The most amazing time...you didn't win.

90 Goblin Shaman
I wanted to take a moment to thank all my spirited friends and foes from this realm.

I would love to hear your greatest story about the time you lost.

Here is mine:

Back in Wrath I used to gank in Niffelem where the frost giants are. I would gank so hard that players would group up to kill and camp me.

This was also the time of the petrification flask, which made you basically unkillable. So I'm out tstorming people off ledges and mounts and

having some serious lols. After awhile I generate enough heat and get chased down by a rogue. He gets me down to about 5% and I petrification

flask and log out and do some work. About an hour passes...I figure its safe to log back in and wreck more havok. Logged in and same rogue

kills me just as i zone in. SAME ROGUE! He waited an HOUR for me to come back and kill me. I was so impressed but that. As you know I will

never send a rage or QQ tell so I never told him/her about it.

Here is to you Sinisterelf!

You made my day!

/applause
Reply Quote
67 Draenei Death Knight
The other day I was running quests in Krasarang Wilds on my 89 Horde DK when a rogue two levels beneath me sapped & opened up on me. Thinking that the poor chap was in for a world of hurt, having never had a problem fending off rogues in the past, I was shocked when I wound up dead rather quickly.

He must have noticed that I forgot to turn Blood Presence back on after DPSing a dungeon a few minutes before, because I sure hadn't. Thought I was going to wet m'self laughing so hard when I realized what had happened.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My 3s team is my drinking team. We generally start losing after I've finished my drink (I know, one drink is sad...I'm a small person). Anyways, it becomes hilarious at that point. Especially when rogues open up on me and all I can do is think, "well, that's a lot of damage!"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Back in Wotlk I was doing 2's with a resto shaman and we were fighting some sort of team with a hunter on it. My shaman died, hunter's partner died, and we engaged in an epic battle. I had just started playing the game a few months before, I was a clicker, a keyboard turner, and all around baddie (the standard ret pally in wotlk).

Me and this hunter go at it for a while, my ret paladinness carrying me along until I get him to like 1% HP. He proceeds to feign death, and thinking I've gotten the victory, I literally throw my hands up in the air for joy. He gets up, and two shots the HP I have left before I can get my hands back down to the keyboard.

It was definitely a learning experience, and one of the losses I remember best because it taught me, always try to judgement the hunter just incase.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
2 here, both with rogues (though I've seen great players in all classes):

#1 - In early cata prot was pretty solid when geared (well as geared as I ever get). I was in Tol Barad Peninsula up near Largo's Overlook, looking for people to gank, running solo and not fearing much. Saw this rogue and I was like 'ur mine baby.' Opened up on him and then something happened. I lost total control of the fight. He played me like a music instrument. I blew absolutely every cooldown I had, Lay on Hands included, to reset the fight, and he still never went below 90%. I see/feel that sometimes, but not at that level of skill very often at all, then a couple of days later.....

I was running with 3 people, all of us in vent, doing dailies in Tol Borad finishing up and there he is again, minding his own business questing alone and I am like: 'Pay back time biotchh!...can't beat ya solo, ur mine now!' Well he locked down the fire mage with us, let me beat on him, blew up our holy priest. Locked me down, blew up our mage, then looked at me levelly and proceeded to beat me silly. I was sitting dead in body watching as he went right to questing like nothing happened, and I never saw him again. I'll not forget that rogue.

#2 - Back in Vanilla. Another rogue. This one was EVERYWHERE. Ashenvale, yep he'd pop out of stealth, kill me, then move on. Stranglethorn Valley, the same. Desolace, same thing. He did that to a lot of people I think as his name was spoken with something like awe. The one day we're doing those two dragons (I think it was) that used to exist on the east side of the Badlands....the quests with the elites. I'm assisting someone and boom there he goes, three of us down, and then he stops, waves, helps me kill the dragons, disappears, and I literally never see him again. I think I was about lvl 50 paladin then (having bumped into him from 30 until then). Not forget him either. He gave me my first real 'look over your shoulder' wpvp feel ever. It was pretty awesome looking back.

I'll add one other addendum...I still remember the feel of seeing a full 40 man Horde raid riding worgs through southern Searing Gorge to Molten Core after massing in the Badlands. Ohh, the blood was high then! //////CHARGE!!!!!!!
Edited by Bordak on 4/26/2013 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Back in Wotlk I was doing 2's with a resto shaman and we were fighting some sort of team with a hunter on it. My shaman died, hunter's partner died, and we engaged in an epic battle. I had just started playing the game a few months before, I was a clicker, a keyboard turner, and all around baddie (the standard ret pally in wotlk).

Me and this hunter go at it for a while, my ret paladinness carrying me along until I get him to like 1% HP. He proceeds to feign death, and thinking I've gotten the victory, I literally throw my hands up in the air for joy. He gets up, and two shots the HP I have left before I can get my hands back down to the keyboard.

It was definitely a learning experience, and one of the losses I remember best because it taught me, always try to judgement the hunter just incase.

((hahahahahahaha yes!))
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
((I think one of my best experiences with losing was actually to a WSB raid while this priest was leveling back in 4.3. (Unsure what level I was, but point still stands.) I'd been dungeon queueing while sitting in the Cathedral, and for a while, my DBM had been glitching on the Slabhide fight. Now, it usually tells you about his ground phase / air phase, but the glitch was that till I reset my UI, it would tell me every 45 seconds whether Slabhide was in ground phase or air phase.

So tl;dr I zoned back in on top of a WSB raid and screamed to the Sunsworn skype call, "OH GOD, HIMANSHU'S GOING INTO GROUND PHASE!!" while I was murdered because of a DBM glitch.

http://i.imgur.com/Oj9vSs3.jpg ))
Edited by Anisse on 4/26/2013 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
((http://i.imgur.com/Oj9vSs3.jpg ))

Hey, looks like I'm taking a nap in the lower right corner of that screen capture!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I wanted to take a moment to thank all my spirited friends and foes from this realm.

I would love to hear your greatest story about the time you lost.

Here is mine:

Back in Wrath I used to gank in Niffelem where the frost giants are. I would gank so hard that players would group up to kill and camp me.

This was also the time of the petrification flask, which made you basically unkillable. So I'm out tstorming people off ledges and mounts and

having some serious lols. After awhile I generate enough heat and get chased down by a rogue. He gets me down to about 5% and I petrification

flask and log out and do some work. About an hour passes...I figure its safe to log back in and wreck more havok. Logged in and same rogue

kills me just as i zone in. SAME ROGUE! He waited an HOUR for me to come back and kill me. I was so impressed but that. As you know I will

never send a rage or QQ tell so I never told him/her about it.

Here is to you Sinisterelf!

You made my day!

/applause

It really took you about five years to come out with this troll? I expected more Vegen.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I never lose.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
My favorite thing ever is when I could finally return the favor and blow you off cliffs. Of course the few times I have you had your glyder....should have figure that lol. Also IMO you don't belong in the guild you are in. Just saying. You deserve better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I never lose.

((lol that is exactly how I feel when I play this game, pretty much all the time. Truthfully, I hope everyone feels that way when playing a game. Or why play, heh?:-))
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
back in 4.3, my guild was working on downing heroic master blackhorn. Im in the back, moonfiring my little feathery heart out when our raid leader starts screaming at me but i was really in the zone so I wasnt really paying attention. next thing I know I turn around and see the boss barreling towards me, and he took me out in two hits, sending my corpse FLYING. it was glorious.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I was fighting a hunter on Tol Barad, and despite being on a warrior just wrecking them.
They were at about 30% and I was at 80 or 90%, when they disengaged about 2 feet into a hill. Feeling cocky, I typed /bye.

Immediately after they got a crit string where I died in about 4 seconds, never hitting them again.
Reply Quote
Also IMO you don't belong in the guild you are in. Just saying. You deserve better.

I like how you have to put a negative comment about WSB on a thread that has nothing to do with us.

If that's not true desperation I don't know what is.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I went to get a mining node on my shaman in Jade Forest. So, I notice it's under a bridge, and I have to swim a little to get to it. Out of nowhere, BAM troll rogue ganks me UNDER the bridge.

I was angry for all of about 30 seconds until I realize, wait, I was just killed... by a troll.. under a bridge...

Best gank ever. I was so amused I announced it to general chat to many lulz.

The ONLY way it could have been better was if that node had been gold.

I maintain he wanted me to pay my toll.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Back in Vanilla. Another rogue. This one was EVERYWHERE. Ashenvale, yep he'd pop out of stealth, kill me, then move on. Stranglethorn Valley, the same. Desolace, same thing. He did that to a lot of people I think as his name was spoken with something like awe.

Was it Mortis?

(Sorry for the double post. :) )
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
hmmmmm the most amazing time... Well there was this one time in the beginning of MoP I was trolling this warrior (forgot the name) letting him get me to low hp, before one shotting him. Things went all as expected I was 5% I stunned him and one shotted his !@#. Prob is apparently I was so happy, this was one of my first kills in the brand new continent and without concerning much for my hp I mounted away. 10 secs later I get killed by the last tick in deep wounds, I guess karma is a $%^-*...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
04/30/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Strucks
Also IMO you don't belong in the guild you are in. Just saying. You deserve better.

I like how you have to put a negative comment about WSB on a thread that has nothing to do with us.

If that's not true desperation I don't know what is.

That's just deserved hate....there's a difference.

Desperation would be if you got invited to a 2k plus rating guild because someone was trolling you, and, knowing that an invite intended to make you look like an !@# was the best it would ever get for you, you screenshotted it to hold on to.

That's desperation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]