The Formation of the Cenarion Vanguard?

90 Dwarf Warrior
((

I was working on my druid earlier today when a thought crossed my mind.

How awesome would it be too have an all druid guild on both Alliance and Horde side working together? I'm sure the roleplay would be rather interesting and it would make for some awesome storylines.

I'm seriously interested in this ideal. If anyone is wanting in on this, let me know so we can work something out.

))
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
((It's definitely an interesting idea, but maybe instead of a guild you could be more broad about it? Let people already in their established guilds join the overall organization so that those who are attached to their current guilds don't have to pick and choose. I have a druid I've been leveling when I have the time, but I got him into the Pack, and haven't even begun to get the chance to explore that opportunity. Still an interesting idea though.))
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I may be looking back on this with rose-tinted glasses, but there was a kind of understanding between Druids for a while during Vanilla, back when only Night Elves & Tauren could be them. There was a time when (on my Druid, at least) I would never attack another Druid unless attacked first.

Cross-Faction Druid RP would be a nice thing to see again ...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Outside of the druid component, I think that was supposed to be Karma Police's shtick...guilds on both sides to beat down fools from whichever faction they resided...to maintain the balance.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Outside of the druid component, I think that was supposed to be Karma Police's shtick...guilds on both sides to beat down fools from whichever faction they resided...to maintain the balance.

((

That is their schtick, so to speak. However, that's not what I'm addressing.

When it comes to WPvP, we would only interfere in conflicts where the outcome of the enemy winning would be the desolation of the local wildlife and vegetation UNLESS others were to call on our assistance with just cause. Bear in mind that only one side of the Vanguard may participate in that regard as the other side will not be needed. Same goes vice versa.

Some examples would be the Alliance Vanguard rendering aid to Ashenvale while the Horde Vanguard provides protection in the Barrens against marauding Alliance.

Karma Police is a varied group of individuals that fight wherever they go no matter the situations. While I respect them for that, the Cenarion Vanguard would only fight for just causes. And to be honest, I'm looking at more of the roleplay in this. WPvP and PvE situations would merely be a bonus.

@ Urivial: My druid is also currently in The Päck leveling as we speak, and the intent is to let druids outside of the Vanguard participate as well for an overall world RP experience. However, the Vanguard will be a home for those who feel called to serve Cenarius first and foremost.

@Weyaya: Indeed, there has always been an understanding. However, as I said to Urivial, consider this a home to those who believe in being called to a higher purpose: serving Cenarius in the protection of the natural world of Azeroth.

))
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
((

I live to serve Him.

))
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
((

*chuckles at Wilanney*

In all seriousness however, I'm curious to see if there's any interest in this.

))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
All these Vanguards coming out of the woodwork
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
All these Vanguards coming out of the woodwork

((

See the other post I put up.

Since there's going to be an Alliance AND a Horde guild, one will be called the Protectorate and the other the Vanguard.

If you find the Vanguard Horde side offensive, we'll be happy to work something out.

))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
((Lol no don't worry. It's not like we invented the word or were the first or anything))
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
((

:D

Heading to bed. Leave your opinions in this post or the other one that I put up. I'm still looking for someone willing to lead the Horde side guild.

))
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I have a druid that has a guild but would love to RP with you guys. He's already devoted to Cenarius. Tor, you know where to find me. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
((It's definitely an interesting idea, but maybe instead of a guild you could be more broad about it? Let people already in their established guilds join the overall organization so that those who are attached to their current guilds don't have to pick and choose. I have a druid I've been leveling when I have the time, but I got him into the Pack, and haven't even begun to get the chance to explore that opportunity. Still an interesting idea though.))

I agree with this

Like the Worg Raiders that Uggan set up. Any Orc with a Worg and wolf helm can join but you don't have to be in a certain guild
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Try starting a forum post with an Rp background to it. Under the post put in OCC what you guys are about and have a roster of members who are apart if it. Then continue to add more names as people join the group
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
04/26/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Bronkk

I agree with this

Like the Worg Raiders that Uggan set up. Any Orc with a Worg and wolf helm can join but you don't have to be in a certain guild

Try starting a forum post with an Rp background to it. Under the post put in OCC what you guys are about and have a roster of members who are apart if it. Then continue to add more names as people join the group

I really like Bronkk's ideas here.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I may be looking back on this with rose-tinted glasses, but there was a kind of understanding between Druids for a while during Vanilla, back when only Night Elves & Tauren could be them. There was a time when (on my Druid, at least) I would never attack another Druid unless attacked first.

Cross-Faction Druid RP would be a nice thing to see again ...

I always treated horde druids as such back then while on my Nelf, loved that aspect of the game. I've always wanted them to add Sylvan as a druid language that could be shared cross faction via /say. It would do a lot help with the idea that a Druidic order is a higher cause then petty faction rivalries, and also give druids a chance to be great emissaries.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warlock
Good idea but sadly theres a flaw, cross faction speaking, A similar idea would be a join faction Cult for warlocks, Since both factions can speak Demonic and understand the other factions demonic tonge. And with a simple Dark Hunting Glyph you can use a permenant demon form to speak to each other.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Good idea but sadly theres a flaw, cross faction speaking

((

Thanks for the input all, but this one I wanted to address.

For the roleplay events that we would be hosting, both Alliance/Horde parties would be in Vent or on Real ID. We would have our speeches synchronized so that both factions hear the same speach.

Think of it like a translator of sorts.

))
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
((

Reading back on the other posts, noticed a few more things. Just waking up, so bear with me here.

@ Bronkk: Individuals in other guilds will be allowed to attend the events. My other post has it explained, however, that the guilds will be there for those who wish to work for the cause of Cenarius only and, as Veldma said, not have to worry about ties to Stormwind/Orgrimmar or any of the other ingame issues.

@ Chery: Of course I know how to find you, dear. I'm still waiting to see if someone Horde side is willing to work with me on this though.

@Bronkk: Once we have enough interest in this, I'll start working on the first of what should be many roleplay stories for the guild/group showing as to why it has been formed.

Don't think I left anyone out......

))
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]