Nerf it! and here is why!

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
That's YOUR opinion, and I know that there are PLENTY of warlocks on here who would definitely disagree with you. Obviously it was somewhat worth it to you or you wouldn't of put forth the effort to complete it.

nope i just wanted to do it just to shut up elitist jerks like you! why do you care if everybody has it? you can still have your "epic fight" without denying one of the most requested (should be a glyph) items ever. face it you need to stroke your epeen...
90 Human Warlock
I don't know how I stand on this issue.

I am sitting in BT right now, staring at the soulwell. The farthest I can get, is the first felhunter phase, killing one of them. I have watched vids, I have read strats, I have read guides.

None of them work.

I have done this fight over and over, and "Stand here and do this" does not have the effect they are saying it will. "Stand behind the pit lord and charge/breathe to kill the imps" I kill maybe half, and the other half demolish me while the pit lord attacks the boss, who casts a chaos bolt, but I am out of range of my portals and my teleport. So I put the portals closer, the teleport still LoS, next time, I get all the imps, but by the time I take care of all that, CATACLYSM YOU DIE!

So I try again, this time making sure to keep charge up and ready, get the imps, dodge the chaos bolt, stun the cataclysm, first hunter comes out, walks right through my RoF, eats the enslave, I die. For every one thing that I change, 4 more pop up and I can't do it.

Do I want it nerfed? I don't know. I want the fire, I want the prestige of beating the boss (And to maybe get back into the guild that kicked me for "Being a fail lock for not one shotting this simple boss), but at the same time, there is just SO MUCH to focus on, I can't do it all. I only have 10 fingers, and feel like I need at LEAST 4 more to be able to keep everything in this fight under control.

Makes me want to just delete my lock and forget about it. It's just not fun.
Edited by Abenzio on 4/25/2013 5:21 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
How about this, give warlocks green fire on pickup of the sealed tome or maybe right before the boss (as if you used it specifically to kill him or something), but grant a feat of strength if completed.

Personally, I haven't done the quest because it hasn't dropped yet -_- but I know I like a challenge. If you nerfed the boss, then people would think less of the green fire. You know, like "wow he got green fire, who cares it's easy."
90 Human Warlock
give the "accolades" for the elitist who cant stand the fact that another human got the same as them

The problem is that, right now, green fire is the accolade. Therefore I do not support the nerf.

Also, if anything REALLY needs to be changed, it's the fact that the book is a drop rate. So not only do you have to farm a boss, but you have to farm rare spawns just to get a chance at the fire. If the whole warlock community truly wants green fire at whim, then they need to change it to a pick up quest rather than random chance. And I don't see anyone complaining about that. Well except me..
90 Worgen Warlock
TL;DR: I'm right, you're wrong. The end.

Good story. Would read again.
90 Human Warlock
TL;DR: I'm right, you're wrong. The end.
Good story. Would read again.

IDK man, these "part time" WoW players or whatever you want to call them contributed to us the horrors of LFR and scenarios (which aren't bad). Blizz does a good job of pleasing them since they might lose $15 over a warlock who doesn't get green fire.
90 Undead Warlock
Yeah, just give me full 541 heroic thunderforge gear as well. I mean I pay $15 a month, why can't I get everything I want?

yes! i don't even pay 15$ a month for GAS........ we pay them, they SHOULD give us stuff..... but as you can see i'm not complaining about tangibles. i'm complaining about intangibles that are TOO OVER MATCHED for the whole community that asked for it! THE WHOLE COMMUNITY DESERVES GREEN FIRE, WE ALL PETITIONED FOR IT!

you truly are a sheep that thinks you need to work for what you pay money for!
90 Undead Warlock
IDK man, these "part time" WoW players or whatever you want to call them contributed to us the horrors of LFR and scenarios (which aren't bad). Blizz does a good job of pleasing them since they might lose $15 over a warlock who doesn't get green fire.

wow you really are a terrible troll... i have my green fire... what i am saying is the whole lock community(the one that used to say we travel in lines to hide our numbers, community) deserves green fire.... it took everybody !@#$%ing about having to get this opportunity... why should only a few(myself included) get to reap the rewards?
90 Undead Warlock
You do realize that as your gear gets better, the boss becomes easier, so in a way by not changing the difficulty of the boss it is in fact self nerfing as time goes on.
90 Undead Warlock
You do realize that as your gear gets better, the boss becomes easier, so in a way by not changing the difficulty of the boss it is in fact self nerfing as time goes on.

um according to the elitist on this forum it should never be reachable... many threads think it should scale going on... thus they can hold onto their "status symbol"
90 Human Warlock
I wasn't referring directly to you but the nature of how blizz "improves" their game. I absolutely don't mean to insult you.

Why should only a few reap the rewards? I don't know, maybe it hasn't dropped yet? *hint hint*
By the way, I didn't petition for it, so you can't say we all did. We simply got lucky that blizzard noticed something that would be kinda cool so they said to themselves, let all the warlocks good enough for this quest have it! They never met your demands.
Edited by Ímbad on 4/25/2013 5:56 PM PDT
90 Orc Warlock
TBH...

I dont care what they do, I downed it at 493 ilvl on hardmode....

Im just tired of Green Fire threads
90 Human Warlock

I think we all are. Maybe if all the people asking for advice would actually go look for it first instead of making ANOTHER thread.
90 Orc Warlock
04/25/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Ímbad

I think we all are. Maybe if all the people asking for advice would actually go look for it first instead of making ANOTHER thread.

But the search function is soooo hard lol
90 Undead Warlock
But the search function is soooo hard lol

yes lets troll(derail) this subject.....
90 Human Warlock
No one gives a !@#$ about your opinion! Here's why!^
I don't know how I stand on this issue.

I am sitting in BT right now, staring at the soulwell. The farthest I can get, is the first felhunter phase, killing one of them. I have watched vids, I have read strats, I have read guides.

None of them work.

I have done this fight over and over, and "Stand here and do this" does not have the effect they are saying it will. "Stand behind the pit lord and charge/breathe to kill the imps" I kill maybe half, and the other half demolish me while the pit lord attacks the boss, who casts a chaos bolt, but I am out of range of my portals and my teleport. So I put the portals closer, the teleport still LoS, next time, I get all the imps, but by the time I take care of all that, CATACLYSM YOU DIE!

So I try again, this time making sure to keep charge up and ready, get the imps, dodge the chaos bolt, stun the cataclysm, first hunter comes out, walks right through my RoF, eats the enslave, I die. For every one thing that I change, 4 more pop up and I can't do it.

Do I want it nerfed? I don't know. I want the fire, I want the prestige of beating the boss (And to maybe get back into the guild that kicked me for "Being a fail lock for not one shotting this simple boss), but at the same time, there is just SO MUCH to focus on, I can't do it all. I only have 10 fingers, and feel like I need at LEAST 4 more to be able to keep everything in this fight under control.

Makes me want to just delete my lock and forget about it. It's just not fun.

Don't want to turn this into a gear thing but yeah.. your gear is holding you back. 454 ilvl with blues and greens is damn near impossible unless you've already memorized the phases. You're not even hit capped. Get gear and face roll it later.. just be patient it isn't going anywhere.
Edited by Jakit on 4/25/2013 6:25 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]