Jolt's Janky Gelato: Healer OT

90 Pandaren Priest
I think I have officially become "the Holy Priest." Somehow. >.<

The Holy Priest, or THE Holy Priest?

Well, in my guild.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Tiriel question. When you heal holy...do you let Echo of Light tick for a bit before hitting another spell? Like with Halo, Cascade, or POH or Divine Insight POM proc.
90 Pandaren Priest
Hey Tiriel question. When you heal holy...do you let Echo of Light tick for a bit before hitting another spell? Like with Halo, Cascade, or POH or Divine Insight POM proc.

No. I mean, if no one really needs healing, yeah. But in the encounters that I'm Holy, there's so much damage going out that a) it's going to tick (it's usually one of my top 3 heals) and b) the damage is intense enough that I can't afford to let it tick lazily up. I have to get people topped.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No. I mean, if no one really needs healing, yeah. But in the encounters that I'm Holy, there's so much damage going out that a) it's going to tick (it's usually one of my top 3 heals) and b) the damage is intense enough that I can't afford to let it tick lazily up. I have to get people topped.

Ah ok. I like my holy priest a lot but then again I like all of my healers. Either way on high damage phases I do

POM before damage begins, pre cast POH, hit COH and then Divine Star(stacked) then if DI procs hit POM again and then hit another POH before rotation would start. Assuming it got that far do to holy being a filthy mana hog. Wish my spirit was higher. Only 10k.
90 Troll Shaman
Wooo, heroic spirit kings down with an openraid group. Imma pray the will trinket drops.
100 Pandaren Monk
I get to heal normal mode megaera on my baby priest tomorrow with my CTR group. I love healing that fight so much. All that rampage damage. Its mmm mmm good for healing.
90 Draenei Paladin
Holy crap, the Legendary meta gem is everything I had hoped for and more.
90 Night Elf Druid
I get to heal normal mode megaera on my baby priest tomorrow with my CTR group. I love healing that fight so much. All that rampage damage. Its mmm mmm good for healing.

Hope it goes well :D!

We 3 healed it tonight (in my priest's guild!) and bad things hit the fan at the 5th head :( Seems to be a low DPS issue so idk if another healer would help or make it worse.
90 Troll Shaman

I want it on my disc priest. I'm sure I can cast a few PW:S during that 4 sec proc!
90 Troll Shaman
So, Qin-xi keeps magnetizing me, it's causing me to be out of range of the other tank. :(
90 Human Priest
I want it on my disc priest. I'm sure I can cast a few PW:S during that 4 sec proc!

Nope. Because half the time Penance procs it.

Just helped my old guild kill tortos and megaera on my 479 Warlock. Was fun seeing them get those.

Well. "helped" may not be the right word there...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/denithe/advanced
100 Blood Elf Priest
05/02/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Marathel

Ah ok. I like my holy priest a lot but then again I like all of my healers. Either way on high damage phases I do

POM before damage begins, pre cast POH, hit COH and then Divine Star(stacked) then if DI procs hit POM again and then hit another POH before rotation would start. Assuming it got that far do to holy being a filthy mana hog. Wish my spirit was higher. Only 10k.

Couple adjustments:

- CoH is generally to be avoided as long as you can PoH effectively. Use CoH when PoM is on CD for:
a) Movement;
b) Scattered damage that doesn't fit a group pattern at all (and won't in the next 2 seconds);
c) Highly urgent burst.

Otherwise, CoH is generally a loss in both HPS and HPM compared to PoH with DI. It also makes it very easy to burn more mana than you really want to.

- You can fish for DI procs before the damage starts. Even with 10k spirit, PoH is pretty affordable and worthwhile as long as you're at least healing a tank or something with it.

- It's possible to get good use out of Divine Star even in a spread-ish situation if you're talented like that.

- It's OK to pace yourself a little bit even during high damage, at least on normal. Pausing briefly between casts will have a surprisingly significant impact on your mana and a surprisingly small impact on your effectiveness.
90 Night Elf Priest
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/36206692.jpg

This is how I feel about Dark Animus trash and the fight....
Edited by Naérdriel on 5/3/2013 4:50 AM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
SO HAPPY! Was sad when the other shaman said he only wanted the healer trinket off will. I wasn't gonna say he couldn't come cuz I just wanted to get it over with. So, we finally beat the boss. USED A COIN OMG, TRINKET! "Did you really get it?" *runs over to the boss* "THERE IS ONE ON THE BOSS TOO". Best loot ever, both shammies are happy! I got to shard that awful inscribed poop bag or whatever it's actually called.

Same here... we lust, pop HTT/devo aura/spirit shell and stuff and kill two. Run back in, kill another. Run back in and the rest is cake!
90 Human Paladin

Though i am far off from getting it i have been thinking about it lately.

What spells are you pushing through clear casting? Was thinking FoL would be best as it hits pretty good and generate HP. Just curious really.
90 Night Elf Priest
SO HAPPY! Was sad when the other shaman said he only wanted the healer trinket off will. I wasn't gonna say he couldn't come cuz I just wanted to get it over with. So, we finally beat the boss. USED A COIN OMG, TRINKET! "Did you really get it?" *runs over to the boss* "THERE IS ONE ON THE BOSS TOO". Best loot ever, both shammies are happy! I got to shard that awful inscribed poop bag or whatever it's actually called.

Same here... we lust, pop HTT/devo aura/spirit shell and stuff and kill two. Run back in, kill another. Run back in and the rest is cake!

Yeah, we did a weird misdirect to pally around a corner and have me spam heal him while dps die and run back. Very very pro.

We're having trouble with the spacing of the small anima's, but we got that down only to not get down matter swap. I think Monday we'll get it, people we're capable of learning, and that shows it's not impossible at this time.

But yeah, don't really know what's going on... I just heal stuff =x
90 Troll Shaman
Yeah, whenever we kill Dark Animus I'm always the first to die. For some reason I take more damage from 'anima font' than anyone else, I really don't see a debuff or anything I'm standing in. So, I'm usually the first one to die. But at least we get to say "Jolt died from jolt!". Then people start dying... and a couple times the whole raid died when the boss did, but hey we get loot. (Same thing happened with ambershaper all the time.)
90 Night Elf Priest
Yeah, whenever we kill Dark Animus I'm always the first to die. For some reason I take more damage from 'anima font' than anyone else, I really don't see a debuff or anything I'm standing in. So, I'm usually the first one to die. But at least we get to say "Jolt died from jolt!". Then people start dying... and a couple times the whole raid died when the boss did, but hey we get loot. (Same thing happened with ambershaper all the time.)

Yeah, I think tomorrow we'll get it. One tank was drunk and uhm /5 ... our healer chat.... We were getting yelled at by our raid-leader because we were talking about jaw exercises...

He was like "Can we put a xxx rated on chats, must be 18+ to enter? Because if you look at healer chat right now...."

In our defense, we had been raiding for 4 hours and most of us were drunk by then. Trying to explain a mechanic heavy fight was a lost cause.

Key moments were from the hpally

"did they say my name? crap... i think I'm going to have to do something... or was that my name? was he explaining the fight..."

me:

"why did you let me in here"

co healer

"you have what up where?"

h pally/dps

"well healer chat is finally fun"
90 Troll Shaman
My guild leader just laughs when people are distracted. He actually thinks it's cute when I kite trash back to the group after a wipe! Trash epics and thunderforged loot seems to drop more often when he dies anyway. (Sacrifice your pallies!)
90 Draenei Shaman
(Sacrifice your pallies!)

Nah, the gods prefer a good ol' Dead Knight sacrifice ;)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]