Glorious Conquest Vendors Removed Until 5.3

Community Manager
The Glorious Conquest PvP quartermasters (Acon Deathwielder for the Horde and Ethan Natice for the Alliance) will be removed to refit the items that they sell before patch 5.3 arrives. Glorious Conquest PvP gear is being changed from item level 512 to item level 496, but this wasn’t a change that could be applied via a hotfix. In the meantime, we wanted to avoid a situation where players intending to purchase upgrades would buy these items, only to find that they had purchased cosmetic items when they are reduced to their new item levels with the arrival of patch 5.3.

You can read about the coming item changes in the PvP Gear in Patch 5.3 blog. See you on the battlefield!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Thanks Daxx.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
What about the meta gem? Is that being moved to the other vendor?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Does this mean we will need to get 2.2k rating in 5.3 to get the cosmetic gear? I was really looking forward to the blue monk helm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I am not looking forward to a blue DK set, I will most likely just purchase it just to say i have it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I really wish I had more information/understanding of how rating is going to work in 5.3

Yes, I've read all the linked information. There's just very little hard information there considering we're getting closer to 5.3.
Edited by Banaritaz on 4/29/2013 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I really wish I had more information/understanding of how rating is going to work in 5.3

Yes, I've read all the linked information. There's just very little hard information there considering we're getting closer to 5.3.
I think Elite gear will be 100% cosmetic and un-altering to our performance .
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I'm more concerned about how inflation is going to work. Or if there will be any.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Thanks, only had 5k conq saved and full enchants/gems ready. Removing any fun from the game for the win.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This is an un-expected change that in no way effects anyone who understood how the 5.3 gear was going to work. Don't try to turn this into another soap-box to stand on while you !@#$%.

Thanks for the heads up.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
can we consider this a 2 week notice till 5.3?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

That's actually a valid point, can we consider this a two-week notice?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
This is an un-expected change that in no way effects anyone who understood how the 5.3 gear was going to work. Don't try to turn this into another soap-box to stand on while you !@#$%.

Thanks for the heads up.

Funny you use that word, because it was people's £ª•¢¡ng which facilitated this change.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

See post below from Velnrak on 4/26/13:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8704171028

We expect the 5.3 patch to be released within the next several weeks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It means you will have to earn it.
The way it should be.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Funny you use that word, because it was people's £ª•¢¡ng which facilitated this change.

Guess you'll have to play well to get your cosmetic upgrades. Damn, how unfair.
Edited by Kolzi on 4/30/2013 2:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So if you're removing gear progession from pvp... What's the point now?
Reply Quote
It does seem likely that in the next 2-3 weeks, a large number of people will be in full tyrannical and CP capped, leaving the question open as to what, if anything, there will be to spend those CP on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So if you're removing gear progession from pvp... What's the point now?
Rating.
Fun.

It does seem likely that in the next 2-3 weeks, a large number of people will be in full tyrannical and CP capped, leaving the question open as to what, if anything, there will be to spend those CP on.
Offspec.
Edited by Xfce on 4/30/2013 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The should remove the cap is you can't spend the points, then put the cap back after the vendor is replaced.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]