You just recieved this Spriest...

90 Human Priest
Just leveled this Spriest to 90 finally, after having him sit at lvl 60 for around 4 years.

Completely poor in all regards.

What would you work on first?
Get gear for LFR?
Get gems?
Get Chants?
Fill open glyphs?
Redo talents?
Tag world bosses?
Get professions up?

I know what I would do first, but what would YOU do first, if handed a completely garbage Spriest?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
How much gold do you have? I typically buy every available glyph for my characters, whether or not I'll ever use them.

Getting gear for LFR is a good place to start. Tagging world bosses need not be mutually exclusive with that. You can skip on the gems and enchants until your gear is a little more stable if you wish, unless you're absolutely loaded.

Unless you're going to be raiding at least normals with a guild on a regular basis, I'd probably just worry about professions a little at a time.

Talents are typically redone on a fight to fight basis anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Get Glyphs and select talents.

Get geared for Heroic Dungeons, then run those until you're geared for the first Tier of LFR.

During this time level your professions between dungeon queues.

Get in on World Bosses at least once a week when you see the Trade spam for them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This is a good talent / glyph setup for Dungeons and soloing:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Xb!002201!cdp

Divine Insight or Mindbender are also good solo / dungeon choices.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
How much gold do you have? I typically buy every available glyph for my characters, whether or not I'll ever use them.

Getting gear for LFR is a good place to start. Tagging world bosses need not be mutually exclusive with that. You can skip on the gems and enchants until your gear is a little more stable if you wish, unless you're absolutely loaded.

Unless you're going to be raiding at least normals with a guild on a regular basis, I'd probably just worry about professions a little at a time.

Talents are typically redone on a fight to fight basis anyways.

Its funny you mention getting all glyphs even if you don't use them. I often wonder why I'm such a scrooge that I dont do that. Ive had a DK main since beginning of Cata and I still dont have even half of his glyphs.

I'm loaded for gold, but not going to buy gear, no fun in that ;) I might buy all the glyphs however, just to play with them. Is it just me or do Shadow priests have no real good (read: dps improving) glyphs?

I think I'm actually going to spend the 2g per gem and get green quality gems to fill all the slots.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This is a good talent / glyph setup for Dungeons and soloing:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Xb!002201!cdp

Divine Insight or Mindbender are also good solo / dungeon choices.

Solace and Insanity, does it provide anything other than the increase to mind Flay? I see an old(?) ability called insanity that eats your shadow word: pain. Does that still exist?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Is it just me or do Shadow priests have no real good (read: dps improving) glyphs?

By design!

04/26/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Prayers
I'm loaded for gold, but not going to buy gear, no fun in that ;)

I usually don't buy epics either unless one last piece will let me queue for LFR. I would buy enough gear to be able to queue for heroic instances though.

Does that still exist?

No.
Edited by Nixxe on 4/26/2013 10:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
04/26/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Nixxe
Is it just me or do Shadow priests have no real good (read: dps improving) glyphs?

By design!

04/26/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Prayers
I'm loaded for gold, but not going to buy gear, no fun in that ;)

I usually don't buy epics either unless one last piece will let me queue for LFR. I would buy enough gear to be able to queue for heroic instances though.

Does that still exist?

No.

Very nice, thank you! I purchased the Dreadful gear I am wearing only because someone was obviously bored and placed the pieces on the AH for 50-75g per piece.

I'm debating doing BGs for honor gear, until I can scoot into LFR. I think LFR is my first goal for sure, next to world bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I came back from a break and just hit 90 the other day. I also bought a few of the crafted dreadful gladiator pieces from the AH for the 60-90 gold range. I don't think it's boredom. I believe they only need a few bolts of windwool and there seems to be a ton of windwool floating around.

I queued for heroics and AVs and found running AV was netting me a ton of honor and very quickly. I converted the JP I had (from running dungeons going 85 to 90) to honor because it seems that the honor gear has stats at least as good as and often better than what you could get with JP and the bonus of PVP power and resilience. So the gear is kind of a mess right now, but it's serviceable and at least puts me at an ilvl that opens up more possibilities for me for gearing options. I think a similar method could work for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I came back from a break and just hit 90 the other day. I also bought a few of the crafted dreadful gladiator pieces from the AH for the 60-90 gold range. I don't think it's boredom. I believe they only need a few bolts of windwool and there seems to be a ton of windwool floating around.

I queued for heroics and AVs and found running AV was netting me a ton of honor and very quickly. I converted the JP I had (from running dungeons going 85 to 90) to honor because it seems that the honor gear has stats at least as good as and often better than what you could get with JP and the bonus of PVP power and resilience. So the gear is kind of a mess right now, but it's serviceable and at least puts me at an ilvl that opens up more possibilities for me for gearing options. I think a similar method could work for you.

Indeed. On PvP gear, the +pvp power and +pvp resil are free stat weights. Meaning the gear has a PvE value of whatever its item level is. Completely worth it to get honor gear to start I think.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would probably stop playing for like a month.

Every time I get excited about leveling and make it to max, I just get wow depressed and stop playing.

:(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Every time I get excited about leveling and make it to max, I just get wow depressed and stop playing.

I do this exact thing, not when I level, but when I transfer a toon to a new server... And I have no idea why. Maybe because I don't know anyone? Lol
Reply Quote
75 Pandaren Hunter

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Glyphs and talents

Get geared for LFR, then do LFR and world bosses and such.

Then get gems.

Then enchant stuff.

And in the meantime do dailies so you get your extra loot rolls.

Then raid if desired.

In that order.

Easy peasy :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

e

I thought I was the only one that went through this. It's usually after a big grind (especially after leveling a profession 1-max). I end up quitting for 3-5 months. Just came back after leveling a mage alt on a brand new server. xD
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Depends tbh, r u gona pvp or pve

Im a pvp person and i just bought all the crafted s12 stuff and started doing bg's
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
LA
Get all appropriate glyphs and a stack or two of tomes to change talents around. Get gear for LFR. Go to isle of thunder and grab a trove key for elder charms while in dps queues. Tag Nalak/Oondasta while in dps queues, too. Then work on professions while in yet more dps queues.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I would dig around these forums for helpful advice and add ons. Then I would...

Do some dailies.
Do more dailies.
So even more dailies.
Cry to my friends about dailies on mumble.
Do arena of annihilation for a semi decent weapon.
Battlegrounds. Battlegrounds. *huffpuff* TB! WG! Battlegrounds.
Get my ilvl high enough for LFR.
Wade through the crazies in LFR. Get gear finally for pve..
Old raids for t-mogs.
Battlegrounds/Arena til next week.
Ad Infinitum and you're living my life as I know it. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Beyond what has already been suggested.

Personally?

Finish leveling Tailoring, extra cloth is, well extra. Daily cloth made in silken fields can get you 476 hands chest, couple of Blood Spirits and your looking at 496 hands. Not to mention practically free back and pants embroidery. And the chance to learn new 522 patterns from daily cloth, plus "All of the 458 PvP patterns for all cloth classes.

Inscription. Instead of buying glyphs level it up and make your own. Shoulder enchant for inscription included. Or if you were thinking a different profession now would be the time to switch. Make your own offhand Fan.

Replace the lowest trinket you have, 450 Ghost Iron Dragonling with 3 cogs will be money well spent. And the lowest ring, may even raise your iLvL enough to at the very least do heroics and possibly LFR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]