Monk 3s comps?

90 Human Rogue
What kind of comps are you folks finding some shape or form of success in?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In my experience, WW/Destro/Rsham or WW/BM/Disc work the best. I've had more success with the former.
Reply Quote
My personal favorites are WW/hunter/rsham or disc and WW/enhance/disc

WW/spriest/rsham is probably one of the best you can play

WW/DK/disc is also decent
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I cant put together a 3s comp that one of my other healers doesn't function better in. :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
i ran WW Monk/Lock/Rdudu to 1750 but im now running WW/Mage/Disc and since we found a good mage i think we might be able to hit 2k :3

Edit: for 5.3 im going to try to go WW/Enhance/Disc
Edited by Melondew on 5/3/2013 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I ran Ret/BM/MW up to 1850. The hunter I had was terribad but we still made it up there. With a good hunter we probably could've hit 2k+
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
OP - are you talking about from a WW perspective or a MW perspective? I can see MW fitting into almost any comp that other healers can fit into. I think we're very slightly underpowered in comparison to others healers (since we only have 2 real team panic buttons [LC and Revival] whereas shamans have link, healing tide, NS, Ascendance).

I've been having moderate success with Ret/Spriest/MW. Although I don't think it is necessarily a top tier comp.

I'm certainly open to hear what other MW have had success with!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
any comp works as long as ww has the glyph to remove all DoTs on their paralysis target.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Ran pretty much everything, it all works tell you get intelligent(ish) thug cleaves, (meaning they can still /roll 3 to choose target, but know how their cc works and setting up their burst) or wizards.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Rogue/Mage/MW worked pretty well for me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Me and a ww monk went 12-6 as mm hunter ww monk resto shaman today, seems like a good comp but i'm going to go bm next time we go at it, lotta times the extra trinket woulda saved my !@#.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
WW/Destro/Rsham (or druid), and WW/Spriest/resto again. The only healers WW don't go well with are paladins, and MW monks. Also Disc priest for those 2 comps.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I run this MW monk with a Destro lock and an arms war and this week we are 22-8 and have reached 1750 so id say this is a very viable combo
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Here is how it works.

You have a healer CHECK

Are you a melee CHECK

Are you an Arms Warrior?

If so add a Hunter and go Kung-Fu Cleave if not proceed

Are you a Enhancement Shaman?

If so add a Hunter and go Beast Cleave if not proceed

Are you a Rogue?

If so add a Hunter and go Thug Cleave if not proceed

Are you a Feral Druid?

If so add a Hunter and go Jungle Cleave if not proceed

Are you a Death Knight?

If so add a Hunter and go PHD (or some say PHDk) if not proceed

Are you a Windwalker Monk?

Take a guess...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Thug cleave worked well for me. Running at 2200 mmr.
Edit: I'm running as MW
Edited by Pillowbubble on 5/5/2013 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]