Why can i only Q with 5 friends?

90 Undead Warlock
Oqueue won't be broken. Blizzard is well aware how it works, and already stated they are OK with it. They previously broke the automated feature allowing 6+ into a BG, and now it is merely a lfm tool ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Oqueue won't be broken. Blizzard is well aware how it works, and already stated they are OK with it. They previously broke the automated feature allowing 6+ into a BG, and now it is merely a lfm tool ;)

If there's enough outcry over 6+ premades, they will.Because it will be the quick 'n' dirty way to show they're Doing Something About the Problem.

Why people who use Oqueu can't accept that hinting or saying out right "Hey, you can use OQ to get around the 5man restriction!" is a bad idea for them, I'll never understand.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/29/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Raensong
"Hey, you can use OQ to get around the 5man restriction!"

No one that uses oqueue has said this. It's the people who cry about it thinking that's what its for that say that!

If there's enough outcry over 6+ premades, they will

They already have a plan for dealing with 6+ premades
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
04/29/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Raensong

If there's enough outcry over 6+ premades, they will.Because it will be the quick 'n' dirty way to show they're Doing Something About the Problem.

Why people who use Oqueu can't accept that hinting or saying out right "Hey, you can use OQ to get around the 5man restriction!" is a bad idea for them, I'll never understand.

No reason to break Oqueue, they're working on a solution to the premade (6+) part of it anyway (for a second time) while leaving the positive aspects of the addon.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
They removed "raid queues" late in WotLK in preparation for Rated Battlegrounds. My guess is they wanted to encourage raid size teams into Rateds.

track their sales... you can almost see the cause an effect.

http://www.vgchartz.com/companies/229/blizzard-entertainment/

people like playing in organized groups (ask the pve'rs). that's a fact and it shows in the numbers. blizz started losing large chunks of its player base in cata... but the panda and pokemon fiasco sealed it. from 3.3m to 1.3m (about 60% drop)

when you remove the ability to group with friends, what's the point? what do you expect people to do?

they've got a guy running pvp that only queues solo. a loner. battlegrounds are meant to be group activities, but not in his mind.

this is killing what's left of pvp
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
04/29/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Jugaa
"Hey, you can use OQ to get around the 5man restriction!"

No one that uses oqueue has said this.

I've seen Oqueu users say that, and hint about it, in the past.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Cars should also be outlawed since some people drive drunk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
they've got a guy running pvp that only queues solo. a loner. battlegrounds are meant to be group activities, but not in his mind.

I don't think there is anything wrong with solo queuing, personally. Sometimes you don't have time to look for a group or don't feel like getting in vent. I like to gear solo personally.

The random queue up to 5 is a reasonable "compromise" as they call it.

As for raid style queuing, I do believe they need to offer something other than RBGs. Even if it was one Battleground per week on a rotation. Its clear there is a demand for such.

RBGs are great fun and should be the "king" of battlegrounds for rating but they are limiting and time consuming (i.e., 10 man maps, comps, rating, gear).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
there is an addon that plays the game for you.

You should look into it, might actually improve your own record..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

No one that uses oqueue has said this.

I've seen Oqueu users say that, and hint about it, in the past.

Right on thier forums it says you can que with more than 5

http://oqueue.forumotion.com/t134-regular-bgs-groups-greater-than-5
Edited by Alastair on 4/29/2013 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

New flash:

1) They are working on a fix to eliminate 6+ queues.

2) You don't need oQueue to create a 6+ queue.

IMO, oQueue has revolutionized cross realm activity in all aspects of WoW. Its the best thing to happen for unbalanced, under-populated servers.

I started RBGs at conception, it would take us 2 hours to put a mediocre team together on a PvE server. We'd lose more than we'd win but we still persevered and had fun. Now I see guild mates progressing in RBGs because of oQueue and that's a great thing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Right on thier forums it says you can que with more than 5

Haven't even gone there tbh
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
04/29/2013 09:22 PMPosted by Boudecca
The random queue up to 5 is a reasonable "compromise" as they call it.

i call bs on that... and the sales reflect the error of that decision. when they removed raid queuing, the numbers started dropping like a rock.

people like working with others to accomplish the goal. be it pve or pvp.

if this continues, the only ones left will be those anti-social solo queue'rs, strict rbg'rs, and arena junkies. pvp guilds that use to queue for casual pvp in normal bgs will be gone.

by design.

the design being to remove / ostracize / shun group oriented pvp'rs.

brilliant moves... especially while the subs continue to drop like a rock.

(who the hell is listening to these people??)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
people like playing in organized groups (ask the pve'rs). that's a fact and it shows in the numbers. blizz started losing large chunks of its player base in cata... but the panda and pokemon fiasco sealed it. from 3.3m to 1.3m (about 60% drop)

Removing the raid queue is not what caused Cataclysm sales to be lower. You're more intelligent than this. Cataclysm has also been out for for roughly twice the time MoP has and is considerably cheaper to buy atm.

brilliant moves... especially while the subs continue to drop like a rock.

PvE content has a much larger impact on subs. Subs will drop at the end of long raid tiers and pop back up at the beginning of new tiers. It's why they've changed their patching pace.
Edited by Esclamayshun on 4/30/2013 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Removing the raid queue is not what caused Cataclysm sales to be lower. You're more intelligent than this. Cataclysm has also been out for for roughly twice the time MoP has and is considerably cheaper to bu atm.

there are 10 bgs total. 10. pvp'rs are notorious for playing the same maps repeatedly. we generally don't get new content

the sales numbers stayed consistent from bc to wotlk... then dropped with cata. was it the pve'rs that left? unlikely, as they got new content to play. the only thing taken away was raid queuing for pvp. then mop dropped... more content, but the panda + pokemon stigma i'm sure took its toll on the pve crowd... but the pvp crowd continued to diminish.

any recent increase in rbg participation would be directly related to oQueue, as people now have the ability to find / create rbg groups.

and i've been hearing whispers that subs have been dropping recently. could be mid expac blues... but the continued push against raid queuing isn't helping.

why wouldn't you move to encourage group play, increasing the 'stickiness' of the play experience for pvp'rs, instead of trying to isolate them more (and yes, most ppl playing regular bgs are very isolated as ppl rarely communicate while in a bg)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
the sales numbers stayed consistent from bc to wotlk... then dropped with cata. was it the pve'rs that left? unlikely, as they got new content to play. the only thing taken away was raid queuing for pvp. then mop dropped... more content, but the panda + pokemon stigma i'm sure took its toll on the pve crowd... but the pvp crowd continued to diminish.

That's just it though, one of the major complaints about cataclysm was that there really wasn't much in the way of new content. A large portion of the "new" content was just refurbished classic zones. Also a lot of super casual players were immediately put off by it's entry level PvE content, it was much harder than previous expansions, and that equated to a large drop off in subs and player activity. Did you do any PvE content in Cata?

why wouldn't you move to encourage group play, increasing the 'stickiness' of the play experience for pvp'rs, instead of trying to isolate them more (and yes, most ppl playing regular bgs are very isolated as ppl rarely communicate while in a bg)

I think it's because the majority of players who wanted that level of coordination are playing Rated battlegrounds. It's honestly only really affecting those wanting to premade Isle/AV. And I doubt that's barely half a drop in the bucket in the overall picture. There are far more players negatively impacted by it than people wanting to do it as well.
Edited by Esclamayshun on 4/30/2013 2:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Considering this is an MMO that is only still floating because of pvp... Seems Like they would encourage The social Aspect of the game... Social Coordination and Team work Is what Works with both PVE and PVP... I don't understand why its frowned upon in PVP..

Instead they placate the Antisocial types that QQ because they get face rolled by people who play together...

This ultimately will Kill PVP over all if they continue to Nerf the Social Aspect of the game..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
No Need To Fear Milk Is here,,,i love organized play and Oq has brought that to me . i dont know what id do if that had stoped. ( Love You Tiny And Love You All From The Oq Community ) .....Stay killing / Stay Organized
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]