Prot Tanking

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just need someone to look over my reforges and my gems I dont know if I am doing something wrong or what? I cant seem to get past like 55k-60k dps...That is extremely low! Can someone please help?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just took a real quick look, but you're a bit under the hit-cap and your haste is a bit low. You could change the armor kit on gloves to a haste chant and the boots from Pandaren Step to haste, since it doesnt stack with PoJ (thats assuming youre using Speed of Light only for specific fights like Ji-kun). Execution Sentence is also a higher DPS talent for single target. Also think I saw a haste/stam gem in a slot you could have put a straight haste gem into. You could use an add-on like ReforgeLite to help w/ reforging but you'd have to play with the stat weights a bit since the default for prot isn't set up for a haste build. There's probably some more but it's kinda late and I'm kinda tired.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just a couple things that Typan didn't hit on. The stam trinket, you could replace it with something that has static hit/exp/haste. Remember having hit or exp trinkets means you can reforge into haste more often. Stam gives pretty much no benefit to dps, unless you're at vengeance cap I suppose.

I should probably add that dps in the haste build is heavily dependent on your incoming damage and your execution of the rotation. Taking more damage and using your holy power generators correctly helps immensely. I'd recommend looking at logs of other prot pallies and comparing yourself to them. Do they generate more holy power with the same amount of haste type questions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The haste build you see around is not the only build you can go for as prot, and if that's what you're aiming for your haste is far too low and you're under hit cap and risking missing HP generators.

As said above the Haste build is dependent on your incoming damage and execution of your rotation and as a tank it's more about staying alive than doing "awesome" tank DPS.

Other builds for example, Treckie from Method
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Treckie/advanced
Riggnaros from Blood Legion's Prot Pally
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Riggalon/advanced
(I know their gear level is higher)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
As said above the Haste build is dependent on your incoming damage and execution of your rotation and as a tank it's more about staying alive than doing "awesome" tank DPS.

Haste is good for both staying alive and doing DPS, though. Mastery is roughly equal defensively but it doesn't provide the offensive benefit, and avoidance just isn't very good in general (it's decent long-term damage reduction, but not in the short-term where it would really matter).

Also, for the two you linked:
Treckie is using a stamina-heavy build because heroic bosses hit really hard.
Riggnaros is using a haste build.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
04/25/2013 10:42 PMPosted by Lítebrite
I cant seem to get past like 55k-60k dps...That is extremely low!

Give us more context here. What are you doing that you think 55k-60k DPS is low? What kind of DPS do you expect?

Logs would help too, if you have them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]