Nerf it! and here is why!

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
First i have my green fire, it is awesome.

Second i did it with no addons. nothing was on, not even recount.

this fight is terrible... not impossible....but not worth the reward.

The whole warlock community asked for green fire.... the whole warlock community should get it.... if you elitist jerks wanna epeen boost then maybe you should get an achievement.
90 Undead Warlock
Recount helps kill Kanrethad? I havent seen that in any strat videos.

Opinions are like a holes, everyone has one and no one thinks that their's stinks. You sir, stink.
90 Worgen Warlock
this fight is terrible... not impossible....but not worth the reward.

That's YOUR opinion, and I know that there are PLENTY of warlocks on here who would definitely disagree with you. Obviously it was somewhat worth it to you or you wouldn't of put forth the effort to complete it.

The whole warlock community asked for green fire.... the whole warlock community should get it.... if you elitist jerks wanna epeen boost then maybe you should get an achievement.

Again, that's YOUR opinion on the matter. It has nothing to do with being elitist, hardcore, or anything of that nature. It's been completed by many different players of various skill levels and preferred play styles and many warlocks who have completed it have outright said that when it comes to warlocks they're bad players.

I'm going to be blunt and I'm fairly certain I can speak for the majority of the wow player basis in general... Some of us enjoy challenging content... and we don't give two #$(*s whether or not that means some one else can complete it or not. We enjoy what we enjoy, regardless of another players skill level. Stop trying to correlate things that have absolutely no relevance to try and obtain some sort of internet moral high ground.
90 Undead Warlock
it's really not... green fire just isn't worth the effort.... and should be available for the whole community that asked for it.... not just the "skilled" players
90 Undead Warlock
lol, so when someone wants it to be nerfed it's a terrible opinion but when people want to be elitist jerks its a great one?.... Green fire for all locks!
90 Worgen Warlock
If anything should remain even remotely challenging it's stuff that does not impact actual gameplay.

The color of your spells does not allow you to do higher DPS.
90 Undead Warlock
04/25/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Ryukurai
I'm going to be blunt and I'm fairly certain I can speak for the majority of the wow player basis in general... Some of us enjoy challenging content... and we don't give two #$(*s whether or not that means some one else can complete it or not.

I'm gonna be blunt and tell you that YOU ARE WRONG! when blizz ups content at 5% i would say that 95% of the wow pop would call you "not representative of them"! you can have "challenging content" without green fire... are your really saying that if there was nothing to gain from this fight you would try it? lol, no!
90 Undead Warlock
If anything should remain even remotely challenging it's stuff that does not impact actual gameplay.

The color of your spells does not allow you to do higher DPS.

nope, adds no advantage... should be available to the whole community that demanded it!
90 Human Warlock
I think you'll find that most people actually enjoy accomplishing something rather than have it given to them.
90 Undead Warlock
I think you'll find that most people actually enjoy accomplishing something rather than have it given to them.

like your name, your trolling skills are equal!
90 Orc Warlock
04/25/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Murdorkhan

like your name, your trolling skills are equal!

Your opinion differs from mine, therefore you are a troll!

Your Crane technique is strong, but you cannot defeat my Tiger fists!

I am fond of exclamation marks!
90 Worgen Warlock
Yeah, either he's trolling himself, or just extremely opinionated.

I'd be fine with nerfing it eventually if it didn't nerf itself through gear acquisition. The boss pretty much rolled over at a 520 ilevel. By the time 5.4 LFR comes out the fight might as well be redesigned to be attempting to catch Kanrethad in a certain time limit as he runs around the room. That would make the challenge even remotely apparent.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I think the whole warlock community should EVENTUALLY get green fire. This will allow it to be a prestigious symbol for the high end players for a certain amount of time but the casual players will EVENTUALLY be able to enjoy green fire for themselves. No, I am not saying this because I want kanrethad to be nerfed nor do I want to display my self as a baddie I am solely saying this because I feel it would be unfair to the more casual players.
90 Orc Warlock
If the Warlocks who spend all their time crying over this boss would instead spend that time trying to kill the boss, then most Warlocks would have green fire.
This encounter shouldn't be nerfed. It's a hard fight, but it gets easier when you get your rhythm, and timing down. The more wipes you have, the more opportunity you have to tighten things up.
90 Undead Warlock
Deserve =/= Want. It's optional to pursue the scenario. No one is entitled to green fire.
Want it? Go get it, bust your chops like the rest of us.
90 Undead Mage
it's players like you that destroyed this game
90 Undead Warlock
it's players like you that destroyed this game

um... i have green fire on current difficulty ... it should be nerfed, its not worth the effort... i'm telling you for that amount of effort it should be more.. like tangible helpful stuff not just a cosmetic change that illegal mods have given forever....
90 Undead Warlock
Deserve =/= Want. It's optional to pursue the scenario. No one is entitled to green fire.
Want it? Go get it, bust your chops like the rest of us.

i did "earn it"... its not feasible for some ... the whole community begged for this.. the whole community should get it..... give some sort of "achievement..or legacy" for the others to stroke their epeen.
Edited by Murdorkhan on 4/25/2013 5:04 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
It should be scaled up with each content patch to maintain difficulty. Too many things in this game are too easy, this is one of the things i've enjoyed in a long while. You have your respectable opinion, but I also have mine. Also, if you want nerfs, it has a self-nerfing mechanic enabled. Gear up for it, and do it again. Blizzard did a fantastic thing by making it the way it is now.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]