[PvE Frost] Haste/Crit question.

90 Human Mage
I'm currently raiding MSV and were currently raiding MSV/HoF(next week) and I know the stat priorty it Int>Hit>Haste>Crit28%>Mastery .. And I just recently got completely hit capped.. And with that (Mostly Hit/Haste gear) My crit is now suffering..

So my question is, how much Haste should i go for before worrying about Crit?

(Please Note: I'm not really gemmed in some spots or enchanted .. I just got 480 so I'll be doing ToT)

Yellow Gem:
320 Haste or 320 Crit?

Or go orange?

Thanks!

-Tanny
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Icy-veins.com lists the currently correct gemming priorities for Frost. This topic is discussed in the following thread.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8704281147

Haste, Haste/Hit, Int/Haste for gemming. This according to Blatty who advised Icy-veins.
Edited by Frygyd on 4/29/2013 1:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
hi, for gems priority is as follows, Red sockets straight intellect, yellow sockets use Haste/intellect orange gems, and blue sockets yous intellect/hit purple gems, and currently the hard cap on Crit rate is only 24% and that really isn't that important unless you have the gear to reach it
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/28/2013 08:10 PMPosted by Tanny
So my question is, how much Haste should i go for before worrying about Crit?

Somewhere around eleventy-billion.

Really, there's no point in current gear where Crit > Haste.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Haste is always better than Crit, and at higher gear levels, once you reach ~7-10% crit ; in my own personal sims, Mastery overtakes Crit.

Haste is ~.5 of the scaling of Int, so when it comes to gemming, you need to find out if haste x2 is greater than, or less than Int, and gem accordingly. (( y: Quick, r: Reckless, b:lightning)) as opposed to (( r: brilliant, y: reckless, b: veiled))
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Crit rate is only 24% and that really isn't that important unless you have the gear to reach it

Errr no?

Crit cap is 28%, but you're right on not going crazy trying to reach it. Just when you do end up hitting it, don't go more into crit.
Reply Quote
04/29/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Xiun
Crit rate is only 24% and that really isn't that important unless you have the gear to reach it

Errr no?

Crit cap is 28%, but you're right on not going crazy trying to reach it. Just when you do end up hitting it, don't go more into crit.

This as well. Crit Cap is 25% + (Level difference). Raid boss is +3, so 28%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]