Cyara's Crumbly Carrot Cake: Healer OT

90 Draenei Monk
The Rules:

1) Be excellent to each other. No one likes a jerk. Don't be a jerk in this thread. No fighting, no put downs, no name calling - or else Reta will beat you with a stick. >:(

2a) The title of the next thread is to be decided by general acceptance before this one caps; try not to overlap with previous ones. Whomever caps the thread should make the new one.

2b) Keep the ToS in mind when deciding on a thread title. This will make it far less likely to be deleted. Also, the title of the thread should always involve food! This is the healer forum and we're weird.

3) Copy and paste these rules and the below list into the first post of the new thread. Add the title of the new thread to the bottom of the list.

Titles of previous OT threads:
Practical's Donuts
Retà's Gumbo Pot
Fleurzilla's Spanish Sammiches
Oldwolfe's Singularity Jello
Kaels' Mac'n'cheese
Pipikaula's Buttered Artichokes
Kerias' Kentucky Fried Chicken
Abeille's Chocolate Truffles
Alnair's Braised Pork Belly
Winnifred's Fried Green Tomatoes
Anarri's Soylent Bread
Röth's Flawless Lasagna
Evayle's Pop Tarts
Sensations' Sensational BBQ
Scootles' Spaghetti
Gumshoe's Samosas
Malrius' Marvelous Stromboli
Akaeya's Fruit Cocktail
Rain's Evil Crawfish Boil
Zzar's Fabulous Falafel
Morenn's Ginger Beef Curry
Anohako's Red Beans and Rice
Marathel's Brazilian Pastries
Veroicone's Macaroni Icecream
Glenn's Backyard Barbeque
Jumpies' Jumpy Jumping Beans
Harpoa's Haggis
Ffraid's Fabulous Souffle
Shammyren's Stupendous Stew
Stormtides' Satisfying Casserole
Buffyria's Bourbon Bonbons
Riot's Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Eiko's Lazy Pepperoni Rolls
Feyatia's Mussamun Curry
Nerfheals' Nefarious Nourishment
Icecreamsoup's Frozen Soup
Fluffy's Lemon Meringue Pie
Vhalan's Tuscan Bean Stew
Zamboozle's Seafood Chow Mein
Dayani's Delicious Desserts
Skootalloo's Steak Surprise
Veroicone's Cookie Birthday Cake
Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes
Iritha's Casserole Surprise
General Flintte's Chicken
Fistlobster's Alfredo
Mist's Phenomenal Pork Dumplings
Naérdriel's Tantalizing Treats
Evry's Burnt Pizza
Ionne's Iconic Irish Iceceam
We Ate Too Much: Intermission
Tsilyi`s Tsilly Tsicillian Tsalad
Tardis's Tiny Tasty Tuna Treats
weeblzwobbles' wacky waffles
Cyara's Crumbly Carrot Cake

BE NICE. THIS IS OUR HOME.
<3
100 Pandaren Priest
Carrot cake is delicious. Gimme!
90 Draenei Monk
named after my favorite desert :3
90 Draenei Monk
I'd post a recipe, but I don't cook so I really don't know a good one
90 Night Elf Priest
Om nom nom cake!

I've got one I'll post later. I'm cleaning my house instead of leveling...
90 Human Priest
Oh man carrot cake! It has been too long old friend.
90 Night Elf Priest
This is my favorite:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 extra large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
2/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 pound finely grated carrots
1 cup toasted chopped pecans
1 cup golden raisins
1 batch Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by lightly coating with oil and lining with parchment paper.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and nutmeg together in a bowl. Set aside.
Mix the eggs, sugar, oil, buttermilk, brown sugar, vanilla, and pineapple together in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in the carrots, pecans and raisins just until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake on the center rack for about 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
Cool cakes in their pans for at least 30 minutes before attempting to remove them. Then, removed from the pans and peel off the parchment paper. Continue to cool the cakes completely before frosting.
To assemble the cake, place the bottom layer on a cardboard round or other flat surface and put on a cake turntable. Scoop about 1 1/2 cups of the cream cheese icing onto the top of the bottom cake layer. Using an offset spatula, spread the frosting evenly over the surface. Carefully place the second layer on top. Scoop another 1 1/2 cups or so of the frosting on the top of the cake and spread evenly, easing the frosting down the sides. Spread the icing around the sides of the cake, adding more as needed. Lift the cake off the turn table and place on a cake stand or platter and chill a bit to firm up the frosting before slicing.
SGCC’S Favorite Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients:
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange extract
3-4 cups confectioners’ sugar to taste
Directions:
Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add extracts and beat just until incorporated. Beat in sugar, one cup at a time, until frosting has the flavor and consistency you want. You may not need to add all of the sugar.

Read more: http://stickygooeycreamychewy.com/2011/01/07/the-best-carrot-cake-recipe-ever/#ixzz2RgUHisSR

She has a great recipe for it. I've used it many times =)
90 Pandaren Monk
o_o
90 Night Elf Priest
I went haste > mastery > crit.

I'm a traitor.
90 Night Elf Priest
Oh ew this is awful...

I'm switching back.
90 Night Elf Druid
^ What were you before?

YAY CAKE!

Although I don't like carrot cake :P

So last night did LFR ToT (second half) with Riot, oh my god. Had some of the most obnoxious people from Illidan. One healer was acting all big and mighty because they were topping the healing charts when they outgeared everyone else O_o A shaman joined and smocked this guy and the shaman ended up getting kicked for some reason. On the bird boss I topped heals all 3 attempts :/

I WANT A COOKIE!
Edited by Veroicone on 4/27/2013 11:31 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Priest
I was Mastery=Crit> Haste.

I see this would be nice, but I definitely need mroe raw spirit. It was a fun experiment.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm haste > crit > mastery right now and I loveeeee it. I had mastery before but just found I was casting too slow and didn't like it :3 I was able to keep up with the other priest healer in my guild so that made me happy :p My other priest is mastery > haste > crit I think.

- Vero
90 Night Elf Priest
Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing! I'm just trying out different things really.

And don't you hate dumb LFR groups? =(
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes T_T

I kept telling Riot "if we wipe again I'm leaving" but stayed for all 3 lol. They kept kicking random people which was just stupid. I even made a comment about the LFR hero getting beaten.

I need to finish LFR too on my priest :(
I FINALLY downed Lei Shen on LFR today. I've wiped on him around 12 times between three groups over the past two or three weeks before we finally killed him.

...And of course, gold >.> Oh well. I never even got to do Iron Qon, and I've only done Twin Consorts once, because I keep getting thrown into 2/3 LFRs for the Pinnacle of Storms. Very annoying.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like cake
100 Pandaren Priest
Omg...carbon monoxide thing is malfunctioning and will not stop beeping. Problem is, it's on the other side of my basement apartment (in an actual basement) and I can't get to it because the landlord is in North Carolina and has no spare keys.

HALP!
Omg...carbon monoxide thing is malfunctioning and will not stop beeping. Problem is, it's on the other side of my basement apartment (in an actual basement) and I can't get to it because the landlord is in North Carolina and has no spare keys.

HALP!

Oh man, that sucks. Are you sure it's malfunctioning? Maybe there's actual carbon monoxide, you should probably get out of there.

Though you posted that an hour ago, so my reply is too late.
90 Night Elf Druid

HALP!

How long will they be gone :3?

PIPIIIII! I did bgs the other day on my frost mage, I even recorded the footage and put it on youtube as evidence rofl.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]