Was so happy to get Unerring Vision..

90 Gnome Warlock
Used it on 10 ToT bosses and all I can say is can I give this back?

The proc is way way too short. Lucky if you can get 1 doom off let alone 2...

Just laughable trying to get a chaos bolt off with it..

I am unfortunately so disappointed in this trinket. 0.5xx rppm.. ROFL its fail Blizz Thanks for the let down.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You need to make a weakauras/use any add-on to track the buff and tell you when it's up. If you're doing that and still having a hard time getting one gcd off during a 4 second window idk what to tell you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
If you can't get a CB off in 4 seconds, chances are you have down syndrome.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

This.

Also, you only need to realistically get the single Doom off for a large gain just due to how Demonology and Wild Imps work....
Edited by Bullettime on 4/30/2013 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
04/30/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Cathirine
Just laughable trying to get a chaos bolt off with it..

Theres your problem, reroll affliction / demo

Apply dots during trinket proc = auto win
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
One of the most interesting/best trinkets they've made in ages.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Not really...sure the insults were necessary, but the issue here isn't the trinket itself. Perhaps a ui change can help you? :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I'm a fan of the trinket.

My only issue right now is chosing which trinket to use with it between the shadon pan valor trinket or wush's.

When I pair it with wush's i go over the hit cap by A LOT and it seems like I'd be better off using the shadon pan trinket due to this.

Anybody have an intelligent prediction on which trinket I should pair it with?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
What really make this post so stupid is the fact that chaos bolt is 100% crit chance without the trinket proc.
Edited by Battousai on 5/2/2013 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What really make this post so stupid is the fact that chaos bolt is 100% crit chance without the trinket proc. so pls learn your class before u post anything.

Chaos Bolt scales with the trinket and just increases the damage. Maybe you should make sure you get your facts straight before making ignorant statements.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
it is pretty bad, although it has static int.

the council trinket is the one you want, aka dfo 2.0.
Reply Quote
Well I would still kill for a 100% crit chance on doom.

Using it as destro spec is probably going to be a waste, frankly. Chaos bolt doesn't gain anything from crit past 100%, and even though the ember gain on immolates would be nice, I doubt that it wouldn't be more useful to have a solid spellpower trinket in its place.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
should never try to squeeze a chaos bolt in 4 secs unless you got 3 stacks of conflag.
Edited by Battousai on 5/2/2013 8:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I love the UVLS trinket, even though it's only LFR version and the proc rate isn't that great. I have weakauras to track all my procs but I made the UVLS proc super huge so i would know right away when it procs. Right when it pops up I drop whatever i'm doing, go into Meta form and just doom everything I know is going to last for at least one tick. If it's only a single target boss then I always get a Pandemic'd Doom in which 90% of the time will last long enough for another proc to occur.

At the end of fights I always check my doom dots and a large portion of the time it's over 75% crit rate on doom ticks. My dps as demo has gone up quite a bit just from this trinket, and fights like council (Even though a majority of my data is anecdotal and from LFR) I blow everyone out of the water because few classes can compete with 4 100% crit dooms rolling.

Even though the proc rate seems miserable, and it's not that great as LFR version, just get a weakaura and track the buff, it's called Perfect Aim, set it so it's nice and obvious right in the center of your screen and the second it pops drop what you're doing and do whatever it takes to get the most benefit from it, depending on which spec you are.

Overall, this trinket is super solid and I love it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
UVLS is the best trinket they've come up with in a long time.

Love it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
UVLS is the best trinket they've come up with in a long time.

Love it.

Yes. Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes. Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I don't think anyone is complaining that UVLS isn't good enough. Well, maybe the OP.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Not just that but for destro your better off tossing up an immolate under it for the 100% crit, an ember every immo tick, if refreshing for max duration your looking at another CB, not to mention you can get off 1-2 more crits when it procs.

I know our demo lock has power auras set up so his entire screen flashes red when the damn thing procs, you should have seen all the imps he had up at the end of the council fight tonight.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
UVLS is amazing for demo. If you aren't able to take advantage of it there is a near 100% chance its a user issue. (or you play with 1K ping) Make yourself a weak aura or something that shows the icon and/or plays a loud/easy to distinguish sound (eg air raid siren or something). Also, if you are using KJC make a stopcasting macro so that you don't lose a proc to a soulfire/shadowbolt cast.

Your playstyle of demo shifts somewhat when using UVLS. You want to always be able to shift to demon form 100% of the time. This means balancing your DF levels such that you can stay in meta for the 10 sec cd. You can try to put specific values to it but after awhile you'll get a feel for it. Mostly it means sitting on more DF before you shift and shifting out once the meta CD is up and building fury back up.

Demo is really a skillcap spec, especially with UVLS. Sure you can just play it semi blind and you'll gain a chunk of int and maybe the odd crit you wouldn't have had before. Play it carefully/reactively and its amazingly powerful. If you expect it to magically carry your damage it doesn't. You have to do your part to take advantage of it for demo.

Destro doesn't have the mechanics to benefit from UVLS as much as demo or aff. It also only scales chaosbolt to 100% crit bonus. That means if you have 20% crit and get a CB off w' UVLS up it will only add 80% crit bonus. If you cast CB with 20% base crit and 30% darksoul crit and the UVLS proc you'll only see a 50% crit bonus. It works inversely of other trinkets in this regard for the CB portion of destro. The "best" destro ise is open to debate but 100% crit immolates (from casting or fel flame renewal) and a RoF will generate a ton of embers. Thus for destro UVLS is better as a ember generator not as much an ember spender. Since destro sort of makes its money on CB/Sburn while under CD's this is counterintuitive. Naturally it also devalues crit for destro and increases the value of mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

thinking that chaos bolt will hit the target in time
Edited by Dotscom on 5/3/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]