Patch 5.3 Scenario Preview

Community Manager
Patch 5.3 introduces four new Scenarios and Heroic modes for six Scenarios including two previously released encounters. Whether you’re Horde or Alliance, you’ll be able to get in on the action with the use of the Dungeon Finder or by queuing (in the case of Heroics) with two of your friends.

Read on to learn more.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I'm a little afraid with Heroic Scenarios there may be talk at Blizz headquarters about phasing out 5-mans in favor of Scenarios in the future. I'm crossing my fingers that you're not considering it.

That said, I'm looking forward to doing these! I think scenarios offer up a whole set of awesome possibilities for doing new content in old places! A storming of Stormgarde! An attack on Booty Bay! Here's to hoping we'll see more scenarios in the next expac that don't all take place on the new zones. Sometimes random lore can be a good thing too. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Want more soloable scenarios. Those were a blast in Isle of Thunder.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
WTH!?

Two Horde storyline scenarios, one Alliance storyline scenario, and a scenario for both?

Seriously, Blizzard? Can you get any more obvious?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Sounds delicious.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Would rather have new 5 man dungeons, where tanks, heals, and dps actually have to work as a team. Looks like Bliz is pushing the easy button again.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Monk
Sounds delicious.

Must be that the majority of people are doing them. Surely they wouldn't create content that doesn't have a good track record.

I don't do them myself, but to each his own.

This. I enjoy doin' em on my 90's because they're a nice, quick and easy way to get valour and a bit of reputation as well. Plus, some of them are kind of enjoyable at the same time, at least for me from a lore perspective.
Edited by Oxhelm on 5/2/2013 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I can see both reasonings.

5mans, while better imo, take more time and introduce longer queue times for dps..

where as..

Scenarios, less engaging gernerally, take less time and introduce practicaly no queue times...

however..

If the heroic scenarios are like challenge mode type where you really cant mess up, I see only long queue times or you will only go with your guild/friends and thus defeat half the purpose of making a scenario in the first place given reason above about scenarios.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
WTH!?

Two Horde storyline scenarios, one Alliance storyline scenario, and a scenario for both?

Seriously, Blizzard? Can you get any more obvious?

If this makes you angry, I'd recommend quitting before 5.4. Your head might ACTUALLY explode, and that would be sad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I see only long queue times or you will only go with your guild/friends and thus defeat half the purpose of making a scenario in the first place given reason above about scenarios.

You can only do heroic scenarios as premades.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'm a little afraid with Heroic Scenarios there may be talk at Blizz headquarters about phasing out 5-mans in favor of Scenarios in the future.

~~
It's not 'talk', they're already doing it. They already said no new 5 mans for this expansion.
~~
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
05/02/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Soulbreeze
I'm a little afraid with Heroic Scenarios there may be talk at Blizz headquarters about phasing out 5-mans in favor of Scenarios in the future.

~~
It's not 'talk', they're already doing it. They already said no new 5 mans for this expansion.
~~

I meant for the next expansion and forward. I heard there aren't any new 5-mans for this expansion. That's what got me worried when I heard about heroic scenarios. In my mind mind that means they might think 5mans are an outdated model and scenarios are the better option.

I don't truly believe they will trash the 5-man model in the future, but it just feels like they have lost their place in WoW.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Suggestion:

Create Heroic Tier 2 five man dungeons like that of cataclysm end game 5 man dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I'm really tired of the scenario's. I don't mind them but would really like to see more 5 mans. The last 4 were pretty bad. The Alliance were pretty worthless. Really is there a way not to get the other factions scenarios?
The rewards are minimal. I'm playing for gear improvement and valor. Scenarios give pretty limited both. Instead of 4 scenarios, give us 2 heroic dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
If they do away with heroics, I won't be upset about it. If anyone can break the Trinity approach, it's blizzard!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Why is Blizzard pushing scenarios so much?

Think of the amount of dungeons they could have made in this time.

So stupid.

Would love an explination other than "it's less time consuming to make a scenario."

Scenarios are far quicker to create than dungeons. They don't just rely on specific class balance among other things. So, the time it would have taken to create a single new dungeon is much greater than most realize.
Edited by Nethaera on 5/2/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Why is Blizzard pushing scenarios so much?

Think of the amount of dungeons they could have made in this time.

So stupid.

Would love an explination other than "it's less time consuming to make a scenario."
Because LFR fills the catch-up role that post-launch 5-mans were designed to fill.

Also if they add new 5-mans with new/better loot than the existing 5s, those will be the only ones anyone queues for anymore. Everyone running the same 9 dungeons for a year and a half is probably the lesser evil than running the same 2-3 dungeons for six months.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Aren't you guys worried that because all scenarios take place at end game, the replay value in the next xpac will be almost zero? with the normal/heroic dungeon setup, at least people can go thru those dungeons in normal mode while levelling. I'm just not sure what's going to happen to scenarios when they become obsolete. People will ding 90 and go hit the new content, not do old scenarios.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]