DK: best defense against shadow priests?

85 Night Elf Death Knight
I just got my first hk ever by killing a shadowpriest who tried to kill me while doing Mt. Hyjal quests. (ED's pretty PvE it looks like. At least until lvl 80).

Course he killed me as well (he started it when I was doing quests in Mt. Hyjal).

DG, diseases and try to Obliterate/Death Siphon him.

Just in case he fixates on me (looks like we might be leveling at about the same speed), any tips for how a DK can fight a SP?

Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
ams

also ED is almost 0 pve... mostly pvp.vast majority is pvp
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
ams

also ED is almost 0 pve... mostly pvp.vast majority is pvp

Huh, I didn't see much pvp except an occasional Stormwind raid. Guess people ignored me while I was leveling.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Yeah ED is mostly pvp but you won't really see it at low levels aside from griefing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I just got my first hk ever by killing a shadowpriest who tried to kill me while doing Mt. Hyjal quests. (ED's pretty PvE it looks like. At least until lvl 80).

Course he killed me as well (he started it when I was doing quests in Mt. Hyjal).

DG, diseases and try to Obliterate/Death Siphon him.

Just in case he fixates on me (looks like we might be leveling at about the same speed), any tips for how a DK can fight a SP?

Thanks

AMS, lichborne, trinket, desecration(I know, lvl 90), DG to interrupt, Glyph of IT to dispel their shield, mindfreeze, and asphyxiate/strang, stay in blood presence unless you have a pretty good offensive upperhand even as frost. Also im not sure how Death siphon is <90 but at cap it's crap. I would recommend deathpact or conversion.

Shadow isn't too bad for DK's, Just have to stay on top of him, time your interrupts and do your best not to let him free cast.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Glyph of Icy Touch is helpful, we do fairly well against priests. WW monks on the other hand are driving me insane.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Drop AMZ for Lichborne and drop Death Siphon for either Death Pact or Conversion. Drop one of your Death Grip glyphs for Strangulate if you're not using Asphyxiate. Would probably take Unholy Blight instead of Rolling Blood as frost, though that's probably more of a preference thing.

AMS is a short cd so you should use it early. After diseases and right as you're about to close the gap is a good time. A lot of people joke about bad DKS who AMS first global when they're not in danger and then die right after it, but in a 1v1 this isn't likely to be the outcome.

If you use it immediately as you close the gap it's not uncommon to get people to waste CC cooldowns. Frost Nova is a good example, or more appropriately since you're talking about a priest, Psychic Scream (aka fear)

So you applied diseases with outbreak or unholy blight as you closed the gap and AMS'd. Pillar of Frost and Oblit/Frost strike. If your runes are all down and frost strike didn't refresh any via runic empowerment as AMS is about to fade, then Empower Rune weapon to get the strangulate off.

If they don't trinket the silence or dispersion, you should be so far ahead that they will never recover if you don't just outright kill them.

If they do trinket or dispersion, or your pressure is just garbage because your gear sucks or you're not good at pushing buttons or whatever they'll likely be going to try to fear soon, so be ready to lichborne it. Good priests will 'Shackle Undead' you when you lichborne, so a /cancelaura macro is good to have, but most average priests won't even attempt to.

Things to note - Raise ghoul is free damage. I see a ton of DKs who play death pact but never bother to summon it until they actually need the heal. While this is fine and dandy in Arena since you can't predict the future, it's not ideal in a 1v1 situation. Raise Ghoul has a 1minute duration. Most 1v1s at your level should not last that long, so summoning your ghoul very early for free damage, and later a burst heal when you need it (death pact) is not a bad thing to do.

Priest abilties worth noting:

Shadowfiend - This thing does a ton of damage, it will hit like a truck. Chains of Ice it and kite it to the best of your ability

Silence - Last 5seconds and they'll probably use it when they're bursting you (you can't use AMS during silence, this is probably a good thing to trinket if you were wearing one since you can Lichborne the fear)

Devouring Plague - This is their hardest hitting dot so if you see it go up and AMS is off cooldown you should probably use it. (If you don't know their dots by icon, it's the purple one)

and don't forget to interrupt (mind freeze) their casts! Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay, Flash heal, doesn't really matter. At end game it's probably better to wait for them to try to flash heal but at your level you should be fine interrupting their shadow school to just shut down their damage.

I could probably go on but this is turning into a bible, LOL. Good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
you don't stand a chance. when i was leveling my spriest i would obliterate any class who would dare step in my way.

except for prot pallies during their op eternal flame phase.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]