You Silly Goose!

90 Pandaren Warrior
Hey Everybody,
What's the silliest thing that has happened to you in Azeroth? Something that was just down right silly that couldn't help but laugh at?

Mearl Jenkins
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Forgot to switch out of the fishing pole before engaging a rare mob. During the fight, I had plenty of time to ponder why my DPS was so low.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Charged off a cliff on my warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This isn't meant to start a debate, but honest to god, the hardest I've ever laughed in the game was at a response I got from a GM once. I reported a player for something that warranted a copy-paste auto-response, but I think the GM might have accidentally hit "copy all" or something.

First he thanked me for my report and assured me they were looking into it. Then I got instructions on how to spot scams. Then advice about internet security. Then instructions for a UI reload. And the list goes on. I swear, that man gave me instructions on all but how to raise the Titanic. For whatever reason, the whole thing just tickled my funny bone and about half way through reading his response I just started laughing so hard I cried.

I know he didn't mean to, but that guy totally made my day. : )
Edited by Hippeaux on 5/1/2013 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Undead Monk
When I leveled my troll rogue through Durotar, I got the quest where they told me to go up to Thunder Ridge and kill the goblin warlock that used to be there (the dead guy you rip the hand off of now). But, being new to the area, I had no idea where it was so I asked around. A passing LvL60 was like, "Yeah, I can take you to Thunder Ridge." and so off we went...

...aaaaall the way across Durotar, across the Barrens, up through Mulgore, and up to Thunder Bluff. I was there for a full ten minutes before I finally noticed the name was wrong. And I never found that stupid goblin until I took an orc shaman back through the area 'bout a month later.

Back then I thought it was an honest mistake, but looking back on it now years later I think that was also the first time I got trolled in WoW.
Edited by Malles on 5/1/2013 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
In the beginning of Wrath, I was halfway down Aldor Rise before I remembered that Divine Shield is a Paladin ability.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
While in Kharazan all by myself I had someone I have never seen before ask me if I could speak Mandarin, when I said no they told me I sound just like my mother.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Forgot to switch out of the fishing pole before engaging a rare mob. During the fight, I had plenty of time to ponder why my DPS was so low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkuIqdE4dRQ

:|

I wish I could Titan grip Fishing Poles.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I logged off on a friend's mount while he was in mid-air by Garrosh Hold in Org. Upon logging in, you guessed it...I fell straight down to my death. Some random pally ran by, stopped and rezzed me, and then took off. Never did get his name so if you're out there random pally guy - Thank you!! :)

Edit: typos
Edited by Adria on 5/1/2013 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I started playing day 1 Vanilla and it wasn't until the middle of BC that I realized I shouldn't vendor my ore, but sell it in AH XD!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
During Firelands progression when I was still playing my warrior, we engaged a boss with me oblivious to the fact that my shield was broken.

I suddenly notice that my character's shield is missing, and shield slam isn't going off. I look up and see a big red shield over my minimap.

We had an epic save though. I called for a Jeeves and repaired mid-fight. Fun times.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Was dueling with someone, did an aoe fear, lost, was at 1 hp.

Feared frog (or was it a bunny critter) runs back to me and one shots me.

I felt quite silly for a while.

Of course, this was years ago, not lvl 90.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
One day I was seriously frustrated with my cat because he kept jumping up on my computer desk , lying in front of the monitor. I guess I was frustrated at men too b/c for some reason I wrote on my Real ID broadcast: "I hate when men insist on lying in front of my computer monitor!"

I got so many whispers about "what are you talking about" and I was confused what they didn't understand about a cat jumping everywhere...until someone finally pointed out my funny typo lol
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Let's just say it took me awhile and a few deaths to get used to disengage after the change.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Day 1 of Vanilla - refused to train my skills (back when we had multiple ranks, had to learn new skills at trainer, etc.) until around level 14, because I thought they were limited and I didn't want to ruin my future build. Realized the difference between skills and talents pretty soon after that.

And that was as a paladin, so not only was I sucking at melee, but I was sucking at melee WITHOUT the hugely overpowered Seal of the Crusader, which got nerfed about a week later for being awesomely awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
We had an epic save though. I called for a Jeeves and repaired mid-fight. Fun times.
I could just see it. "Excuse me Mr. Boss? My shield appears to be broken. Just give me one second to summon up a Jeeves, and i'll fix it and get right back to you."
Reply Quote
<-- This mage alt has lower ilvl than equipped.

Felt like a silly goose (or donkey, actually) when I found out why but it took some major brain power and fresh eyes of this forum plus it even stumped Snowfox who's been playing longer than me!

Silly yet learned something new. So was a good goose day.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
<-- This mage alt has lower ilvl than equipped.

Felt like a silly goose (or donkey, actually) when I found out why but it took some major brain power and fresh eyes of this forum plus it even stumped Snowfox who's been playing longer than me!

Silly yet learned something new. So was a good goose day.

So, er....what's the reason for it? The Inscription staff, or something I'm missing?
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Death Knight
I was in the Eye of the Storm and i hadn't realized that a priest at put levitate on me, so i went to jump off of the rock and very very slowly drifted into the endless void
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
My first time in Stormwind I tried to get Jum-Jump back. It obviously was a quest, right?

Mean kids stealing a toy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]