Heart of the Wild - Passive

100 Tauren Druid
@OP
If you think HotW's active effect is useless you're woefully ignorant. And then I checked OPs gear/raid history...

/thread.

HotW is amazing. And far more than a 'situational' bonus; It is very meaningful dps, either added up over an entire encounter or for help on a specific burn phase for adds or otherwise.
The tanking aspect of it can be somewhat questionable in a raid environment, but then again if you need it to tank, you lost a tank w/no brez and you probably deserve to wipe.
The healing it can do is, just like the dps portion for a healer, is meaningful.

Also, for a resto druid, the thing's like a mana cd. If you reach any part of a fight where your other healer can pickup more slack, or you're free to dps hard w/HotW, that's 0 mana spent for x seconds you dps. That's big time mana back broski.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/02/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Ishrn
This point, I would disagree with. At any time?
(usually refers to single-target, I should have made a more specific point though). THere's never a justification to be #1 in damage every time. Strengths and weaknesses exist to provide flavor and usefulness to an increasingly homogeneous game. I would rather be strong in many fields than awful in all but one field.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As a pvp healer, I like to pop HotW when I see a lot of people on an opposing team falling low and I know healing is secure on my end. My added dps is often just enough to finish people off... plus, if the other team is scrambling to heal people up, they probably aren't focusing so much on me. This is when I have my chance to 'free-cast'.

On a mannequin, I can pull about 55k dps in my pvp healer gear... for 45 seconds. I've seen guardians (when not actively doing something else) start spam-healing the group during a tough encounter, and it working. For 45 seconds, we have the effectiveness of four healers... If one healer dies, a feral or guardian can 'switch' in a pinch, and this is invaluable.

I am perfectly okay with this ability being situational and on a long cooldown. Six minutes, though? I'm not so sure. For PvE encounters, this should give you one or MAYBE two uses per fight. In PvP, you'll get to use this maybe once during every big clash. Do other classes get the option to temporarily 'switch' to any spec? No, and that is where this ability finds its usefulness. I like the fact that I often feel like I fit the cracks between the classes, and that's where druid usefulness comes in. For example, as resto, my primary heals are all hots... but I do have some abilities that are instants (not to mention tree!), to 'save' us in a pinch.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
HoTW is amazingly useful imo! as a guardian being able to after a taunt switch burn it and tranquility and rejuv the entire raid is great, as well as being a tank that can on demand burst for 90k+ dps sustainded for the entire duration. before asking for it to be buffed play around with it more. It is fine as it is, and at least for guardian imo the best of the choices with the versatility it gives and bonuses for survival while tanking (rejuv in bear form), dps (wrath spam of DOOM), and Tranquility+HT+Rejuv ALL THE THINGS). add that into the already passive bonuses makes this a clutch talent.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

The power that's inside

Pokemon!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

The power that's inside

Pokemon!

Gotta catch 'em! Oh so truuuuue...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
we havent really been hybrids since tbc, if not vanilla

AGREED... I quit playing WoW at the end of tbc and upon re-subscribing and coming back to my druid I noticed this. WE AREN'T HYBRIDS ANYMORE!

I remember before; as resto I use to be able to jump in bear form and interrupt enemy spells, I CANT EVEN CHARGE PEOPLE WITHOUT THE TALENT, bear form use to be stronger for none feral/guardians, it's far from being as useful as it use to be. I use to be able to do some dmg with wrath and starfire and a few other spells, not anymore (again, only if I spec into it; HOTW for 45sec, 6 MINUTE COOLDOWN). ._.

I use to feel like a HYBRID, I was FLEXIBLE, now I feel LIMITED to my spec.. That's not how a druid is suppose to feel. Feral druids don't even have to come out of cat form anymore, they don't even have to jump into bear anymore (because we can't heal in bear, most of the time it's a pointless defensive for feral and resto druids). Ferals now tunnel people without even leaving cat form, it feels like a brain-dead spec compared to how it use to be. Feral may be stronger now, and easier to use, but it doesn't feel like a hybrid should, neither does resto.

/signed
Edited by Naturezwrath on 5/6/2013 2:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I am perfectly okay with this ability being situational and on a long cooldown. Six minutes, though? I'm not so sure. For PvE encounters, this should give you one or MAYBE two uses per fight. In PvP, you'll get to use this maybe once during every big clash

No kidding.. the cooldown is RIDICULOUS; we get to be a hybrid for only 45sec every 6 MINUTES?! lol

Without certain talents we're forced to tunnel our spec's form, which is a very bland way of playing.

example;
For PvP, without Feral Charge talent or Faerie Fire glyphe it's often pointless to switch into bear form.

I'm not asking for a buff, i'm just proposing a change...
Edited by Naturezwrath on 5/6/2013 2:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Without certain talents we're forced to tunnel our spec's form, which is a very bland way of playing

They did this on purpose. The non-primary form spells added a bit of the "druidy" feeling back.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
No kidding.. the cooldown is RIDICULOUS; we get to be a hybrid for only 45sec every 6 MINUTES?! lol

Without certain talents we're forced to tunnel our spec's form, which is a very bland way of playing.

You mean if we choose to dps we have to dps? The horror! If they changed druids back to being hybrids (which is what you want) then they would die out from the raiding scene. Honestly, if a raid needs dps they aren't going to take some druid that can only do half of what another dps can do. If I was our raid lead I'd refuse to let any druid in since they can't do any of there jobs well, even if they can do more than 1. I'd much rather stick with a priest or pally that I know can do their job.
Reply Quote
NV is dead to me for pvp. I know it can be better for some rbg maps "situationally" but I've literally topped healing in rbg's and stole games because of HotW.

HotW #1
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
How about we just merge Feral and Guardian to the glory days of Feral Combat?

Also Dream of Cenarius all day.
Edited by Morthra on 5/7/2013 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Druid
Increases Stamina, Agility, and Intellect by 6% at all times.

You seem to be forgetting this, which is huge. The other stuff is just gravy, and can come in very handy.

I understand your point about playstyle, which I also enjoy about druids.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If you want to play every role then gear for every role. While progressing on heroic Tortos I played Boomkin and Did decently, then last week I wasn't needed and went feral. On Heroic Horridon I tanked adds when a tank was gone for his finals in school. The first week of MoP raiding I healed MSV to get us started until we could 2 heal. And i'll probably heal a few of the 3 heal fight in Heroic ToT. My group knows feral is my main spec and they also know i can play whatever we really need for a specific fight/missing a raider.

HotW isn't meant to allow you to tank/dps/heal all in the same gear as you see fit, its meant to provide a temp boost to something you already do. Try popping HotW and tranq in a 10man currently and a 25man come 5.3, its powerful.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
As healer in pve (LFR, nothing fancy), when I run out of mana I usually pop this, hot tanks up, WG, then go to town. I started pvping very recently, and every six min I get to surprise an ally or two...
Edited by Rayguy on 5/8/2013 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]