Mindbender vs. Power Word: Solace

100 Night Elf Priest
I'm really bad at remembering to use the Mindbender/Shadowfiend, so really, I should take PW:Sol, but then I miss out on the cool Holy Fire graphic. I'm not even sure if PW:Sol has a graphic; I only tried it once during a LFR. Kinda seems not worth it if it doesn't even look cool.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Know I'm not really addressing the topic, and am not suggesting that you don't go solace of course, but you may just want to consider using another addon to help with the mindbender CD.

Most people would hate my UI, so I'm not recommending it, never-the-less, purely as an FYI here's how I handle it in case there's something useful here for you to adapt.

I'm on a wide screen, with all my bars moved to the far right of my screen. My raid frames are bottom centre. My target, target's target and targtargtarg's frame trail up and left of the unit frames. My focus and focus target frames are up and right. Between my raid frames and my toon's feet I have small tellmewhen icons to help with the short CDs, such as penance and sol/HF, div star, PoM and so on.

For all my longer CDs, fiend/wings/casc/halo, I have slightly larger TMW icons anchored just to the middle right of my central FoV. These icons are set to ~35% opacity, so I can still see through them, but they are still "in my face". They also all have additional auditory promtps on availability. S'fiend is a primary regen tool so he gets an ooh-gah. He also has an annoyingly dark icon so between the ooh-gah alerting me he's back, and the annoying purple mess in the near to centre of my screen space, I'm strongly encouraged to get him back out there, sucking pple's faces off, asap.

So my advice to you if you have trouble remembering your fiend timers; set him up to annoy you. For me, a fiend on CD is a tidier UI.
Edited by Aerry on 4/26/2013 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I use Weak Auras and have both an Icon showing on my UI when the ability is off CD (and a CD of it when it is on CD) and a sound notification so I smack the button when needed for both PW:So and Shadowfiend/Mindbender.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Kinda seems not worth it if it doesn't even look cool.

Is this some kind of FotM priest's sentiment?

What does the "look" of a spell have to do with Anything??
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Well, Holy Fire is pretty awesome looking. I definitely missed it when I used Solace.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
04/26/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Vixie

If it doesn't look cool, I'm not casting it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
here's the math: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592579788

solace looks kinda like druid's wrath. Mindbender looks like a squid. From the visual department, mindsquid matches my transmog
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
04/26/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Vixie

People have many ways to derive enjoyment from playing their class, you know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]