Patch 5.3 Scenario Preview

32 Pandaren Monk
Why is Blizzard pushing scenarios so much?

Think of the amount of dungeons they could have made in this time.

So stupid.

Would love an explination other than "it's less time consuming to make a scenario."

Scenarios are far quicker to create than dungeons. They don't just rely on specific class balance among other things. So, the time it would have taken to create a single new dungeon is much greater than most realize.

I'm sorry, but that is no excuse. They are different types of content, that cater to different types of players. (It's like if Blizzard decided to stop producing raids and instead decided to create a lot of new arenas, while stating that "they take less time to create".)

Dungeons have always been a favorite type of content for many, many players, since Vanilla. There is absolutely no incentive to keep running the 5.0 dungeons, though. I don't have any motivation to tank or heal at all anymore, since it's either not compelling/required (Scenarios) or very boring/frustrating (LFR).
Reply Quote
32 Pandaren Monk
05/02/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Suzushiirou
Because LFR fills the catch-up role that post-launch 5-mans were designed to fill.

5 mans were not designed to fill a catch up role. For many players, they are one of the main types of content. Raiding is not something that everyone enjoys, or is willing to do, or is able to do. And LFR is very different from actual raiding. Personally, I can't stand LFR anymore, and was much more satisfied with running dungeons.
Edited by Leoros on 5/2/2013 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Scenarios are far quicker to create than dungeons.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather you guys took the time. I couldn't care less about scenarios, much less heroic versions of them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I do realize that it is hard to create brand new content and you guys have great ideas! But should blizzard start a creative idea forum chat? This would create idea that would help blizzard come up with models, dungeon set up and new patch ideas. Taking an idea from the public is one of the most important things in a creative game, it would draw in people to say "oh, this is what I was looking for". Of course blizzard does have the people for these ideas but, why not see what people have to say! cause why not? some fun content that wow public can relate to. sorry if this sounded rude.

Quote: "If math seems easy, you are probably doing it wrong"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

So stupid.

Would love an explination other than "it's less time consuming to make a scenario."

Scenarios are far quicker to create than dungeons. They don't just rely on specific class balance among other things. So, the time it would have taken to create a single new dungeon is much greater than most realize.

They don't replace each other.

Why is this so hard to understand.

Put out all the scenarios you want but they do not scratch the same itch as dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Question: It says Heroic Scenarios will provide Raid Finder quality loot. The number being bandied about for H Scenario loot is 516. Is 516 being considered for T16 LFR? It seems a bit low, and I say that as someone who doesn't raid LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Question: It says Heroic Scenarios will provide Raid Finder quality loot. The number being bandied about for H Scenario loot is 516. Is 516 being considered for T16 LFR? It seems a bit low, and I say that as someone who doesn't raid LFR.

Why does it matter for you personally?

I would like a more significant difference between raid, Valor and LFR gear. At the moment getting raid gear is very unrewarding.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

So stupid.

WOW, you told him.

If time were really a factor, you would not be designing new raid tiers, I bet they take longer than dungeons and scenarios put together.

The deal, I bet, is something more along the line of scenarios being the hot new thing this expac, after pet battles of course. Blizz likes them, they want you to like them, so they are only doing scenarios with updates, and after all they are just all dungeoned out.

SO

No dungeons for you!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
05/02/2013 04:41 PMPosted by Infectious

Why does it matter for you personally?

I would like a more significant difference between raid, Valor and LFR gear. At the moment getting raid gear is very unrewarding.

It doesn't matter to me personally. I don't raid LFR, as I said, but I am curious to know if they're thinking about going that low for t16 LFR. If they did go with 516, I wonder how that would change the situation for normal-mode guilds if at all.

I'm just wondering. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Patch 5.3 introduces four new Scenarios and Heroic modes for six Scenarios including two previously released encounters. Whether you’re Horde or Alliance, you’ll be able to get in on the action with the use of the Dungeon Finder or by queuing (in the case of Heroics) with two of your friends.

[url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9623680/"]Read on to learn more.[/url]

All these Heroic scenarios. But apparently 5-mans demand too much time and labour.

Hmph.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

Yet all the nay-sayers screamed blue murder when people suggested new 5 mans. THEY'LL OBSOLETE THE RAID CONTENT!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I do realize that it is hard to create brand new content and you guys have great ideas! But should blizzard start a creative idea forum chat? This would create idea that would help blizzard come up with models, dungeon set up and new patch ideas. Taking an idea from the public is one of the most important things in a creative game, it would draw in people to say "oh, this is what I was looking for". Of course blizzard does have the people for these ideas but, why not see what people have to say! cause why not? some fun content that wow public can relate to. sorry if this sounded rude.

Quote: "If math seems easy, you are probably doing it wrong"

Crowdsourcing this game wouldn't be a bad idea. In theory. Problem is that, while there are some very wonderful, talented, smart and critically thinking people who participate in the forums, the overwhelming majority do not come anywhere close to having even one or two of those adjectives apply to them. I hate to be like that... but it's the truth.

Which leaves Blizz with the task of sorting the wheat from the chaff in a content crowdsourcing forum. Might as well use that manpower to write the content themselves.
Edited by Rottingbull on 5/2/2013 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/02/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Nethaera
Whether you’re Horde or Alliance, you’ll be able to get in on the action

Yup.

So much fun doing Horde scenarios as an Alliance player, but hey we can't waste valuable dev time on some Alliance stuff.

Might have to cut some future expansions zones or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Would rather have new 5 man dungeons, where tanks, heals, and dps actually have to work as a team. Looks like Bliz is pushing the easy button again.

I think Scenarios are a waste of time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I love running Scenarios as a healer. It's really enjoyable and other players show me plenty of love...

Oh wait...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't run any Scenarios but I really enjoy being in the loop lore-wise...

Oh wait...
Reply Quote
moment they confirmed no new dungeons I canceled. LFR(etards) is a terrible form of catch up instead of sometimes running into bad groups in heroic dungeons I have to put up with bad groups every LFR. Don't get me started on Borenarios. I don't even do them for the easy rep why would I bother doing them as heroic.
Reply Quote
My friends and I will do a scenario once.. Then we hate them, never want to go back.

My friends and I will do a dungeons for fun. Time well spent.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

What class balance? 10man raiding destroyed that. Developers think balance is when everybody has everything. Should make just one class and everybody has 6 choices of talents from any class.
Reply Quote
Well, I can't do 5man MoP content. Boss fights lock up my video card and at that point I'm a carry, and probably a ghost. I like scenarios because it's one of the few things a cheap 3 year old computer can handle with the increased specs this game needs.

Naturally I don't say that's any reason to ditch the 5m model, and I'm frankly as annoyed and concerned about the lack of attention to 5m content after the initial launch, knowing tyhat a huge chunk of both the raiding and non-raiding players love it - myself included, if my hardware could keep up. Just saying - yay, more stuff for us saps with trash computers to do, other than the questing and farming and battlegrounds I do on various characters already.

On the other hand - they did introduce the troll duet and the end time trilogy, both of which had all sorts of interesting things, in terms of mechanics, story, and fantastic visual design elements (even if the troll ones were jut troll raid lite), clearly had loads of attention put into them - and you'd have thought they handed a 5-yearold a broken, poop-covered toy firetruck for all the bawling and tantrum-throwing. It's a good thing I don't run stuff at Blizz, I'd have told the so-called "customers" to cram it all where the sun don't shine and shut down the whole shebang by now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]