Nerf it! and here is why!

(Locked)

He's just a troll, please stop feeding him and prehaps he'll go back under his bridge.
90 Human Warlock
Don't want to go off topic, so this will be the last of it.

Rahl, I did find a better guild in the most odd of places. Got an invite to a guild made up of the people I worked with several years ago in Yellowstone National Park. Pretty neat.

As for the quest, and this thread, I will not feed trolls, and will follow the advice I was given. I will wait for a while, get some gear, and come back to this. Like I said in the previous post, I haven't seen ANY locks, horde or alliance, that have the fire, so it is not going to taunt me while I gear up.

win/win
90 Human Rogue
I'm a Filthy Casual and I have green fire.

I never said anything about filthy casuals nor did I say that they couldn't get green fire right away. They shouldn't expect to get it immediately without taking some time to learn the fight, having decent gear, etc.
90 Undead Warlock
This fight really isn't that hard though. I mean its really only difficult because its forcing you to do things you might not do already as a warlock.

How many people actually have /pet move to bound? I know I do, but a lot people don't even do that. Also the fight gets metric tons easier when you dispel your debuffs. The attempt I killed it I didn't get one annoying imp on me because I took care of the seed of corruption.

Considering that there are multiple ways that have successfully demonstrated that this boss is in fact beatable, I think its a pretty cool fight.

I mean think about Chaos Bolt. You can eat it with Sacrificial Pact, because it only hits for 450k. You can also use Demonic Circle: Teleport to line of sight it. You can also use the demon gate, because Kantherad won't attack you while you have the buff from jumping through the gateway, and he won't cast Chaos Bolt on his own Pitlord.

The real issue is people need to suck it up and stop asking for everything to be mailed to their toon. The only satisfaction you get from beating the boss is if its hard. Once they nerf it and every Warlock and their brother has it, its no longer something special. But if you had to work hard to get it, its all the more satisfying. I don't care if everyone eventually gets it, and I hope the entire Warlock community gets a chance to do this boss as he was meant to be done.

The reward is not the destination but the journey.

so true, a warlock poet
90 Undead Warlock
So by your logic.... just because I ask and beg for something, then I automatically deserve it to be handed to me......

beautiful.
90 Undead Warlock
You don't have gear good enough to do A heroic 5 man dungeon much Less Kanrethad.
Get out of here with your fake guild BS and obvious Troll. Ive seen level 85s with better Gear. Take your crap 450 gear home.

Let's see, you've done LFR a few times and that's the extent of your raiding experience, you have a whole 12k hks, 1100 arena rating, no rbgs....I'm trying to figure out what you even do with your Warlock.

See? Everyone has something you can nitpick at. There's no need to be an !@# just because someone has less gear than you do.

Abenzio, you may have gotten screwed over but just go with it. There are tons of (probably better) guilds out there, so don't sweat it.

Ok, why raid, when LFR is the exact same encounter only easier and puggable? I am a casual player. Sorry if I am not elite enough for you. But, I barely play WoW, and somehow I was able to complete the green fire quest. I am the perfect baseline for the quest. I dont raid and I dont push RBG or Arena ratings. I am going for my 100k HKs in regular bgs because I am an altoholic. Doesnt mean I dont understand how to PVP. I would most likely destroy you in pvp and pve regardless of my apparent deficiencies. I play and have fun and still I am more than a match for these crybabies begging for a nerf.
90 Undead Warlock
I am a normal raider, I have green fire, I will happily give advice and tips to anyone struggling with this fight, but it should not be nerfed.
if it gave a DPS increase there would be grounds to nerf it.
if it gave any utility there would be grounds to nerf it.

but as things are, completely cosmetic things (challenge mode armor, for example), are the last bastions for people who actually WANT a challenge in this game. Raids get nerfed/LFR's are introduced so anyone with a 90 toon can grab epics if they so much as speak up in trade or press "enter queue".
I like a challenge. I can respect you wanting green fire (personally I wanted warlock tanking to be a real thing. green fire was kind of a meh exchange for it), but if you can't appreciate the awesome encounter that they've put together for us then you don't deserve it.
call me an elitist if you want, all it'll do is paint a bigger sign that you're just whiny and entitled. People like you are a much bigger plague to this game than casuals ever were.
100 Human Warlock
Deserve =/= Want. It's optional to pursue the scenario. No one is entitled to green fire.
Want it? Go get it, bust your chops like the rest of us.

i did "earn it"... its not feasible for some ... the whole community begged for this.. the whole community should get it..... give some sort of "achievement..or legacy" for the others to stroke their epeen.

Blizzard delivered on TWO (2) promises.

When our epic level 60 mount quest was removed, the warlock community make a lot of noise. (In fact all warlock quests were epic and /or fun. Fighting our Voidwalker to subdue it, quests across continents for the others, summon doomguard, infernal, even robes of arcana)

Blizzard promised to return a difficult and epic questline for us at OUR insistence! So now we get what the community wanted, you don't want it anymore? We get green fire AND the epic quest and fight. You are really effing this up for us.

If you want to ask for nice things in the future from Blizzard, just shut your big mouth now. You are really spoiling this nice community we have going here.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
First i have my green fire, it is awesome.

Second i did it with no addons. nothing was on, not even recount.

this fight is terrible... not impossible....but not worth the reward.

The whole warlock community asked for green fire.... the whole warlock community should get it.... if you elitist jerks wanna epeen boost then maybe you should get an achievement.

I couldn't disagree with you more.... I'll be the first to admit I'm a terribad player, and if I can get green fire by just learning from my screwups, anyone can. Everyone can do this, you just have to put in the effort. Some people might do it in less than 10 attempts, some might take 50, but regardless, it's not that difficult a fight.

BTW, I had about 20-30 wipes. Just stay positive and keep at it people, you're making this seem harder than it is.
100 Orc Warlock
Ok, why raid, when LFR is the exact same encounter only easier and puggable? I am a casual player. Sorry if I am not elite enough for you. But, I barely play WoW, and somehow I was able to complete the green fire quest. I am the perfect baseline for the quest. I dont raid and I dont push RBG or Arena ratings. I am going for my 100k HKs in regular bgs because I am an altoholic. Doesnt mean I dont understand how to PVP. I would most likely destroy you in pvp and pve regardless of my apparent deficiencies. I play and have fun and still I am more than a match for these crybabies begging for a nerf.

You missed the entire point of what I said. I was pointing out that there's no need to be a douche just because by gear/progression/rating you appear to be better than they are. By appearances, I'm better than you are, but there's no way of knowing that unless we find out first hand. You're welcome to try btw <3

As for the quest, it will not be nerfed. In case no one has noticed over the years, Blizzard loves watching you squirm.
Those of us who aren't 'skilled' will not see green fire till next xpac when we out level it. I play afflic/demo so I don't really care but eventually everyone will be able to acquire it. It will just take longer for some. /shrugs
90 Goblin Warlock
I don't know how I stand on this issue.

I am sitting in BT right now, staring at the soulwell. The farthest I can get, is the first felhunter phase, killing one of them. I have watched vids, I have read strats, I have read guides.

None of them work.

I have done this fight over and over, and "Stand here and do this" does not have the effect they are saying it will. "Stand behind the pit lord and charge/breathe to kill the imps" I kill maybe half, and the other half demolish me while the pit lord attacks the boss, who casts a chaos bolt, but I am out of range of my portals and my teleport. So I put the portals closer, the teleport still LoS, next time, I get all the imps, but by the time I take care of all that, CATACLYSM YOU DIE!

So I try again, this time making sure to keep charge up and ready, get the imps, dodge the chaos bolt, stun the cataclysm, first hunter comes out, walks right through my RoF, eats the enslave, I die. For every one thing that I change, 4 more pop up and I can't do it.

Do I want it nerfed? I don't know. I want the fire, I want the prestige of beating the boss (And to maybe get back into the guild that kicked me for "Being a fail lock for not one shotting this simple boss), but at the same time, there is just SO MUCH to focus on, I can't do it all. I only have 10 fingers, and feel like I need at LEAST 4 more to be able to keep everything in this fight under control.

Makes me want to just delete my lock and forget about it. It's just not fun.

I'm actually in the same exact boat as you. I feel like i just suck at being a lock. It's discouraging when I get smashed in the same spot. If we had 520 Ilvl it would be a different story for the hunter phase because they would actually die in the 4 rain of fire stacks at the portal.

PS: I wanted to ask if anyone else who has started the scenario and left for a later time can't get into black temple the raid. I can't get into the raid and I'm pretty sure this would be the only reason why. No transmog runs for me until I get that green fire I guess.
90 Undead Warlock
04/25/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Murdorkhan
The whole warlock community asked for green fire.... the whole warlock community should get it....

And they will, after a few patches, so all the S key heros can have a chance with their Ilvl 999 raid finder gear.
Edited by Glantor on 4/27/2013 12:05 PM PDT
04/27/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Glantor
The whole warlock community asked for green fire.... the whole warlock community should get it....

And they will, after a few patches, so all the S key heros can have a chance with their Ilvl 999 raid finder gear.
Wait till next expac should be alot easier buy then.
90 Undead Warlock
04/27/2013 12:07 PMPosted by Kakashi

Wait till next expac should be alot easier buy then.

Hope they buff him to level 95 when mists is over.
90 Worgen Warlock
It should be scaled up with each content patch to maintain difficulty. Too many things in this game are too easy, this is one of the things i've enjoyed in a long while. You have your respectable opinion, but I also have mine. Also, if you want nerfs, it has a self-nerfing mechanic enabled. Gear up for it, and do it again. Blizzard did a fantastic thing by making it the way it is now.

what he said ^^

This was the best challenge WoW has given me for a long time, it was driving me crazy wiping over and over but getting farther each attempt. Making it almost all the way, then forgetting just 1 mechanic and BAM, wipe again. I can only hope it is scaled up through content for the challenge to remain.
100 Undead Warlock
Just my two cents: I'd be a lot happier if this didn't lead to horrific repair bills.

Jussayin'.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
04/25/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Ryukurai
I'm going to be blunt and I'm fairly certain I can speak for the majority of the wow player basis in general...
No, you don't. Average to low ability players outnumber pro/veterans in this game by an incredible margin. You should be glad they exist instead of being so prejudiced against their opinions. Without them? Blizzard would be in Bankruptcy proceedings....
Edited by Ilsewitch on 4/29/2013 3:53 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]