Here's the idea:
"Whenever you take direct damage, your ties to the nether strengthen, increasing your damage dealt by X%. This effect is increased as your health decreases "
Think like, warlock version of the Resto Shaman mastery. This could be altered or limited in various ways:
- Short duration is ideal. Immediate Vengeance is the best kind, right?
- A cooldown might also be appropriate, perhaps for increased effect (as it functions currently).
- Maybe just "the next spell" for on-use effect- solves a lot of balance issues
- Slow to increase, quick to cap- It has to have a reasonable % range, otherwise the damage gets out of control quickly with other cooldowns in the mix.
- Trigger range?- might not want a full 100-0 spectrum, or even a linear scale (again, like the Rsham mastery)
A huge draw for me here is how it would interact with talents and health-manipulating abilities. Sacrificial Pact or Dark Bargain to gamble and stay at low health? Soul Link to have a bigger health pool to work with? Dark Regen/Healthstone/Ember Tap, or keep the damage rolling?
If Thorns and Eye for an Eye weren't compelling before, I don't think AV's current implementation does much better. The goal is to make the warlock threatening to attack, not the spell, right?