Game needs more CC

85 Undead Priest
Indeed...All these instant ccs are just a joke. Kinda makes our 1 min trink like a spit in the face when there's another stun silence fear w/e waiting for you when you use it lol.

1 minute trinket? You been holding out on us?

I want a 1 minute trinket. Bloody Elves.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Right on!

We definitely need just a little more CC. I was in a bg the other day and I got to use like 2 or 3 special attacks IN A ROW before being chain cc'd to death. I kid you not, this really happened! I should have thought it through and gotten a screenshot of the combat log.

This is not a game anymore, right? It's more like a movie. Just sit back and watch! We could see the writing on the wall when we leveled through (er, watched) Uldum. Really, we would only need a tiny tiny increase in CC to keep players from being able to control their characters at all, so let us get to it!

In fact, why not just have it so when a player is placed in combat by the attack from another player, they are automatically stunned continuously for the duration of time that combat lasts? It's only a small step from where we are now.

I used to shake my head at how bg's with this much CC even made it out of beta. It is so over the top ridiculous, I truly don't get how this can go live like this. Shook my head even more when GC said "We're generally happy with the state of CC in battlegrounds..." in that update way back. Almost hurt myself shaking my head when CC had not been fixed many months into MoP. Then, when 5.2 rolled out with the stupid amount of CC still intact, I shook my head so much that I ended up in a cervical collar for two weeks. Can the biggest MMO dev on earth really be making this many rookie mistakes?

You may not know this, Blizz, but it is decidedly un-fun to be hit with one CC after another for 15-20 seconds. After I use my trinket, I am often CC'd again before the gcd on the trinket use is over. In combat, the mean time between being hit with CC effects can't be more than a few seconds. My spec is better than most at getting out of roots and snares, but there is a whole lot more than that out there. It's frustrating, annoying, and not fun at all. I'm all about bg, and even when we are winning, I have to stop playing and let the blood stop boiling from all the frustration every now and then. Congrats, you made WINNING feel like an ordeal!

If you meant to make pvp frustrating and annoying, you succeeded. In spades. If you want to attract more people to battlegrounds, perhaps you ought to fix the problem your customers have been telling you about for months before saying, "Oh noes, raiders are bringing inappropriate gear into bgs and finding that it doesn't work well at all!" Lets rework the stats yet again! (As long as we are at it, can you make it so I can heal in str plate gear? Why should I have to get the right gear for the task at hand? That's so pre-5.3...)

To the person who said you're not going 100% to 0% in 6 seconds... I wish that were true. It happens to me all the time... and I am in plate with 65% resilience. Sometimes you're not being DPSed by only one person. I am not a healer, but I get focused pretty hard a lot of the time anyway. Stuns that never break on damage FTW!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
That person was me. If you are going up against 2 people by yourself, what do you expect to happen?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm going to agree with both sides. The amount of random CC thrown around in BGs is frustrating. Though, I wonder what I would read in the arena forum?
Persoanlly, I thought the amount of CC in Cata was decent. Then it seemed like every class got at least one more CC in MoP....

Also,

If you are going up against 2 people by yourself, what do you expect to happen?

Agree. Only a slight difference between getting 2 v 1'd, and getting 2 v 1'd where there is some random (as usual in BGs) CC thrown at you.

Unfortunately, it would be difficult to balance the amount of CC in the game by what happens in random BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Trinkets (and trinket like abilities) should ALL share a CD and when used they should prevent ALL forms of CC for 10 seconds in addition to clearing all currently applied CC. In addition ALL CC should break on damage. Also, if the CC is anything but a slow then it should have a 5-6 sec cast associated with it.

Would I risk a 6 second cast (or blow CDs to guarantee it) if it meant locking down a Fc long enough for my teammates to close in and drop him?? Yes, I would. Would I mindlessly spam it trying to CC everything in sight?? Nope, not a chance.

These changes would make PvP better by an order of magnitude. For this reason, however, we can guarantee that we will NEVER see them. You know cause they only want our money... they have no desire to make the game fun.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
05/04/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Adalyn
I've been very frustrated at the amount of CC that gets chained onto me, particularly as a healer. And yes, there have been plenty of occasions where I went from 100% to 0% with no control of my character.

The only time that kind of damage can go out is in a stun. Nobody is taking you 100-0 in a 6 second stun.

That is just patently false, you can absolutely be killed in a 6 sec stun
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Req
That is just patently false, you can absolutely be killed in a 6 sec stun

Chances are the people that are killing you in that stun....would have killed you out of the stun regardless.
Reply Quote
Fear needs to phase you out of the bg and put you in a 10 min queue to log back onto the server.

Or completely remove you from the current fight... Oh wait
Reply Quote
I've been very frustrated at the amount of CC that gets chained onto me, particularly as a healer. And yes, there have been plenty of occasions where I went from 100% to 0% with no control of my character.

The only time that kind of damage can go out is in a stun. Nobody is taking you 100-0 in a 6 second stun.

You're completely right... Mages can't do 400k in 6 seconds........ : /
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i trinket pet nova.

<you nova I trinket>

Am i doing it rite?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Do you have any idea how much damage a full Ty rogue can put out on a leather wearer in 6 seconds? I have 65%+ resil, and have died in the course of one stun chain from a rogue if I didn't have every hot in the game rolling on myself before I got attacked.

More to the point, it's not just one stun, or even one stun chain. It's stun stun stun disorient fear death grip push back kick gouge silence frozen. If you playing a healer and playing against any team with even half a brain, you will have a number over your head before you even leave the starting area.

If your primary PvP character is a warrior, you have no idea what it's like to have your picture show up as everyones focus target. You're also in plate not cloth or leather.

P.S. There are plenty of other scenarios where you can be taking tons of damage and still be out of control. There is a lot of CC that is suppose to break on damage or *probably* break on damage, but the way the pulse timers that check everything work in this game, you can spend a lot of time feared whiled still taking damage, or frozen, or rooted.

TLDR: To much CC sucks and always has. In a game with so much alpha strike damage, abilities that remove control of your character while you can be damaged are just bad game design.
Edited by Megas on 5/7/2013 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I think stampede should call 25 warlocks that fear you as they knock you back repeatedly instead of pets for the hunter. That should stop all of the hunter tears......for a day.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bring back the trinket affect of immune for 30 seconds and reduce to 1 minute. Fun will be had by all!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
LMAO you didn't get the memo dude? Blizz change it. It's not longer PvP. Now it's PvCC.

Fun huh!?

Try playing a healer, where the other teams skill is indicated in how many cc's they can string together onto you.

Make us easier to kill but remove 90% of the cc. I actually want to play not just watch.

I have had so many fights where I wasn't in control of my character from 100% to dead, of course while DPS is screaming at you about how bad you are at healing.

I didn't think this game could get worse than season 4, I was wrong. The amount of insta CC at this point is just.....stupid.

These describe my feelings on pretty much every character.

I want to be in a Polymorph long enough to take a shower!
Now that's some CC I can get behind...

CC looks like a naked shower butt, get it? hurr durr
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
There are currently 120 different forms of crowd control available to players through spells, spec, glyphs, talents, and pets. One hundred twenty. Those one hundred twenty are divided into eleven different categories.

Thanks to WildeHilde on ArenaJunkies for updating the list: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/227748-mop-diminishing-returns-updating-the-list/

For those scared to click the link, the diminishing returns (DR) categories are:
  • Controlled Root: Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Monk, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warrior
  • Controlled Stun: Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Monk, Mage, Paladin, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, Tauren racial
  • Disarm: Hunter, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior
  • Disorient: Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Pandaren racial
  • Fear: Hunter, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior
  • Horror: Priest, Warlock
  • Random Stun: Rogue, Shaman, Warrior
  • Silence: Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior, Blood Elf racial
  • Dragon's Breath and Scatter Shot: Hunter, Mage
  • None: Druid, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
  • Other: Druid, Mage, Warlock, Warrior
  • The "None" category shares DR only with itself. The Druid's Cyclone is an example, as well as Shaman's Bind Elemental.

DR categories available by class:

• Death Knight: 3
  • Druid: 6
  • Hunter: 8
  • Mage: 7
  • Monk: 5
  • Paladin: 4
  • Priest: 6
  • Rogue: 7
  • Shaman: 5
  • Warlock: 8
  • Warrior: 7
  • It shouldn't be possible for a player to have every form of CC available for her class at all times because a good portion of CC available is dependent on the character development (i.e. spec, glyphs, etc) choices made.

Monks might be an exception. All their CC categories are available either baseline or through talents. Other classes might be abusable in the same fashion.

I suppose the question might be, in light of all the CC available, and considering how utterly useless the scale and scope of the crowd control makes the PVP trinket, is it even worth purchasing anymore? It seems to be a wasted slot I could fill with a DPS trinket.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Rogue
    One way I feel like Blizz could greatly improve this situation is to go back to longer cooldowns on a lot of these CC abilities and other special abilities/trinkets. Back in the early days of WoW, you had to really think long and hard about when you wanted to use something good. No people just spam this stuff in every fight.
    Reply Quote
    19 Blood Elf Hunter
    As a healer in BGs though, if it wasn't for all the CCs, I would never die. As a MW, I only die either when 4 or more people attack me at once or if I am chain CCed by two or more people. I think their issue is that if people use their CCs in concert they can bring down healers otherwise we just run around forever and never die. I mean don't get me wrong I enjoy the fact that people generally can't CC that effectively or not that many people at one time generally look my way, but I think Blizzard is having a hard time finding a balance.
    Reply Quote
    90 Goblin Mage
    PvP is a mess now. Massive damage combined with CC has ruined it. I spent 3 days getting my Mal set and I have no desire to even log on anymore. I just finished cancelling my sub, took a few months off, bought another game card, only to come back to more pointless BGs.

Without invisibility or CC, this game would be alot better. As it stands, its a stupid waste of time.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Rogue
    Do you have any idea how much damage a full Ty rogue can put out on a leather wearer in 6 seconds? I have 65%+ resil, and have died in the course of one stun chain from a rogue if I didn't have every hot in the game rolling on myself before I got attacked.

Your omitting the fact that, without those stuns, the Rogue would die faster than you do.

Trinkets (and trinket like abilities) should ALL share a CD and when used they should prevent ALL forms of CC for 10 seconds in addition to clearing all currently applied CC. In addition ALL CC should break on damage. Also, if the CC is anything but a slow then it should have a 5-6 sec cast associated with it.

This is a terrible idea. Some classes actually need decent CC to get a good burst in or to flee from a pitched battle. What you propose would wreck Rogues and Mages from pvp forever.

These changes would make PvP better by an order of magnitude. For this reason, however, we can guarantee that we will NEVER see them. You know cause they only want our money... they have no desire to make the game fun

Your purpoted 'positive changes' would make some classes completely obselete for PvP, and if Shamans had a hard time before with only their one CC...
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]