Cyara's Crumbly Carrot Cake: Healer OT

90 Gnome Priest
ain't nobody got time for that...except tiriel and mean guy mist apparently.

also, i want linguine nommm

I have like...3-4 pounds of linguine now. My family and I went to an italian place nearby for my birthday. They have...large portions.

I am going to be eating linguine for a while.
90 Night Elf Priest
Tortos...got him down to 1.2% and wiped. I had a lot of luck with Halo, surprisingly.
I didn't find this fight hard at all, in any way. I was surprised.

PEOPLE... stop dying to turtle shells. k thnx.

"But quake stunned me"

Yes, you and everyone else! Move yer butt!
Edited by Naérdriel on 4/29/2013 3:21 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I love Halo on that fight. Pop it and watch everyone's bars shoot to full and lolz full health in 2 secs.
Edited by Marathel on 4/29/2013 3:40 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
anymore than 12 is crazy imo. Prefer 9 myself though. Until they start mailing cookies i'll stick with 9.
90 Troll Shaman
I've been using Cascade for Tortos, but now that I think about it, maybe I'll try Halo tonight. Assuming we actually find a tank and down council in my priest's group.
100 Blood Elf Monk
I'm a college student with no social life. 25 hours is nothing. lol
90 Night Elf Priest
So, the reason I use it is highly dependent on my positioning and timing. I think this is KEY to it's usefulness, of course.

http://s21.postimg.org/kcxtqw247/tortos.png

Here is my extremely professional diagram ^

I'm purple (because why not!)

During quake, I make sure I'm in this spot or close too it. I pop AA first right before stomp, and as his legs come down (and the timer expires on DBM), I pop Halo.

If the Tank on Adds and dps are more towards the right, (with respect to the diagram), I go left to maximize. If the Tank on adds and dps are more towards the left, I go right to maximize distance. I also shield both tanks pre-impact. If people are low, I'll PoM on the tank right before impact (seems to time well with Call of Tortos-- first on Call of Tortos, then on Quake).

Our biggest issue last night was people dying to the rock fall and to the shells. They just ... can't move their butts. It was a bit irritating.

Edit: I finally have a solution to my guild issues. Level another priest! Heh. One for this guild, one for progression.
Edited by Naérdriel on 4/29/2013 4:53 AM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
Yeah, I've downed Tortos once on my Horde priest but we have to replace people like...every night. Just figured it never hurt to try a different talent.

Oh, and you honestly can never have enough priests. ;p
90 Night Elf Priest
I wasn't insinuating that you weren't capable, I just really found I had to be nearly right there for it to be worth the mana-cost to take Halo. If you can't maximize that range, it's just not worth it. I tried both on the fights, and found Halo was only good when I was really maximizing my distance.
90 Troll Priest
Yeah, sorry didn't mean for it to come out like that, lol. I mean, I might as well give it a try since I'm spirit heavily optimized for holy anyway. Just wanting to do what I can to carry possible new recruits. :D
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm definitely staying disc for Normal. I took the weakened soul glyph, movement for penance, and I bubble the living daylights out of people. I took mind bender to help with mana return on demand.

Holy is probably easier...
Edited by Naérdriel on 4/29/2013 5:18 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Priest
I hated holy on Tortos cuz turtles don't let me hymn and by the time lightspring 'procs' it's usually too late. One night we ran with two priests and she was also disc, so I tried holy but didn't like it. She was a crit heavy build, I stacked mastery, and I had divine insight so I could usually shield even if the tank was debuffed. It actually worked out pretty nicely regardless of people not wanting to be in spirit shell range.

(Can you tell I LOVE priests?)
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm working on this priest too, maybe a I'll do a troll, draenei, or dwarf next. I do quests and DPS 5-mans as holy, then heal as disc!
90 Night Elf Priest
I hated holy on Tortos cuz turtles don't let me hymn and by the time lightspring 'procs' it's usually too late. One night we ran with two priests and she was also disc, so I tried holy but didn't like it. She was a crit heavy build, I stacked mastery, and I had divine insight so I could usually shield even if the tank was debuffed. It actually worked out pretty nicely regardless of people not wanting to be in spirit shell range.

(Can you tell I LOVE priests?)

Mwahahahha! Nice hair, btw!

I don't think I used raid-wide SShell at all. It just wasn't worth it, not everyone was in range. I'd sshell the tanks and heals on CD if they were in range, but I didn't make it a huge priority. Thankfully I have Penance on 6 sec CD, so I was able to build stacks of grace "on the move"
50 Goblin Priest
Mwahahahha! Nice hair, btw!

Didn't realize how similar we looked honestly! I love nelves, especially as priests.

I don't think I used raid-wide SShell at all. It just wasn't worth it, not everyone was in range. I'd sshell the tanks and heals on CD if they were in range, but I didn't make it a huge priority. Thankfully I have Penance on 6 sec CD, so I was able to build stacks of grace "on the move"

I'm still training the guild I've been with since 4.3 how to be in PoH range, even if I no longer main a priest I yell at them.

Since I switched mains, instead I have to try and teach them: when they ask for a mastery buff and I'm like... "UH I'M A SHAMAN YOU HAVE MASTERY PASSIVELY, YOU ALREADY HAVE IT" Every. Single. Time.
37 Blood Elf Priest
I seriously had to put markers up and assign people for where people had to stand just so I could spirit shell people properly on empress, cuz they always blow up two at once.
31 Dwarf Priest
Apparently, I haven't logged on to this one in so long I don't even have a picture!
90 Night Elf Priest
I seriously had to put markers up and assign people for where people had to stand just so I could spirit shell people properly on empress, cuz they always blow up two at once.

I pug exclusively, so I can't train anyone to do anything. I adapt to them! (which isn't always ideal...)

The bolded reason is why i don't have an empress kill. I even explained to them how to stagger the explosions, at least 30 seconds for healing CD's. I mean, it's not rocket science.

I honestly don't know what I'd do if I ran with the same group for years. That idea is just... insane to me. I have two ToT groups now. One working on Council, and one working Tortos and beyond. They're staggered too. Council is m/w/th which gives me time to decline if we make it past well in time for my tortos group that is s/m/tues.

And I raid fri/sat/sunday early with my guild. We're in HoF now.
Edited by Naérdriel on 4/29/2013 5:36 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin

Study moar slacker.
90 Night Elf Priest
04/29/2013 05:35 AMPosted by Taelaus

Study moar slacker.

I worked F/T in college plus worked for the college on the side. I never had any time Mist.

I envy you. use your time wisely. For sitting around and gaming and netflix at least. In honor of those who can't! rofl
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]