Error while trying to log in

90 Tauren Paladin
i try to log in and everytime i keep getting error #114, i tried to follow the trouble shoot instructions, but i have a new mac and it didnt work. please help
Edited by Glüttony on 4/30/2013 11:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Getting the same error when logging in with my windows 7 machine Ran through troubleshooting steps including deleting the cache in program data. Rebooted PC etc. WTF Blizzard it is Tuesday no maintenance and we can not play.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
yeah i was able to do the same thing finally, deleted the cache relaunched and still getting #114
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is something we're aware and working to resolve. Thanks for the report. We'll post more as more information comes in about this issue.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yea, whenever I try to log in it says connecting, then says disconnected from server, I've gotten error #114 once, but mostly it says connecting, then disconnected.
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Priest
Thank you for letting us know =)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
It seems that switching to the 32-bit client may temporarily get you in. Can you try opening the launcher, and hitting Options located on the system menu bar (which is gray)?
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Priest
I tried that earlier it didnt work. =(
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Priest
Actually just attempted the 32 bit client again and it worked =) thanks for the info. Will you please let us know when we can switch back to 64?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I also tried 32-bit mode and it hasn't worked. I've tried everything I've found as a fix, and nothing has worked. I've tried adding the Google DNS info, clearing cache, restarting, flushing cache, 32-bit mode... nothing. :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Siwtching to the 32 bit client worked for me too.
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Priest
I found i was running the 32 bit client from the wrong place and having it run from the launcher worked instead of running it from the folder itself. Hope that might help you out. =)
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
I also tried 32-bit mode and it hasn't worked. I've tried everything I've found as a fix, and nothing has worked. I've tried adding the Google DNS info, clearing cache, restarting, flushing cache, 32-bit mode... nothing. :(

Try going to Mac HD -> Users -> Shared and deleting the Blizzard folder.

Then restart and see if you can get in via the Launcher.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Try once more in 64-bit. This issue should be resolved.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I still can't log on :( been trying since 5:00pm EST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am running 32 bit mode, too and still no workyy
Reply Quote
I can't log in either & I have done the normal "trouble shooting" they tell you to do & restarted my laptop.
Reply Quote
Wife is having this issue on her Mac as well, with none of the prescribed troubleshooting/fixes doing any good.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Consolidating in :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728183889
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]