Patch 5.3 Scenario Preview

90 Goblin Shaman
05/07/2013 09:22 PMPosted by Dremin
Dungeons: WLK 16 - MOP 9Raids: WLK 9 - MOP 6

You didn't include world bosses, which are the same as Wotlk 1-room raids like RS, Ony, EoE, OS. So WlK 9 - MoP 9...9 we know of for sure. They could still add another world boss or two.

World bosses are not like RS, Ony, etc, World bosses are like Vault of Archavon, which i think he didnt included either. So no, your count fails.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
World bosses are not like RS, Ony, etc, World bosses are like Vault of Archavon, which i think he didnt included either. So no, your count fails.

He included Vault. Wotlk raids = 1 Naxx, 2 Ulduar, 3 ICC, 4 ToC, 5 EoE, 6 OS, 7 Ony, 8 Vault, 9 RS.

And please, explain to me how a fight like Oondasta, where you fly to Isle of Giants, clear some trash with 40 players (multiple grps of 40 when he was introduced), then kill him for a chance at only raid gear shouldn't count as a raid? Do you not form a raid of 30-40 people to kill world bosses in 4 separate locations, sometimes clearing trash before the pull?

They are neglecting dungeons, this is the expansion with less dungeons EVER in WoW, and they said they were going to produce MORE content, not less.

They have. You still don't seem to understand that pet battles and Brawler's Guild, etc. count as content...Sorry, it's not what you want, but it's still content.

And no, scenarios are NOT mini dungeons, scenarios are crappy content made for DPS only.

I see heals and tanks in scenarios all the time. In fact, scenarios go a lot faster with a tank, and not having to worry about self-healing when a healer is there makes them easier.

Again, they're content, too. In your own words. Sorry, it's not what you want. I appreciate them for their stories and look forward to the heroic versions.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
05/08/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Dremin

He included Vault. Wotlk raids = 1 Naxx, 2 Ulduar, 3 ICC, 4 ToC, 5 EoE, 6 OS, 7 Ony, 8 Vault, 9 RS.

And please, explain to me how a fight like Oondasta, where you fly to Isle of Giants, clear some trash with 40 players (multiple grps of 40 when he was introduced), then kill him for a chance at only raid gear shouldn't count as a raid? Do you not form a raid of 30-40 people to kill world bosses in 4 separate locations, sometimes clearing trash before the pull?

Never said world bossses should count. Anyway, fair enough, we are getting the same amount of raids but one less raid tier.

They are neglecting dungeons, this is the expansion with less dungeons EVER in WoW, and they said they were going to produce MORE content, not less.

They have. You still don't seem to understand that pet battles and Brawler's Guild, etc. count as content...Sorry, it's not what you want, but it's still content.

They are making less dungeon content, its content but aimed for a different target. They told us, who were running dungeons, that we would get more content, and then made content for different targets. They made less dungeon content.

And no, scenarios are NOT mini dungeons, scenarios are crappy content made for DPS only.

I see heals and tanks in scenarios all the time. In fact, scenarios go a lot faster with a tank, and not having to worry about self-healing when a healer is there makes them easier.

Again, they're content, too. In your own words. Sorry, it's not what you want. I appreciate them for their stories and look forward to the heroic versions.

Again, never said they werent content. Having a healer or a tank in a scvenario makes the scenario go slower. Most scenarios dont let you pull more than the script sends you, and no, having a healer doesnt make things easier, killing thigns faster does. Classes self healing is more than enough.

If you cant distinguish the clear difference between scenarios and dungeons then it makes no sense to continue this discussion, because you are blind.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They are making less dungeon content, its content but aimed for a different target. They told us, who were running dungeons, that we would get more content, and then made content for different targets. They made less dungeon content.

I don't remember them specifically promising there'd be more dungeons in MoP than ever before...

Again, never said they werent content. Having a healer or a tank in a scvenario makes the scenario go slower. Most scenarios dont let you pull more than the script sends you, and no, having a healer doesnt make things easier, killing thigns faster does. Classes self healing is more than enough.If you cant distinguish the clear difference between scenarios and dungeons then it makes no sense to continue this discussion, because you are blind.

Can we have a discussion without insults? As a fan of scenarios, I'm genuinely interested in this topic because I don't want them to vanish in future xpacs.

If I bring my boomie, hunter, or mage to a scenario, I feel as if mobs die faster with a healer or tank present when I can be stationary freecasting or aoe'ing without having to scramble, heal myself/pet, or use defensive cds. If all 3 members have a low ilvl and are there to gear up though instead of just to grab valor, then it's definitely faster with 3 dps. Or if it's something like A Little Patience, tank and heals aren't going to help much either--I'm not really of fan of that scenario. A scenario like Theramore's Fall or Arena of Annihilation a tank is especially great to have. You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd say a tank is way better than a healer in a scenario (tanks can control mobs while shelling out dmg, too), and I see your point that that's one of the major problems.

But, I think heroic scenarios might change that. I haven't experienced them firsthand but what I've read about them from people in PTR sounds interesting. Scenarios are a new feature, not without flaws yet something I prefer over dungeons, and I think there's a lot of potential for them.

As I said before, Blizz should definitely consider more dungeons at the start of the next xpac than we saw in MoP, especially normal ones to level in. I'm up in the air about adding them in patches though as catch-up dungeons; it really does negate the progression, in my opinion, but if it's the last patch of the expansion like ICC or Sunwell, I don't think it's as much of a problem. I mean ZA/ZG and ToC are prime examples of dungeons that made raids prior to their release obsolete, and it really made me disgruntled that my guildies at the time preferred to run them in place of the raids, because they were faster loot piñatas that also had better stats on gear.

Out of curiosity, what is a sufficient number of dungeons for you in an xpac? If MoP had 12 at the start instead of 9 would you still feel they had been neglected? If there was 9 at the start but they added 1 or 2 more in later patches would that have been sufficient? Or is it a case where there's no particular number and you like dungeons so much there's never enough?
Edited by Dremin on 5/8/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
dungeons are what got me interested in raiding, it would suck if they got phased out. I just dont like the argument that there is "no time" to make them. in wrath, we got 3 good dungeons along with ICC. and 3 good ones with DS (even though the raid itself wasnt great).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
a LOT of us do scenarios simply because they give us valor and no matter how much they suck are one of the best ways to get that all important valor. We do them even though they SUCK MAJORLY!!! 5 mans are SOOO much more fun the sad part is all blizz has to do is add levelling to ALL of the old dungeons & I know I at least would be satisfied. Do not change anything just tune them for 90's I wouldn't even care if they only dropped blues it would just be fun content to play. Scenarios are NOT fun every time I go into a scenario it is "you go here, you there & I will go here so we can kill the mobs and be done" that's not fun at all. I am also one of the people who play odd hours I work live in home care so one day I could be on 4 hrs in the afternoon the next at 2 am, so getting a group of friends together to run heroic scenarios is almost impossible for me. People used to be able to pug runs that required coordination and yes even the dreaded CC, Blizz needs to stop listening to all the whiners who complain the game is to hard and FORCE us to learn some skill again
Edited by Quandery on 5/8/2013 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

I don't remember them specifically promising there'd be more dungeons in MoP than ever before...

We were running dungeons. Dungeons and raids were our content. They told us were going to get more content.

Can we have a discussion without insults? As a fan of scenarios, I'm genuinely interested in this topic because I don't want them to vanish in future xpacs.

Never insulted you, so i dont know what you are talking about. I have no problem with expansions having scenarios, i do have a problem with dungeons being not made so that scenarios are made (which is the case in MoP).

If I bring my boomie, hunter, or mage to a scenario, I feel as if mobs die faster with a healer or tank present when I can be stationary freecasting or aoe'ing without having to scramble, heal myself/pet, or use defensive cds. If all 3 members have a low ilvl and are there to gear up though instead of just to grab valor, then it's definitely faster with 3 dps. Or if it's something like A Little Patience, tank and heals aren't going to help much either--I'm not really of fan of that scenario. A scenario like Theramore's Fall or Arena of Annihilation a tank is especially great to have. You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd say a tank is way better than a healer in a scenario (tanks can control mobs while shelling out dmg, too), and I see your point that that's one of the major problems.

Are you joking? Why do you need a tank in Arena? A tank or a healer there would only slow you, the only things that hit for something there are avoidable aoe spells that are not targeted to the person holding the aggro.

Also, if you have 3 geared DPS, and all of them use the aoe, things die instantly, which means you dont need to use any defensive skills anyway and go faster than with a healer or tank.

If you have 3 non geared people, as you said its also best with 3 DPS. Its ALWAYS better with 3 DPS.

Its not a problem, its how scenarios work. Its fine for scenarios, but what you dont seem to understand is that SCENARIOS ARE NOT DUNGEONS. Neither they should be.

But, I think heroic scenarios might change that. I haven't experienced them firsthand but what I've read about them from people in PTR sounds interesting. Scenarios are a new feature, not without flaws yet something I prefer over dungeons, and I think there's a lot of potential for them.

Heroic scenarios favor DPS even more. There is no way you can accomplish the bonus objectives with any comp that doesnt consist of 3 DPS.
Scenarios can have potential, but the potential they have DOESNT INCLUDE their ability to replace dungeons. Scenarios CANT replace dungeons.

As I said before, Blizz should definitely consider more dungeons at the start of the next xpac than we saw in MoP, especially normal ones to level in. I'm up in the air about adding them in patches though as catch-up dungeons; it really does negate the progression, in my opinion, but if it's the last patch of the expansion like ICC or Sunwell, I don't think it's as much of a problem. I mean ZA/ZG and ToC are prime examples of dungeons that made raids prior to their release obsolete, and it really made me disgruntled that my guildies at the time preferred to run them in place of the raids, because they were faster loot piñatas that also had better stats on gear.

Catch up dungeons are neccesary, again, Wrath had a lot of them and was a HUGE success. Old content beind made obsolete should NEVER be a consideration, its OLD CONTENT, it SHOULD become obsolete.

ZA/Zg problem was that they were badly tuned and that they were the only content of the patch, not that they made previous content obsolete.

Out of curiosity, what is a sufficient number of dungeons for you in an xpac? If MoP had 12 at the start instead of 9 would you still feel they had been neglected? If there was 9 at the start but they added 1 or 2 more in later patches would that have been sufficient? Or is it a case where there's no particular number and you like dungeons so much there's never enough?

The solution is not to include more dungeons at the start, they need to launch dungeons between patches. If 5.1 is a daily/scenarios patch, then 5.2 NEED to bring dungeons. They need to provide balance.

Wrath rate of dungeon production was the perfect one (more are always welcome, but Wrath rate was enough).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We were running dungeons. Dungeons and raids were our content. They told us were going to get more content.

You assumed more content meant more of the same. Clearly, that's not what they meant.

Are you joking? Why do you need a tank in Arena? A tank or a healer there would only slow you, the only things that hit for something there are avoidable aoe spells that are not targeted to the person holding the aggro.

I never said, "need." A tank is just as good as a dps in scenarios like that. They're even more helpful in scenarios like Theramore's Fall where they can round up huge groups into one place for aoe, instead of having mobs run all over the place.

Scenarios can have potential, but the potential they have DOESNT INCLUDE their ability to replace dungeons. Scenarios CANT replace dungeons.

I never said they would replace dungeons. I never said they should replace dungeons. Blizzard has never said they would or should replace dungeons. They did, however, say dungeons would be back in the next xpac.

Catch up dungeons are neccesary, again, Wrath had a lot of them and was a HUGE success. Old content beind made obsolete should NEVER be a consideration, its OLD CONTENT, it SHOULD become obsolete.

The solution is not to include more dungeons at the start, they need to launch dungeons between patches. If 5.1 is a daily/scenarios patch, then 5.2 NEED to bring dungeons. They need to provide balance.

I don't see a correlation between Wrath's success and catch-up dungeons. If anything, I thought subs dipped or leveled out with the ToC patch, then didn't rise again until after the announcement of Cataclysm.

Necessary is a strong word. PVPers, pet battlers, and solo players probably would disagree that they're necessary. BC had just 1 dungeon added to it at the very end, but there were a lot of them at the start. I can't recall off the top of my head, but if I'm remembering right, magisters' terrace didn't speed progression and was no different than any other dungeon in BC in terms of its loot. Otherwise, BC patches were all raids or dailies.
Edited by Dremin on 5/8/2013 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
32 Pandaren Monk
Dremin, I am sorry, but you are starting to come off as a Blizzard apologist. To say that gearing nowadays is easier than it has ever been is absolutely crazy talk. As a huge altoholic who's had nearly every class near or at max level for three consecutive expansions, I can definitely attest to that.

I understand your appreciation for Scenarios and your will to defend them. I, too, see their positives. I think they are a great storytelling tool, and they can also be used as a Proving Grounds kind of feature, to teach players how to perform their roles in other types of content.

But in their current state, they simply don't work as compelling small-scale PvE content in the way that dungeons did. Healing and tanking in Scenarios is irrelevant, and we even get flak for it sometimes. Scenarios, as they currently are, are all about DPS, present little to no challenge, and offer very little as reward for completion. And if you take out Scenarios and Dungeons ("until next expansion"), what does that leave us? The "absolute joy" that is LFR?

Unless this actually is the direction that Blizzard wants to take their game in: a game where the majority of players level as DPS, reach max level as DPS, and then only queue as DPS for content that is not challenging and always arranged by automatic matchmaking, with little rewards, slow progression, and tedious maintenance (as in, having to repeatedly engage in dull activities for maximum rewards). In that case, I am positive that this is no longer the game for me.

I do not want to play a game where if you want to have a casual schedule, your only options for progression are Scenarios and LFR, and playing alts is discouraged. The WoW I have been playing since BC has always allowed me to try multiple classes and roles at max level, and to actually progress all of my characters, getting them geared and seeing their performance increase. And I did all of that mostly by running 5-mans, which have always been my favorite type of content (especially after I decided to stop raiding, due to time constraints and personal choice). I am honestly scared of the direction that WoW is taking, and I see them presenting "Heroic Scenarios" as a solution to the plight of those who want to engage in compelling, rewarding and progression-oriented small-scale PvE content -- which I am quite positive it won't be.
Edited by Leoros on 5/8/2013 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Dremin, I am sorry, but you are starting to come off as a Blizzard apologist. To say that gearing nowadays is easier than it has ever been is absolutely crazy talk. As a huge altoholic who's had nearly every class near or at max level for three consecutive expansions, I can definitely attest to that.

You can call me whatever you want, but in no other expansion was I able to put in minimal effort on an alt and near the ilvl/gs of my main. I haven't done a normal raid or finished ToT LFR on my mage, and he's 495 ilvl. Never done a daily on my hunter and haven't finished ToT LFR on him, and he's 492 ilvl. My shaman is 479 ilvl, hardly used, no dailies, no world bosses. Rarely ever cap valor (maybe 3 times this xpac total) even on my main. My new lvl 90 lock is 464; priest is 462--barely play them. Part of how I geared them so fast is receiving epics in scenarios. I have every class, too; though I admit to deleting my extra mage and druid this xpac...wish I hadn't now that xp is going to be lowered.

In order to do anything close to that in Cata, I would have to cap valor every week for weeks on end. Mostly, if not all, dungeons. That's not repeating dull activities for maximum reward?

In order to do that in Wotlk, I'd be grinding dungeons till I wanted to puke. Probably would have to throw in 10m n 25m pugs every week on top of dailies for dungeons and weeklies for raids. That's not repeating dull activities for maximum reward?

In order to do that in BC...well, in BC it just wouldn't happen. I had a hard enough time gearing my main back then. Whole lot of dungeons, too. That's not repeating dull activities for maximum reward?

Can't comment on Vanilla; I didn't play then.

Honestly, the thing that baffles me is that anyone thinks dungeons are challenging. If you think they're hard or intriguing, and this is coming from a player that's not a heroic raider, you probably should look for a different game and something more challenging. Cata heroics were supposedly hard...I never really saw that. BC, it's debatable and I think they were, but back then you went with your guild most of the time. Wotlk dungeons were a joke start to finish--no different than now. You really think healers or tanks work hard in MoP heroics? And when they tried to go back to CC and "hard" heroics in Cata, how did that turn out--exodus.

And how is q'ing for lfr, time-wise, any different than spamming trade for heroics in BC, most of Wotlk? I mean, you complain about scenarios and lfr being the only way to gear yet forget back in the day dungeons were the only way to gear other than raiding...and to raid you had to do dungeons and to do dungeons you went with your guild or spammed trade.

Dungeons aren't going away--it's that simple. Blizz messed up this xpac on that front, in terms of numbers of dungeons, but you're seriously worried there aren't going to be more in future xpacs? Not possible; they're a cornerstone of this MMO. As much as I don't like them, probably as much as you don't like scenarios, I accept them as part of the game.
Edited by Dremin on 5/8/2013 8:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I do not want to play a game where if you want to have a casual schedule, your only options for progression are Scenarios and LFR, and playing alts is discouraged. The WoW I have been playing since BC has always allowed me to try multiple classes and roles at max level, and to actually progress all of my characters, getting them geared and seeing their performance increase. And I did all of that mostly by running 5-mans, which have always been my favorite type of content (especially after I decided to stop raiding, due to time constraints and personal choice). I am honestly scared of the direction that WoW is taking, and I see them presenting "Heroic Scenarios" as a solution to the plight of those who want to engage in compelling, rewarding and progression-oriented small-scale PvE content -- which I am quite positive it won't be.

This. If I didn't do normal/heroic raids right now, I don't think I'd be playing at the moment. I enjoy leveling and gearing up alts in addition to raiding on my main, but LFR has completely killed my interest in playing the majority of my alts. It's far too boring and tedious to warrant the time invested. I much prefer the WotLK and Cata days of just doing dungeons on them.
Reply Quote
32 Pandaren Monk
05/08/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Dremin
In order to do anything close to that in Cata, I would have to cap valor every week for weeks on end. Mostly, if not all, dungeons. That's not repeating dull activities for maximum reward?

You had to do seven dungeons a week to cap valor in Cata, and you could do them all in one sitting. And that is without including LFR, which I usually did on my main. I used to cap Valor on 2-3 characters every single week. That is far less effort than what we have now, and with no daily or charm farming requirements.

Honestly, the thing that baffles me is that anyone thinks dungeons are challenging. If you think they're hard or intriguing, and this is coming from a player that's not a heroic raider, you probably should look for a different game and something more challenging. Cata heroics were supposedly hard...I never really saw that. BC, it's debatable and I think they were, but back then you went with your guild most of the time. Wotlk dungeons were a joke start to finish--no different than now. You really think healers or tanks work hard in MoP heroics? And when they tried to go back to CC and "hard" heroics in Cata, how did that turn out--exodus.

Heroic Shadow Labyrinth. Heroic Halls of Reflection. Heroic Grim Batol. If you don't think those were hard, you were probably always blessed with great teammates. The majority of us didn't have that privilege, unfortunately.

And how is q'ing for lfr, time-wise, any different than spamming trade for heroics in BC, most of Wotlk? I mean, you complain about scenarios and lfr being the only way to gear yet forget back in the day dungeons were the only way to gear other than raiding...and to raid you had to do dungeons and to do dungeons you went with your guild or spammed trade.

But my argument, in this whole thread, has been that I was absolutely fine with running dungeons to get gear (as many others were). Dungeons can be pretty grindy if they are all you do, but that has usually not been the case. They were a type of content that we have always enjoyed running; a model that has worked since Vanilla, through BC, Wrath and Cata. This is the first expansion where this is not an option.

LFR has its fun moments, but it is usually a terrible experience. 5 anonymous players together with no fear of consequences can lead to trouble at times, but it mostly works out. 25 anonymous players together with no fear of consequences is a whole different matter. Many of us can't stand LFR, or don't want to have to run just LFR. We want to be able to run dungeons to progress again.

Dungeons aren't going away--it's that simple. Blizz messed up this xpac on that front, in terms of numbers of dungeons, but you're seriously worried there aren't going to be more in future xpacs? Not possible; they're a cornerstone of this MMO. As much as I don't like them, probably as much as you don't like scenarios, I accept them as part of the game.

I hope you're right, but it doesn't change the fact that we don't have them now, and Blizzard has already stated that we aren't getting them until the next expansion. Instead, they are trying to push Heroic Scenarios onto us because they are "quicker to develop", as if that meant that they are equivalent enough to substitute; which they aren't.

My only glimmer of hope was reading a recent tweet by Ghostcrawler, where he admitted that the lack of dungeons in this expansion was a mistake. I can only speak for myself, but I will agree that it was; my sub was cancelled over it.

Questionable decisions were made in this expansion. Blizzard heard the complaints about Cata (that there was nothing to do but sit in SW/ORG and queue), but they pushed far too hard in the opposite direction, and ended up suffocating their playerbase with daily chores, while creating several artificial gates and grinds that prevented us from simply jumping into the game and having fun by running the content that we wanted to run.
Edited by Leoros on 5/8/2013 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
05/08/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Dremin
I never said, "need." A tank is just as good as a dps in scenarios like that. They're even more helpful in scenarios like Theramore's Fall where they can round up huge groups into one place for aoe, instead of having mobs run all over the place.

Going to have to call shenanigans on this one. On my hunter, I've got a solo marks spec and a dungeon/raid marks spec. I run scenarios as the solo marks spec(lemme stress that; I use my solo spec in scenarios). This spec is glyphed and talented to be able to plow down common monsters out in the world with little to no danger to myself.

I've got glyph of Misdirect to allow me to hit my "auto-cast MD onto my pet" macro (so that I don't even have to drop the target) constantly, never generating threat myself. With that glyph/macro combined and my pet being Tenacity, it tanks. It tanks like a pro.

If it starts taking damage, I've got the glyph of mending. The pet WILL NOT die in a scenario. It will not.

How it keeps AoE threat with only growl and thunder stomp is simple; as Marks I get Bombardment which lowers my multi-shot focus cost by 20 on proc, and I take Thrill of the Hunt which reduces it yet another 20 focus on proc. This makes Multi-Shot free and spamming it like that keeps everything on my pet.

I promise you I kill much much faster then a tank(usually at least) does.

End result is, my pet performs just as good as a tank, but with a lot more damage slapped onto it.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
Why is Blizzard pushing scenarios so much?

Think of the amount of dungeons they could have made in this time.

So stupid.

Would love an explination other than "it's less time consuming to make a scenario."

Scenarios are far quicker to create than dungeons. They don't just rely on specific class balance among other things. So, the time it would have taken to create a single new dungeon is much greater than most realize.
So basically what you are saying is your takeing the easy way out. I hate to say it to the devlopers bt you are have basiacally ticked of those who pve and pvp in this upcoming patch. Not that I really care about the Pve side at all but seneraios get boring quicker then dungeons. Very little to look forward to in this next patch. I am actually dreading it
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Priest
zZq
The day they stop putting out dungeons is the day I stop playing wow for good. Yes that means longer que times for dps as I play a lot of tanking and healing classes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
OK, STOP with the scenarios, heroic scenarios, whatever. ADD some dungeons already!

Scenarios are ridiculous. I don't care what you do to them - your scenarios are bad.

The only scenario that isn't totally horrible is the pit fitting scenario because at least it isn't totally silly. Well of course it's trivially easy but it doesn't force me to escort monkey brew nonsense.

And now heroic scenarios that discriminate against tanks and healers - great. Super. Just the way to make the game even more watered-down?
Reply Quote
Scenarios are also boring as hell. They're facerolls. The only reason people do them is because if you don't, you're missing out on 40% of your queue rep and a big chunk of valor for the day. Yes they're quick and they give rewards that are hard to pass up for the time involved, but just because people are doing them doesn't mean they're being enjoyed.

Heroic Scenarios? Ugh. Sure, they're more difficult, but they're still piddly bite-sized 3 man stuff. Just give us more H 5mans.

I'd take three 5mans over ten scenarios any day of the week.

It's not as if "everything that's new is bad", and I love lots about MoP, but scenarios are just watered down content that suck after you've done them once. I like the idea that they have more unique mechanics and stuff, but I've yet to see a scenario that equaled a good dungeon in terms of entertainment and interest.

Quality > Quantity, Blizzard.

I'll try out H scenarios but the material I've seen about them does not impress me as something that I'd want to do. And yet if this is going to become part of near-required progression or token-acquiring, I guess I'm going to feel like I "have" to, just like with Scenarios as they are now. Just because people do them doesn't mean they like them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I only do them for that +200 rep every week. Honestly, if i had a choice i'd banish them to the depths of abyss forever and ever. I get through them as quick as i possibly can, so i won't have to do one again for another week. Can't stand them.
Reply Quote
I only do them for that +200 rep every week. Honestly, if i had a choice i'd banish them to the depths of abyss forever and ever. I get through them as quick as i possibly can, so i won't have to do one again for another week. Can't stand them.

Hate to break it to you but they're dailies for rep not weekly.

Solo scenarios like Isle of Thunder were ok but using 3 man ones as a method of catch-up is an insult to the playerbase after telling us 5 mans wouldn't be used in that way. Not to mention the ilvl requirement on a pre-made group is absurd.
There once was a time we could enter group content undergeared and get our butt kicked if we so choose. ilvs on heroic scenarios is just another method of gating, it's gotten really tiresome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]