a few Temple pugs over the weekend & they actually did follow my plan... and we won. To quote COL Murdock from the A Team "I love it when a plan comes together".
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
That was Hannibal. Murdock was the loon. Just sayin'
lol my bad!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I remember that there is an addon called Oqueue.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Hunter
I remember that there is an addon called Oqueue.

Insinuating that Oqueu can be used to get around the 5-man limit Blizzard wants is a good way to get Oqueu broken.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]