Tanks being kicked from LFR by idiots

90 Draenei Paladin
Just wanted to say that this just happened to me, and happens all the time, usually by a bunch of people who have no clue what they are talking about and rage kicking the tank or healer. Doubt there will be anything done by this, but I thought I should at least inform the general public that there are alot of factors that go into a wipe, plus consider some things, maybe its the persons first time being in that particular boss fight, being able to kick someone for ONE wipe by people who have nothing to do with the mechanic and more than likely dont understand it is outrageous. I could understand maybe 2 or 3 wipes but seriously, one wipe off the first boss in a dungeon is just dumb. Not to mention, when you kick both tanks as if both have the same mechanic, one is usually doing adds the other the boss, and you kick both, because you wiped. I feel like LFR is for children who want easy streak at all times. Why don't you man up little bastards and play a real role.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Light curse those run-ons.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Can you explain what made the DPS boot you as the tank? And where/when it occured?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
"Just wanted to say that this just happened to me, and happens all the time"

If you ment it happens to you all the time you probably deserve it.

I rarely see tanks get kicked unless it's obvious they don't have a clue and won't/can't listen (language).

And hey since you're using anecdotal evidence i can to.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
04/26/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Zephila
I feel like LFR is for children who want easy streak at all times.

Which is why most groups wipe so hard on Durumu and Lei Shen. Also, tanking has always been a thankless job.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I've only ever seen tanks get kicked if they really truly sucked so badly we couldn't down things because of them or if they were being abusive.

If you're regularly getting kicked then maybe you should look at the common denominator.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
usually in the runs ive been in tanks only get kicked if they are bad and I mean like after 4+ wipes still not taunting correctly or facing boss toward raid and stuff like that. If u get kicked often maybe you should look at why you are being kicked and not blame others. You should always kind of know the fight before entering a raid even lfr no one wants to waste time explaining everything about the fight to someone that isn't trying. btw theres no excuse for not knowing the basics of the fight dungeon journal is pretty good aslong as you know the basics of your class

this isn't to say its always your fault sometimes dps and healers can overreact and kick someone who just made a mistake but so do tanks at times
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I feel like LFR is for children who want easy streak at all times. Why don't you man up little bastards and play a real role.

this also doesn't help your case at all especially that last part. please tell me how you are going to 2 man ANY current raid boss as a level 90 tanks
Reply Quote
10 Pandaren Rogue
the only time I boot tanks is when they completely totally fail at mechanics, like tanking fails on Tsulong or Lei Shi.

otherwise, you can stay
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Basically I feel it isn't worth the queue time, or my time for that matter to be accused by a rouge producing a mere 6k damage saying "I" wasn't doing my role properly.

All hail 5.3, where we can be durps per second too and still acquire tank gear.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Just wanted to say that this just happened to me, and happens all the time, usually by a bunch of people who have no clue what they are talking about and rage kicking the tank or healer. Doubt there will be anything done by this, but I thought I should at least inform the general public that there are alot of factors that go into a wipe, plus consider some things, maybe its the persons first time being in that particular boss fight, being able to kick someone for ONE wipe by people who have nothing to do with the mechanic and more than likely dont understand it is outrageous. I could understand maybe 2 or 3 wipes but seriously, one wipe off the first boss in a dungeon is just dumb. Not to mention, when you kick both tanks as if both have the same mechanic, one is usually doing adds the other the boss, and you kick both, because you wiped. I feel like LFR is for children who want easy streak at all times. Why don't you man up little bastards and play a real role.

im gonna bet you did something wrong and you're just in denial. ive ran A LOT of lfrs in my time and i have never seen tanks get kicked just sh!ts and gigs.
Edited by Smokeybearr on 4/26/2013 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I've seen tanks kicked and often for good reason.

EX: Tank from last night was Squishy as hell (had to be Brezed repeatedly), pulled two bosses before people were ready (in one case the rest of the group was still killing trash and in the other half the group was in the middle of being rezed) and had no clue what the mechanics of the fights were thus getting people killed because he kept tanking them into the main group.

Sometimes the Tank is crap and has to go.
it happens
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Why don't you man up little bastards and play a real role.

this is so counter-productive to your argument.

dps are just as integral to a raid as tank or healers. no one role is more "real" than the other
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Not LFR but...

Was healing a low level dungeon with my monk today and the tank was a little slow so the super amazing rogue decided he'd try to be the tank. Well he ended up dying then blamed me. I told him I wasn't going to heal him as long as he pretended to be the tank... he ended up calling me a fail healer and left group.

Point is... if your tank sucks, kick him. It's better than somebody else pretending to be the tank when they aren't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sometimes after wipes, people would blame it on low dps. And when they see a tank near the bottom of the meters, some kick happy people will end up kicking the tank for low dps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I very rarely kick tanks, usually it's because I've been staring at "offline" on their raidframe too long, or they are blatantly failing at basic tank-swap mechanics or the like. And I may have seen one tank kicked that I didn't approve of, and they were by no stretch good.

Yeah, if you're kicked a lot tanking lfr's, examine a handy mirror to find the issue.
Reply Quote
I would say the OP is PO. Can't blame her though; the age group anymore is 8 to 12 for dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ive only been booted as tank once. Ran into a guild group who were trolling and telling people to kick people for being afk even though, as the tank... and tanking trash, I was clearly afk. I honestly think I laughed more than I got mad about it. The fact that something so dumb worked was genius.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I don't think I've ever encountered a tank or healer being unjustly kicked in LFR so far. Either they had been bad and refuse to listen to any advice, were trolling/griefing, were AFK or queued as tank/healer but were really DPS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]