What are "monkey runs"?

90 Human Paladin
I haven't played in a while, so I guess I'm a bit out of the loop. So...title?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman

Taking a group into Stormstout Brewery to AoE grind monkey trash for XP from level 85 up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That sounds...boring as all hell.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The funny part is when people talk about it like it's the greatest thing. Any normal person would spend their time doing something else. Monkey runs are the xp equivalent to gold farming.
Reply Quote
04/29/2013 05:37 AMPosted by Ravenlore
The funny part is when people talk about it like it's the greatest thing. Any normal person would spend their time doing something else. Monkey runs are the xp equivalent to gold farming.

So because I like to level up super fast I'm not normal?

*crys*
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
People actually do this? I've never seen this advertised on my realm... The thought of doing it is kind of hilarious to me and I can't figure out why.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sounds boring indeed.
I'd stick to my slow questing but after leveling my 3rd character through Jade Forest.
This seems like a better option ><
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So because I like to level up super fast I'm not normal?

Is it that fast? I also think it sounds boring as hell. But if it's fast, I guess that's a redeming thing.
Reply Quote
72 Troll Death Knight
Is it really any faster than leveling normally?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Is it really any faster than leveling normally?

No
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I'm pretty sure this references a monkey that's eaten way too many bananas...Imodium anyone?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
04/29/2013 04:37 AMPosted by Wookiara

Taking a group into Stormstout Brewery to AoE grind monkey trash for XP from level 85 up.

actually, the original "monkey run" was taking a lowbie out by the Dooker Dome. Set him down in the middle (cliffs).. AOE right side.. then right lower.. repeat for left.. by the time you do Left Lower.. right upper has respawned. (meaning the TWO monkey areas in Kun Lai.. not JUST the Dooker Dome)

However.. it's MUCH faster to fly them around and kill rares, Zandalari's and pick up Easter Egg Items (One Man's Trash...).. plus the Zand rares drop rep tokens for the 90's helping out, and the Rares drop satchels for Motes/Herbs/ore, etc. but most rares in DW are around 400 - 750k XP (depending on level) Zand Rares are also around 700k+ and some Easter Egg items are 1m+ XP EACH
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Well if you drink too much prune juice you run faster than a monkey to the bathroom. Because you got the monkey runs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
just leveled my druid to 90, went from 85 - just under 89 in nothing but dungeons and i wanted to shoot myself in the face, I can only imagine how bad it would have been if I had only done monkey runs instead of entire dungeons
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'm not a dungeon grinder, and it is boring. It is also getting hotfixed in 5.3 :D

How are you able to read Blizzard's mind to find out what they'll be doing for hotfixes before the patch is even out?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
It sounds disgusting. I'd rather just quest, instead of telling someone I'm doing "monkey runs".
Reply Quote
73 Orc Shaman
I loved questing in Pandaria from 85 to 90 the first time. I'm absolutely HATING having to do it for the 3rd time. Worst thing is you only have 2 dungeons to run for a LONG time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]