The Paladin class is dead...

For so long, since vanilla I have played this game... Ever since cata... we have gone down hill.... Now; as a ret, we are literally dead... A dead dps class... the universal cooldown we have will sometimes get us killed... Idk whatever.. I am done with this game...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
A constructive post all round!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't get it. You don't PvE, you don't PvP. So what are you complaining about, exactly?
Reply Quote
I don't get it. You don't PvE, you don't PvP. So what are you complaining about, exactly?

I don't know about him but I'm complaining about people who complain
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/30/2013 05:36 PMPosted by Grapeshot

Can I complain about people who complain about people who complain? Or should I instead travel really quickly counter-clockwise around the sun?
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Adun

Can I complain about people who complain about people who complain? Or should I instead travel really quickly counter-clockwise around the sun?

Pshhh you are supposed to moonwalk really really fast... Everybody knows that
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Pshhh you are supposed to moonwalk really really fast... Everybody knows that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGXZOrEV7_c
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
the spec is in a much better place than it used to be. remember in cata? CS was your only holy power generator. remember waiting forever just to get 3? haste was a junk stat at the time, so each tv was like...12s or so without zealotry (a long cd).

ret is a little unique as the rotation gets smoother as you gear (and get more haste). eventually, there are no gaps more or less, and it's enjoyable to play, to me at least. I'd say ret is in a better place now than it ever has been. in wrath, it didnt matter what button you pressed. in cata, holy power generation was slow. now, it's way more fluid/smooth to play.

if your concern is about pvp, yeah ret isnt an OP spec, but it's still a good one. just cause a few other specs are stronger (or broken depending on your perspective) doesnt make it bad. it's more than capable.

theres a 15% dmg buff next patch to help with sustained damage (or burst, not that it is a concern), so I wouldnt shelf it just yet. things are looking pretty good, to be honest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
04/29/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Socially
For so long, since vanilla I have played this game...

*ahem*

"Cool story, bro."

Ever since cata... we have gone down hill....

You want to, I dunno, quantify that a little bit? Get some specifics? Because this is about as useless a statement as one can make.

Now; as a ret, we are literally dead...

Literally does not mean what you think it means.

Even if you use the modern definition - which seems to mean "with great emphasis" - you're still wrong.

A dead dps class...

See above.

the universal cooldown we have will sometimes get us killed...

Er, what? How does Avenging Wrath get you killed?

You do know that they took Seal of Blood out of the game, right?

Idk whatever..

"Whatever." Yeah, I'd say that sums up what you're blathering on about pretty succinctly.

I am done with this game...

Sweet! The average retribution paladin will see a small but significant improvement in skill, grammar, use of logic, and attitude.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Protection Paladins are very strong tanks as of now, and Holy Paladins are arguably the strongest healing specialization in the game.

Retribution may not put out as much DPS as some other specializations, but to say that its damage output is "bad" is completely false. Regardless, Retribution plays more fluently and effectively now than it ever has, and the spec is getting a very sizable damage buff next patch which should make them very competitive on the meters with most other DPS.

Stop being such a downer.
Edited by Areos on 5/1/2013 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
bye?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Obviously he's complaining about pet battles.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yeah, it really sucks having literally the best defensive CD there is doesn't it? Such a tough life for you babied hybrids that currently have the top Tank and Heal spec in the game and a solid DPS spec to boot. We have Frost in PVP and....oh yeah....that's about it right now. PVE we are bottom of the pack in all three specs, so cry me a river.

I do enjoy kiting your A$$es around in BG's though. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than slowly whittling away your health, stealing your insanely good self heals, and rooting you as you desperately spam for a bubble that is not yet off CD while helplessly chasing me around like a trained chimp. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have no idea where you are coming from, but my feeling is that Retribution is the best that its ever been.

Sure there are some very MINOR quality of life issues that could be addressed, but they are indeed minor.

If your QQ is over PVP, then please note that a great many classes at this point in time are absolutely OP as hell and need nerfs.

Just because another class needs nerfs, does not mean we need buffs.

Ret's are balanced. If you don't like it, play another class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]