Why can i only Q with 5 friends?

90 Human Rogue
Considering this is an MMO that is only still floating because of pvp... Seems Like they would encourage The social Aspect of the game... Social Coordination and Team work Is what Works with both PVE and PVP... I don't understand why its frowned upon in PVP..

Well first of all (and I say this being a player who enjoys PvP much more than PvE) PvE is much much more popular in WoW than PvP ever will be. PvP has (and probably always will be) a minor side portion of the game. Also, social coordination and teamwork are not frowned upon in PvP, however in one tier (entry-level tier mind you) it's been limited to help create an enjoyable atmosphere for the majority of players. You still have plenty of outlets for organized play: 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, 5 man battleground groups, 10 man Rated battlegrounds, and Wargames. Until WoW has a better matchmaking system, raid queues aren't healthy for normal battlegrounds.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
04/30/2013 03:04 AMPosted by Esclamayshun
Considering this is an MMO that is only still floating because of pvp... Seems Like they would encourage The social Aspect of the game... Social Coordination and Team work Is what Works with both PVE and PVP... I don't understand why its frowned upon in PVP..

Well first of all (and I say this being a player who enjoys PvP much more than PvE) PvE is much much more popular in WoW than PvP ever will be. PvP has (and probably always will be) a minor side portion of the game. Also, social coordination and teamwork are not frowned upon in PvP, however in one tier (entry-level tier mind you) it's been limited to help create an enjoyable atmosphere for the majority of players. You still have plenty of outlets for organized play: 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, 5 man battleground groups, 10 man Rated battlegrounds, and Wargames. Until WoW has a better matchmaking system, raid queues aren't healthy for normal battlegrounds.

Rated and arena are Pointless unless you are extremely geared... and We are supposed to just Solo Que and grind our faces off trying to get to that point?... instead of Working on groups and Figuring out each others play styles and learning how to play as a team before we get to the point of High Pressure competition? That makes no sense.. I have two toons that are Currently involved in RBG and to an extent arena... and When I was ready for those Competitive environments... it was because I had gained a lot of group experience and Teamwork before hand, while gearing my toons up in Normal battlegrounds...

I would not be half the pvp'r that I am right now without the Input and advice from the people I run with... I would have never got that opportunity without the ability to Que as groups and teams...
Reply Quote
If you're looking to queue up with 5-9 other friends to do battlegrounds with, you should be willing to face teams that also have 10 people who are friends as well. There are plenty of casual rbg teams at the very bottom of the ladder who will offer the experience you're looking to fight against.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I can only queue up with 4 =/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I have heard that Blizzard is thinking about putting AV, IoC (and perhaps even WG & TB) into a separate queue where you could enter with a whole raid. That would be the appropriate venue for doing that, while limiting the 5 & 15 man BGs to 5 man groups.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have heard that Blizzard is thinking about putting AV, IoC (and perhaps even WG & TB) into a separate queue where you could enter with a whole raid. That would be the appropriate venue for doing that, while limiting the 5 & 15 man BGs to 5 man groups.

They are considering putting them in their own queue, but I have seen nothing to indicate that you would be able to queue up as a raid. I have seen someone suggest that on these forums, but I haven't seen Blizzard/Holinka say anything.

Do you have a source?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Do you have a source?
No it's heresay.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Hunter

If there's enough outcry over 6+ premades, they will.Because it will be the quick 'n' dirty way to show they're Doing Something About the Problem.

Why people who use Oqueu can't accept that hinting or saying out right "Hey, you can use OQ to get around the 5man restriction!" is a bad idea for them, I'll never understand.

New flash:

1) They are working on a fix to eliminate 6+ queues.

2) You don't need oQueue to create a 6+ queue.

Newsflash: They haven't said when this fix will be out. If it comes with 5.3, fantastic. If not, expect to hear more complaints about 6+ queus.

If there's enough complaints before they get the fix done, and if people keep touting OQ as a means to get around the 5-man limit, then OQ becomes the big easy target to mollify the customers. That you don't need OQ to get around the 5-man limit would be irrelevant.

And they put it right on the addon site? *facepalm*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Raensong you are being completely illogical & I suspect that you have ulterior motives beyond just eliminating 6+ premades. OQueue facilitates finding other players for RBGs and 5 mans (and several other legit activities). To ask for the entire addon to be removed because a very small percentage of players use it for 6+ premades (I haven't seen more than two running at one time in several weeks) is unreasonable & seems to be founded in bitterness... perhaps you are looking for ALL groups to be removed in BGs?

The bottom line is Blizzard is fine with OQueue.. they are on record saying this. What they are not fine with is 6+ premades. Like I said before asking for the whole addon to be removed is as ridiculous as banning cars from the highway because some people drive drunk.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
If you're looking to queue up with 5-9 other friends to do battlegrounds with, you should be willing to face teams that also have 10 people who are friends as well. There are plenty of casual rbg teams at the very bottom of the ladder who will offer the experience you're looking to fight against.

there are few 2200s that are willing to sacrifice their rating to do some causal pvp with their low mmr guildies... THAT'S what regular bgs are for ... they're not for your personal honor farm

unless you believe those people that have reached 2200 shouldn't be allowed to play causally.

is that what you're saying?
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight

which would be great... if anyone showed up. unfortunately, blizz has addicted far too many to the welfare-honor system. unless the reward/hr is the same or higher, people will not queue... resulting in absurdly high queue times... at which point AV and IoC would join the ranks of WG and TB as dead bgs

then again, there are those in charge that only queue solo and are not team oriented... so this prospect is not an issue for them
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
Bring on the rewards and they will come. Offer some of those awesome PvE pieces we will need to PvP in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
thanks for all the feedback i read all the posts :D but if i can be honest what im getting out of most of the people here is "because you have more than 5 friends on, go outside of wow and get an addon that will get you a random player whom none of you know to play with to form a rated BG".

I have done rated bg's a few times and honestly the play style is vastly different and most certainly boring. For example in wsg both teams just grab the flag and turtle in a giant group until flag stacks are high and then all zerg Fc.(valid strat but kinda boring)

So what if we have 4 hunters and 2 druids in the guild on, guess we can Q into a rated bg with my friends using that comp just to get smashed by the same ol' "boomkin, DK, Mage 300000 year vortex ring every 30 seconds"

the point is we don't go into a random BG just to farm gy because that IS BORING. we just want to Q into a pvp zone and kill random things, most of the time we aren't on skype or vent lol it's just random killing which results in losing alot of the times. Anyways a few of you had good feedback and i thank you for that.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Priest
poor Tiny I feel for you darlin! lol
Reply Quote
Cars should also be outlawed since some people drive drunk.

Except car manufacturers don't advocate drunk driving unlike the maker of Oque who does want 6+. If you policed and banned people for abusing the 6+ than go ahead and use that analogy and you'd make me indifferent to the addon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Except car manufacturers don't advocate drunk driving unlike the maker of Oque who does want 6+. If you policed and banned people for abusing the 6+ than go ahead and use that analogy and you'd make me indifferent to the addon.
You are grasping at straws... again. I have seen ONE 6+ premade running for like weeks now (the same one every night). Every other group is an RBG, a 5 man or misc stuff (like PvE content). OQueue is providing a legit service to thousands of players... and Blizzard is on record saying they are fine with it (except for 6+ BG groups).

Your issues are your own... they don't reflect the opinion of Blizzard & they really don't reflect reality or common sense.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I play casually and therefore usually queue solo... To be constantly walking into games and seeing 4 healers and 6 dps, all geared and on Skype together would pretty much end any reason for me to play this game
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I play casually and therefore usually queue solo... To be constantly walking into games and seeing 4 healers and 6 dps, all geared and on Skype together would pretty much end any reason for me to play this game
You are making an assumption that in many cases is not true. I see geared alliance teams (400K+ health) + 2-4 healers all the time in 10 mans... and yea my first though is "could be a premade". However in many cases they play pretty poorly, so they are either a pug or a really bad premade.
Reply Quote
I have seen ONE 6+ premade running for like weeks now (the same one every night)

and nothing is being done about it. thanks for proving my point.

You are making an assumption that in many cases is not true

You are making assumptions that are lies. See I can play that condescending blowhard game too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
and nothing is being done about it. thanks for proving my point.
You are clueless as always. Just ignore the fact that dozens of legit groups are running all the time on OQueue... keep those blinders on!

You are making assumptions that are lies. See I can play that condescending blowhard game too.
You are being stupid. You can't know for sure if a group is a premade unless it's a guild run. Pugs can be geared & even play pretty well. I guarantee if I assumed all those geared alliance teams I faced in WSG last week were premades I would catch hell for it, but if I apply the same standard to others knuckleheads like you will make a dumb comment like the one you just made.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]