Glorious Conquest Vendors Removed Until 5.3

It does seem likely that in the next 2-3 weeks, a large number of people will be in full tyrannical and CP capped, leaving the question open as to what, if anything, there will be to spend those CP on.
Offspec.

At 27,000 CP, you can buy CP gear with Honor Gear, so you don't need CP for Offspec.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Ahh soon blizzards plan to completely rid arena's of WoW will be soon be fulfilled. Today I'm fully geared. Now what since you took away 2.2 gear I have nothing to look forward to. Hey maybe we should make heroic PVE !@#$ cosmetic to. This is just bullcrap Ill be back for 5.4 I suppose when you earn the %^-* you get
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
yeah i think imma stay away from pvp for this patch. The gear is butt ugly anyway
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I understand the idea, but I think this is the wrong time to block elite gear. In 5.3, there will be a ilvl cap on gear (496) in pvp so that PvP gear actually ends up being better than equivalent PvE gear.

The problem is that right now, i522 PvE pieces are destroying i493 in power. For most classes, main stats beats PvP Power even at a 1:2 ratio and you easily gain 200 main stats just from i522. In addition, you get plenty of secondary stats and often 1 or 2 sockets more than PvP gear (which ends up giving you 640+ resilience on a already superior item; see my belt for exemple).

In terms of pure min/maxing, The only i493 PvP pieces worth keeping over i522 (not even touching thunderforged or heroic pieces yet) are 4-piece armor, CC trinket and weapon.

It becomes even more ridiculous at end-game PvE gear. 4-piece ELITE pvp armor, CC trinket, ELITE weapon and rest 535+ PvE gear is better than wearing all ELITE pvp armor.

Capping PvP players only gives a bigger advantage to PvE players (again) which will get progressively worse as weeks go by. Unless 5.3 lands within the next 2 weeks, removing Elite gear is a dumb move to promote PvE gear again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It does seem likely that in the next 2-3 weeks, a large number of people will be in full tyrannical and CP capped, leaving the question open as to what, if anything, there will be to spend those CP on.

Offspec.

Once the 27,000 Conquest Point seasonal currency requirement is reached, players will be able to purchase Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear with Honor Points.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9331806

What now?
Reply Quote
WOW Ruin the game for alot of people? When a PVE person can get better gear than someone who has honed their skills over time to EARN gear now they can be outgearing us? Horrible idea and will lose alot of people. Of course it works out for the people that cannot pvp and will just get better gear in a boring raid..lame.
Reply Quote
So why not just leave Elite Tyrannical alone at ilvl 512 for world PVP and then have it scale down like everything else in ranked instanced pvp?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/30/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Spastek

Offspec.

Once the 27,000 Conquest Point seasonal currency requirement is reached, players will be able to purchase Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear with Honor Points.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9331806

What now?

Yeah I forgot about that, but i still don't really care.
Soon i'll be full Tyrannical, yet i don't care if I have nothing to spend conquest on. My desire is apparently in-line with Blizzard's; I don't care about world PvP, I just want to have skill be the main factor in rated PvP, not gear.

That said, i'm not against some of the suggestions in this thread like removing the cap on conq for now or just leaving the gear as it is for world PvP and scaling it for rated stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Does this mean we will need to get 2.2k rating in 5.3 to get the cosmetic gear? I was really looking forward to the blue monk helm.

Maybe you should push a little rating hmmm?

Creepxx same goes for you, come on kids, nobody takes you seriously with a 1500 achievement, you didnt work for anything, if pve gets insane theyl fix it.
Edited by Shîvah on 5/1/2013 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Hey ! Please take a look at this topic ! I want feedback from players and devs ! :) It concerns pvp gear !! thank you :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796680658
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

Nothing! You arena in the name of competitive spirit!!!11!!11one!!111

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]