Mage DPS vs Hunter

90 Human Paladin
I know this is not a cut and dried answer I am asking for, but a friend and I are lvling together. He is a survival hunter and I am a frost mage currently. We are both lvl 78. He has pretty much crushed me in DPS for most of our lvling but since about lvl 70 I am slowly been gaining on him and now we are not to far off. I am wondering how we should be doing DPS wise. We both have full heirloom gear including weapons. With comparable lvled gear which one of us should be doing better on DPS from here on out? Also I am frost spec currently.
Edited by Quiktank on 4/30/2013 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Your question is baseless. The game, and more importantly damage tuning, doesn't really start till level 90 (at least from a PVE standpoint, which I assume is what you and your friend are doing).

At that point it all depends on gear assuming you and your friend are close in playing ability, skill and competence.
Reply Quote
Before 90 its a question of who has more Hierlooms or who gets drops randomly better. . . if you are leveling fairly fast you can end up with pieces that don't drop for 10 15 levels, hah.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
lol yeah that's our problem. We are lvling so fast I am still wearing some lvl 10 gear in places hehe.

And Grimsheeper I wasn't asking for a total breakdown nor was I asking about lvl 90 specifically. My point is that we are competitive and he has been kicking my butt til recently and I am HOPING that my mage with decent gear will be able KICK HIS !@#$ soon lol.

Oh and I notice he beats me with trash fights and other quick fights but when we actually hit a high lvl dungeon for us and the mobs take longer to kill then I tend to compete with him or even jump ahead.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
lol yeah that's our problem. We are lvling so fast I am still wearing some lvl 10 gear in places hehe.

And Grimsheeper I wasn't asking for a total breakdown nor was I asking about lvl 90 specifically. My point is that we are competitive and he has been kicking my butt til recently and I am HOPING that my mage with decent gear will be able KICK HIS !@#$ soon lol.

Oh and I notice he beats me with trash fights and other quick fights but when we actually hit a high lvl dungeon for us and the mobs take longer to kill then I tend to compete with him or even jump ahead.

80-90 you'll !@#$ on his dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]