Nerf it! and here is why!

(Locked)

100 Orc Warlock
04/25/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Murdorkhan
But the search function is soooo hard lol

yes lets troll(derail) this subject.....

You just write off anyone that says something opposed to your opinion...you ruined this thread yourself.
100 Undead Warlock
No one gives a !@#$ about your opinion! Here's why!^

apparently you did! LOL
100 Undead Warlock
You just write off anyone that says something opposed to your opinion...you ruined this thread yourself.

no, i wrote off someone comparing this fight to the search function.... oh wait that was you! lol!
90 Human Warlock
Rahl, it is 100% real. I got told by a guild, who was not a top 10, that if I couldn't beat a simple solo boss, i must be a fail lock. That their guild was pushing to be a top raid guild, and all of the locks that got the book, have already beaten the boss without issue. The boss is a skill check, if i couldn't beat it, I am obviously not good enough to be raiding and should just focus on normal modes because they would be more my speed.

Jakit, I figured that someone would mention something about that. I know you are right, and honestly i haven't even seen a lock with green fire on my server, but it's still sitting there taunting me. "I am at the end boss, all I have to do is beat it and I get the fire...just one more try....one more try....one....more...try"

And thank you guys for both being civil about it instead of jumping to the, looking down your nose at me, style of post I see sometimes.
Edited by Abenzio on 4/25/2013 6:49 PM PDT
100 Human Warlock
APD
Must not have been a very friendly guild if they kicked you out for THAT.
90 Worgen Warlock
Green fire is similar in ways to a rare hunter's pet encounter with a tough fight inbuilt. Everyone can get it, but only a few will have it. Just because everyone asked for new pets to tame and saw the models on MMO Champion doesn't mean they should automatically get it. Some will go out of their way to get it when it's new, but soon enough it'll become more and more common. Eventually it'll become trivial as better gear becomes available, so no need to nerf it.

These days I'm about as casual as you can get. I only started LFR last week. I'd been sitting around at 90 in green levelling gear for the past few months and decided to pull my finger out and gear up, and I did so the same as I've done since late wotlk; leeching off welfare pvp gear. I didn't have the tome drop, I bought one.

I got my green fire the other day. I'm a solo player these days, and I proved to myself that green fire is perfectly achievable for someone like me. I didn't have to rely on 24 others to gear up. I didn't have to go out in the world and farm a rare drop, because I instead spent that time playing the AH and effortlessly getting more gold than I could spend.

I'm not elitist, I just think people are too spoilt these days. Whenever a little bit of work is involved, they cry. It's better to have something that you work towards, than something that every other lock and their dog has. Not worth the reward? The only things that last in this game are cosmetic.
Edited by Tasker on 4/25/2013 7:17 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
u suck
90 Goblin Warlock
First off I will admit that I did QQ hardcore about this and even asked for a nerf myself before I got the green fire. But after I calmed down and just relaxed and did the boss I killed him and got my green fire and felt like a boss. It didnt take me that long either, no more than 50 attempts (i stopped counting after 15 haha). Now that I have it I feel like it shouldn't be nerfed. It is appropriately difficult because it is a cosmetic thing, you dont HAVE to do it. It wont affect you in anyway in pve or pvp. It is simply an epeen booster. And while you say you have it and would like it to be nerfed well then thats your opinion. And If people like me who are above the average casual player but not "elitist" hardcore players are saying to not nerf it, them maybe you should reevaluate your opinion. I am glad there are still things that are in this game that are still a challenge.
Edited by Saiken on 4/25/2013 8:20 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
Rahl, it is 10D% real. I got told by a guild, who was notWa toB 10, that if I couldn't beat a simple solo boss, i must be a fail lock. That their guild was pushing to be a top raid guild, and all of the locks that got the book, have already beaten the boss without issue. The boss is a skill check, if i couldn't beat it, I am obviously not good enough to be raiding and should just focus on normal modes because they would be more my speed.

Jakit, I figured that someone would mention something about that. I know you are right, and honestly i haven't even seen a lock with green fire on my server, but it's still sitting there taunting me. "I am at the end boss, all I have to do is beat it and I get the fire...just one more try....one more try....one....more...try"

And thank you guys for both being civil about it instead of jumping to the, looking down your nose at me, style of post I see sometimes.

You don't have gear good enough to do A heroic 5 man dungeon much Less Kanrethad.
Get out of here with your fake guild BS and obvious Troll. Ive seen level 85s with better Gear. Take your crap 450 gear home.
90 Worgen Warlock
First off I will admit that I did QQ hardcore about this and even asked for a nerf myself before I got the green fire. But after I calmed down and just relaxed and did the boss I killed him and got my green fire and felt like a boss. It didnt take me that long either, no more than 50 attempts (i stopped counting after 15 haha). Now that I have it I feel like it shouldn't be nerfed. It is appropriately difficult because it is a cosmetic thing, you dont HAVE to do it. It wont affect you in anyway in pve or pvp. It is simply an epeen booster. And while you say you have it and would like it to be nerfed well then thats your opinion. And If people like me who are above the average casual player but not "elitist" hardcore players are saying to not nerf it, them maybe you should reevaluate your opinion. I am glad there are still things that are in this game that are still a challenge.

Exactly what I was going to say, and btw not all green fire locks are "elitist jerks" i'd be happy to help anyone who struggles with the Ebonlocke. After realizing what this quest is truly about u understand that blizzard was trying to limit the cosmetic not to only hardcore raiders or geeks but to people who actually want to be good at the class and are willing to die (a lot) to prove themselves.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Can this game not be challenging anymore? This is the first in a long time that they made something legitimately challenging outside of raids and everyone complains that is should have been a glyph, or just part of the class. Personally i miss the old warlock days of having to fight your pets to enslave them and doing quest chains to get your class mounts. This felt like a great throw back to those quests.

If you haven't played a lock long enough to know why the doomguard says "What happened to your friend?" then you probably have no idea what i'm talking about, lol.
90 Troll Warlock
I'm rather tired of seeing the argument "it's just aesthetic, it shouldn't be this hard!" It's flat wrong. Blizzard, back at the end of classic, and again with every expansion since (and several times mid-expansion) has systematically disassembled the character power benefit of being more skilled, dedicated, or stubborn than the average player. In classic, the power differential between a hardcore raider and a casual was enormous, the difference between mediocre blue and green gear and 3rd tier epic gear.

Now, the extreme casual player is 1.5 tiers (~20 itemlevels) behind the extreme hardcores. The power differential has nearly vanished. In exchange, the bargain Blizzard made was that the hardcores, those more skilled, dedicated, or stubborn than the average, would instead have access to at least the epeen strokage that was part of the draw of those purples in classic. The ability to have people recognize, on sight, that you are a cut above. All of the coolest looking stuff *is* hard to get, by design.

The coolest-looking mounts? Raid drops, or exclusive PvP rewards, or rare spawns/rare drops, or massive gold sinks. The best transmog gear? Farming old content for drops, or completing difficult content like challenge modes (all golds), current raid content, or old hardmodes (which are often still decently difficult). The coolest looking hunter pets? Rare spawns, often elites with hair-trigger taming gimmicks, some of which require friends to help. Best battle pets? Difficult, rare, or time-consuming achievements, rep farms, old content farms, or rare spawns.

In other words, the fact that it's purely aesthetic is even more reason for it to be as hard as it is. If it granted player power, it would have to be accessible to and easily completed by everyone. The fact that it doesn't is precisely that justifies it taking as much effort, skill, and determination as it does, because it's not a player power issue. It doesn't help you DPS better in raids, kill bosses better, or in any other way make your character better. It just makes your spells look cool.

If you like the effect and want it, put in the time, effort, and practice to get it, just like you have to put in the effort, time, or other investments to get rare or cool looking mounts, transmog gear, pets, companions, etc. If it's not worth the effort to you, realize that's your own choice, and that you're not entitled to the effect just because you desire it. The fight will nerf itself over time automatically, as LFR gear level increases with tiers, and if all else fails, 6.0 and the level cap increase included will trivialize most of the major mechanics of the fight.
90 Human Warlock
Im just tired of Green Fire threads

I would love to have full challenge mode gear. I still have to do challenge mode dungeons for it, yet it is a cosmetic change. I thoroughly love that I got green fire on my alt warlock. I have not had this much frustration with anything since Burning Crusade when my guild was trying to kill KT. Yet once I calmed down, took the time to go through the motions of learning the fight, tweaking the way I did things, and getting the mechanics down properly it was great.

I made progress and eventually I obtained green fire. I was ecstatic. I was talking crazy fast on mumble, bragging to guildies, and wanting to show it off. I actually felt like something was worth achieving in this game. Most things are a joke now, it was nice to have a challenge.

I do not want to be elitist about it but casuals should expect that they will not have green fire right away. They will have to spend more time getting it as they are casual. Hardcore players will out gear it quicker and have an easier time but it's not as much a gear check as it is a mechanics check. Eventually casual players will be able to obtain it, probably fairly easy in later 5.2. If I wanted to be elitist I would say that blizzard should implement an ilvl cap so everything is scaled down like CMD.

I completed the quest with 483 ilvl and I know others have done it with the same ilvl or lower. I was not hit capped and I did it with half pvp half pve gear. 522 gear is easily obtained by VP, LFR provides 502 ilvl gear, and PvP gear is 493 soon to be 496.

Once more for emphasis.

90 Goblin Warlock
04/26/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Släeos
I do not want to be elitist about it but casuals should expect that they will not have green fire right away.

I'm a Filthy Casual and I have green fire.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
This fight really isn't that hard though. I mean its really only difficult because its forcing you to do things you might not do already as a warlock.

How many people actually have /pet move to bound? I know I do, but a lot people don't even do that. Also the fight gets metric tons easier when you dispel your debuffs. The attempt I killed it I didn't get one annoying imp on me because I took care of the seed of corruption.

Considering that there are multiple ways that have successfully demonstrated that this boss is in fact beatable, I think its a pretty cool fight.

I mean think about Chaos Bolt. You can eat it with Sacrificial Pact, because it only hits for 450k. You can also use Demonic Circle: Teleport to line of sight it. You can also use the demon gate, because Kantherad won't attack you while you have the buff from jumping through the gateway, and he won't cast Chaos Bolt on his own Pitlord.

The real issue is people need to suck it up and stop asking for everything to be mailed to their toon. The only satisfaction you get from beating the boss is if its hard. Once they nerf it and every Warlock and their brother has it, its no longer something special. But if you had to work hard to get it, its all the more satisfying. I don't care if everyone eventually gets it, and I hope the entire Warlock community gets a chance to do this boss as he was meant to be done.

The reward is not the destination but the journey.
90 Human Warlock
Its becoming much more common to see green flames everywhere. meaning its not impossibru.
Just take a challenge. Its much more rewarding if you actually had to think, instead of sending in your void lord and bursting things down.

This is my alt,alt,alt,alt, alt and i was able to do it. im not a super good player. i dont do heroic raids and im a 1550 hero. but after awhile everything became clear and it was easy after that.
Some of us enjoy challenging content... and we don't give two #$(*s whether or not that means some one else can complete it or not. We enjoy what we enjoy, regardless of another players skill level.

Welcome to the wonderful world of opinions.
From what I can see, you're a very selfish person.
90 Worgen Warlock
04/26/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Valorfist
Some of us enjoy challenging content... and we don't give two #$(*s whether or not that means some one else can complete it or not. We enjoy what we enjoy, regardless of another players skill level.

Welcome to the wonderful world of opinions.
From what I can see, you're a very selfish person.

How is that selfish? That's like saying a person who enjoys fast food supports people having heart attacks from eating unhealthy food... You're correlating an unrelated effect of a given cause. (albeit that's a bit extreme it's the same unrelated correlation that people so often try and link in situations like this)

"I enjoy challenging content"

There is no addition to it, it's just that... A person enjoys what they enjoy. It's selfish and self-centered to think that because a person enjoys challenging content, they enjoy it because others can't do it.
Edited by Ryukurai on 4/26/2013 3:53 PM PDT
96 Orc Warlock
You don't have gear good enough to do A heroic 5 man dungeon much Less Kanrethad.
Get out of here with your fake guild BS and obvious Troll. Ive seen level 85s with better Gear. Take your crap 450 gear home.

Let's see, you've done LFR a few times and that's the extent of your raiding experience, you have a whole 12k hks, 1100 arena rating, no rbgs....I'm trying to figure out what you even do with your Warlock.

See? Everyone has something you can nitpick at. There's no need to be an !@# just because someone has less gear than you do.

Abenzio, you may have gotten screwed over but just go with it. There are tons of (probably better) guilds out there, so don't sweat it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]