unholy dks have sooo many abilities

90 Undead Priest
i was told that playing dks are super easy and they have 3 buttons so i decided to roll one but on ptr they have so many abilities i cant keybind them all. I really wanted to play dk and can't see how someone plays one in arena, does anyone that play unholy dk know a good way to keybind ALL their abilities AND have more keybinds for focus macros?

any good unholy dks have any tips on how to play one? willing to listen!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Not sure if heavily veiled sarcasm or not, I'm a bit of a cynic. But to answer your question, there are some excellent stickied guides up on the top of the forums here that should, in theory, answer most of the questions you have for anything dk related including keybinds. When it comes to reaching all your keybinds however, that's going to take some practice and adjustment. Not much of any other way around it.

My personal opinion is that as much info as you read on the forums, as helpful as the dk community is, putting that info in play and trying it for yourself is the only way to improve. If the shoes fits.... Well, you have your answer.

Note: I couldn't answer you directly because I'm far from anything "expert" related when it comes to PvP and wouldn't want to add any negative influence from my play style onto yours.
Edited by Demoninferni on 4/26/2013 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
i was told that playing dks are super easy and they have 3 buttons
They were referring to Frost, not Unholy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/26/2013 09:52 PMPosted by Asageh

this

and as for key binds. i use every button my fingers can reach plus modifiers
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

this

Yeah....no....Frost uses 1 or 2 less abilities than unholy. I know I use at least 9 abilities during a fight, more if it requires aoe.

Edit: They only say we use 3 abilities because our "rotation," as it's called, is more prioritizing procs and proc procing abilities.
Edited by Conser on 4/26/2013 11:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Death Knight
They definitely need to remove some of the clutter from unholy.

Just way too many buttons to manage.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

why? it's fine as is...

Maybe it shows some of you, that Unholy isn't that faceroll.. yea I'm looking at you as a alt dk player.

Dude.... learn the class
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

No. If you can't manage it then don't play it. Go frost. Don't ruin the experience for the rest of us who can handle more than 1 button. Not that unholy even has that many more things to do than frost...
Edited by Niernen on 4/27/2013 3:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
no they dont have alot,even with all pet macros its not alot,i have more on my shaman
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Get a razer naga if you just have a 2 button mouse. It'll change your world.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

Any of you without one has no idea how amazing it is, best $80 you will ever spend towards a computer game. They are also on sale every now and then i would highly recommend one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
nostromo N52te + Naga = Awesomeness overload. Razer produces the Nostromo now, highly recomended
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Yup,topped dmg in a BG with spamming 3 abilites and a couple CDs. I'm a disgrace for even leveling this toon
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Do you move using your mouse? If so, could you tell me how the razer naga works for people who move w/ the mouse?

I ask because I bought one of these:

http://steelseries.com/products/games/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-mmo-mouse-legendary-edition

It has a ton of buttons in very user-friendly locations. The down side is that it gives you the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. That is unbearable... hence why I use my super-1337:

http://www.logitech.com/en-in/support/338
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

If you are only using 3 abilities as Frost you are doing it VERY wrong. I have 12 abilities I use on the regular and that's only my primary offensive skills, that doesn't account for binds, defensive skills, CDs, or anything.
Edited by Selsix on 4/29/2013 1:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Seriously this , I just bought one and everything is so much smoother.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
For pvp I have the following keybinds

23 keybinds for frost
32 keybinds for unholy.

I play a ret pally, dk, rogue, mage and warlock in arena and unholy dk has the most by far

Somewhat agree there is alot of clutter like blood boil vs pestilence and the slight damage increase for scoure strike over plague strike but then again i look a things from a pvp perspective not pve dps
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
04/27/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Kedrian

Yup,topped dmg in a BG with spamming 3 abilites and a couple CDs. I'm a disgrace for even leveling this toon

More unholy propaganda.....
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
There are several specs in this game that have the stigma of being a 2 or 3 button spec. None of them are. They all use more buttons than that.

Even the specs that have a few less buttons than others have their complexity in a different way. Managing mana for arcane mages or managing procs for frost dks are 2 examples.
Reply Quote

this

Yeah....no....Frost uses 1 or 2 less abilities than unholy. I know I use at least 9 abilities during a fight, more if it requires aoe.

Edit: They only say we use 3 abilities because our "rotation," as it's called, is more prioritizing procs and proc procing abilities.

Its not just that, frost lacks diversity, There is a high skill cap in unholy due to the more difficult rune management and runic power management, and HOW to use and save your runes effectively. I play several toons in arena this season and frost dk is probably one of the most mindless dps rotations, Its also nowhere near as good as unholy, i dont think thers even 1 frost dk over 2k in 3s on my battlegroup
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]