Updating Blizzard Launcher Stuck at 60-70%

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi, I just got a new computer and reinstalled wow, first day it went well didn't have any issues. 2nd day its been stuck at Updatin Blizzard Launcher at about 60-70% for the past 2 days. I run Windows 8 and have AVG for my antivirus.

Things that i've tried:
-Turning AVG off
-Turning Secondary Logon on
-Making the update tool run as admin
-Opening IE, both with and without work online mode
-Turning off Curse Client
-Uninstalling Curse Client
-Running as admin
-going to IE and turning off Auto detect settings in the internet options

I think theres a few other things but I can't recall off the top of my head. Is there anyway short of possibly running the repair tool/reinstalling that I could fix this?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
AVG for my antivirus.

Things that i've tried:
-Turning AVG off

Can you try uninstalling AVG temporarily, Girí? AVG has this removal tool:

http://www.avg.com/ww-en/utilities.tpl-auth

'Look at flesh. See only potential. Strands, sequences, twisting, separating, joining. See how it could be better. Eat flesh, splinter bone. Inside me, can touch it. Weave it. Spin it... Make it great.'

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Still not moving
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you create another User Account in Windows, and try running WoW on that User Account?

'Look at flesh. See only potential. Strands, sequences, twisting, separating, joining. See how it could be better. Eat flesh, splinter bone. Inside me, can touch it. Weave it. Spin it... Make it great.'

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Now it's stuck at checking for updates which i think is before updating launcher
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Let's try deleting the Battle.net cache again.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
back to updating blizzard launcher 60-70%
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hello Girí,

Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your Battle.net Logs? It will help us to better understand the cause of the issue.

This may not result in an immediate fix for your individual issue, but it will go directly towards getting this sort of issue fixed in general. That being said, if we can find anything in the your logs that will help us to better troubleshoot your issue, we will do so.

You can navigate to the folder by following these steps:
· Configure Windows to Show Hidden Files and Folders, as the ProgramData (Application Data for Windows XP) folder is normally hidden.
· Navigate to the folder containing the Battle.net directory:
· Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
· Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\

Then can you attach the log files from the following folders:
c:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.1637\Logs\
c:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.1737\Logs\
(If you have it, or the highest incremental number you have.)

And please also include this file as well:
c:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db

You can email those as a zip archive to this address: toolsupport@blizzard.com

Please use this line for the subject: [Girí] [Updating Blizzard Launcher Stuck at 60-70%] [8728422957]

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
emailed didn't have agent.1637 Sent what i had though
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Thank you for sending those over Girí!

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you today.

I can see that the updater is failing to receive the patch from your current set of tools, to the newest version. Would it be possible for you to send me one more additional set of logs that may show the exact point at which it is failing?

c:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Setup\wow_enus\Log\

I know it may be a lot to ask, but I'm really appreciative of your efforts!

In the interim, are you able to get into game by running the WoW.exe directly? Since this is a tools related issue, it shouldn't prohibit launching the game in that way, as long as your actual game build is up to date.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
I'm having same issue as OP. Launcher is stuck at 60-70%.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to help troubleshoot. We're moving homes this week. I was hoping to sit down for about 30 minutes and relax a bit in game now that my internet is back up, but found the launcher issue and came here to see if there was something I was missing.

Opening my WoW folder directly and launching the game through the WoW.exe folder does seem to work so it is possible to get in game that way. Obviously that's going to be an issue though when a patch gets pushed.

I'll try to check in here again tomorrow if I get time and help provide what info I can as well. I'm just really pressed for time with my move.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Emailed again, sorry was at work or I would have got back to you earlier. Thanks again for your time. I could get on with Wow.exe which i used the past day or so, just wanted to get it resolved before patch day came(whether its anytime soon or not lol)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
so uh
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Good Afternoon Girí,

Thank you again for your logs! They led directly to the entry of a bug for this issue, which is currently under review.

While that is being worked on, can we try one more workaround to see if we can possibly bypass a roadblock area?

Can you navigate to the Agent folder directly: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.1544

Then Double click the Agent.exe inside your Agent.1544 folder.

Now Run the World of Warcraft Shortcut immediately.

If there is some sort of permission issue blocking the updater from completing the patch, then perhaps performing it directly from the Launcher, in this way, will allow you to patch.

Let me know if this is successful for you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nope, wish it did haha. Still stuck at 70%ish
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
As strange of a solution as this may be I would try this because I was just researching a similar problem (Possibly something to do with Windows 8) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569597509?page=1#12
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As strange of a solution as this may be I would try this because I was just researching a similar problem (Possibly something to do with Windows 8) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569597509?page=1#12

Already tried that, along with changing LAN settings and trying it with work offline mode on and off as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have the same general problem but not on a new computer. Logged on last night with no problem, get home from work today and the updater is stuck at Initialising. I tried deleting the battle.net folder but now I'm stuck trying to update the Blizzard Update Agent.
Reply Quote
98 Troll Hunter
Same exact issue here too.

Can I just boot up from wow.exe indefinitely?
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Good Morning Girí,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. While we are still working on getting this issue resolved, we have put together an alternate solution that should get you back on track.

Please download this .zip file and drop it into your Battle.net folder.

You can navigate to the Battle.net folder by following these steps:
· Configure Windows to Show Hidden Files and Folders, as the ProgramData (Application Data for Windows XP) folder is normally hidden.
· Navigate to the folder containing the Battle.net directory:
· Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
· Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\

Now Unzip the "Battle.net_WIN.zip" file you downloaded above.

Drag the Battle.net Folder from the .zip Archive into the C:\ProgramData\ (Application Data for Windows XP) folder.

When you are prompted to Replace or Skip files, select Replace the files in the destination.

Your tools should now be up to date and running the Desktop Shortcut should open the Launcher as normal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]