Need a mage buddy also in Heroic ToT.

90 Human Mage
Hey all! I am currently 2/12H ToT playing as fire. My damage is lower than it should be and I can't seem to pinpoint why. I'm looking for another mage on a similar level or better who likes chit chatting about our class and boss fights, as none of my current friends understand what I'm talking about :( Post here or send me an ingame mail if you're interested, and I will give you my battletag. Hope to hear from someone soon!
Reply Quote
I'd love to help, but I don't play fire. :/ I've tried it but didn't like it, and get good results as frost.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Oh I am very interested! I'm 501 now to your 522 and, given issues with the Guild I'm in, have yet to do normals, being kind stuck to LFR. I like to think I know what my limitations are (age, eyesight, etc.) but somehow I don't think I'm doing as much damage as I should be.

I like to think that I run a reasonable rotation, I'm just not sure how I could run it that much better (other than obvious ones, like never going more than a half second before refreshing my bomb) to get from 50-70k dps to the 165k I'm being told I SHOULD be doing!

Yes I know that a similarly geared frost mage will outdo me, in almost every group encounter in the last month, I tend to only see frosties, once an arcane, never fire.

Unless you think 501 to 522 is too big a spread...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Hi there, 519 ilvl 1/13 here. Recently switched from frost to fire, would enjoy talking with a mage in a similar situation about the pros/cons of fire in different encounters. Feel free to PM me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
All three of you, leave me your battletags so I can add you! Also, I would love to talk to some frost or arcane mages. Not restricted to fire :)
Edited by Love on 4/27/2013 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Aethereal#1610 if you're interested, I've been playing around with both a lot, including re-gemming like mad for both. Although, y'know, not as progressed as you are

I'd love to help, but I don't play fire. :/ I've tried it but didn't like it, and get good results as frost.

Off-topic, but looks like you forgot an inscription for your shoulders!
Reply Quote
Off-topic, but looks like you forgot an inscription for your shoulders!

Yeah, just swapped to 4pc this week and our scribe wasn't on at the time. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Riverside#1173
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
My battletag is Hirorangrant#1520

Comparing our raidbots it looks like I do a bit better than you and i am quite a bit lesser geared. I was 512 until this past week and i didn't use any of the upgrades during raid. Still lacking any tier bonus. Maybe i can help some :D.
Reply Quote
My ilvl is 523 and I play arcane in our raids (2 heroics down, ji'kun and jin'rohk). I never made a battle tag and as much as i'd like to put my email on the forums for you to add me i don't think that's the best idea. If you want to look at our logs on world of logs you can find them under area 52 -> Vilified or a few of the old ones are under Laughing Skull -> Vilified (we recently transfered servers)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Just post some logs.
Reply Quote
Add me if you still need a fire buddy. Fortune#1765
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]