Patch 5.3 Scenario Preview

90 Pandaren Hunter
Patch 5.3 introduces four new Scenarios and Heroic modes for six Scenarios including two previously released encounters. Whether you’re Horde or Alliance, you’ll be able to get in on the action with the use of the Dungeon Finder or by queuing (in the case of Heroics) with two of your friends.

[url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9623680/"]Read on to learn more.[/url]

I love Scenarios and only run Scenarios i hate what 5-mans and 10-mans have become in this game but i am not sure heroics are the way to go it is what ruined 5-mans in the first place

as long as you do not forget about non heroics things will be fine but if you move to heroic Scenarios only then 1.3 million loss will become a lot more
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
Scenarios have NO replay value for me. None.
I will do it once to see the content and I have no desire to return to it. It is boring.
I cannot even bring myself to do that achieve for 100 on a saturday.

Dungeons have more replay value for me. It is not just the gear, but they are more interesting and depending on group comp... varied! People just find ways to run around all, yes all, the trash in various scenarios and we literally hit the bare minimum to pass the fake little checkpoints. I like the feel and flow of 5 man content better. It feels more challenging and finding fun groups willing to do achieves for Glory is wicked.

Scenario achieves are bland. It sounds like you have no intention of letting us queue for the "harder" ie what I would consider should be baseline, scenarios and again, even at a higher difficulty I still see NO replay value. It's like... doing the same quest over and over and.. OH SNAP dailies.
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
Posted by Dremin
And no one did the old raids once those new dungeons came out, so the tiers didn't matter. I remember people doing Wintergrasp just to get to the raid, not because they loved it, and they complained about vehicle combat all the while. If they loved it, people would still join it, but, as it happens, the raid is obsolete so no one has an interest. PVPers barely even go there.

You and I have very different memories from Wintergrasp, then. I had a blast with it, as did my guild, back then.

You didn't do a month of dailies to unlock the real dailies at the tournament? You didn't do Sons of Hodir for shoulder enchants, which required questing to unlock? You didn't do cooking and fishing dailies for raid food buffs? You didn't do Oracle or Frenzyheart, which required questing to unlock? You didn't grind a thousand dungeons to exalt reps or do Kalu'ak dailies? Wintergrasp weeklies? Daily dungeon quests? Weekly raid quests? If you played at its launch up until ToC, you probably did all those things and had less of a choice to gain your rep/currency than we do now. Rep gave epics. Grinding dungeons also led to epics. And if you played in Wotlk, you ground its badges (I think there were 3 or 4 currencies by the end, maybe more) in dungeons and raids without alternatives.

Sons of Hodir is the only one I will concede; we complained greatly about it back then.
However...

I also enjoyed Wintergrasp, as did many on our server. Our only complaint would be that horde were terribly outnumbered (anywhere from 4:1 to 20:1). The silly underdog buff they added did nothing to alleviate this disadvantage. Capping the number per faction made it more fair but still did not create the grand scale battles we hoped for. Oh sure, we had some full (several full) raids, even on both factions, and those were great! But horde became so discouraged always being outnumbered more and more stopped trying....

Sons of Hodir? I loved that quest chain. I liked the story and the immersion. I loved Storm Peaks. Maybe I dug in on Hodir after a nerf or something but I had a blast with the quests, did not mind the dailies, and mostly gathered frost chips and relics. I blew through them on all my toons very easily.

Frankly most of what was listed I feel was optional. I did argent tournament for vanity mounts. I did Kaluak for a penguin. I did oracles for a mount. I did wintergrasp quests because I was already in wintergrasp as often as it was up because I liked wintergrasp! I would rather grind 1000 dungeons for rep than have to login every day grinding dailies on every toon because of the artificial daily barrier. What next? Going to claim the fishing tournaments were somehow mandatory? I did those too, never did find a blacktip shark... RIP kaluak derby.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
05/12/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Varidy
What next? Going to claim the fishing tournaments were somehow mandatory?

No, I'm going to point out dailies are as optional now as they were in Wotlk by commenting on my hunter that's never done a daily in Pandaria yet could raid normal ToT if I wanted to.
Edited by Goatly on 5/13/2013 5:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
quick suggestion, why don't you let us into normal scenarios while we level from 85 to 90? that way we have more options to level with, you guys won't get ask for more 5 man dungeons, and we will actually use normal scnearios... because I almost never use normal scenarios, after i hit 90 all i care about is raiding and fastest way to gear is from LFR.
Reply Quote
79 Tauren Shaman
Why is Blizzard pushing scenarios so much?

Think of the amount of dungeons they could have made in this time.

So stupid.

Would love an explination other than "it's less time consuming to make a scenario."

Scenarios are far quicker to create than dungeons. They don't just rely on specific class balance among other things. So, the time it would have taken to create a single new dungeon is much greater than most realize.

What do you mean class balance last time I checked you need like 6classes for all the buffs now with all the homogenization.
Reply Quote
79 Tauren Shaman
Scenarios are a waste why cant we have challenging heroic dungeons that hit like a truck require cc and not aoe pulled.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why is Blizzard pushing scenarios so much?

Think of the amount of dungeons they could have made in this time.

So stupid.

Would love an explination other than "it's less time consuming to make a scenario."

Scenarios are far quicker to create than dungeons. They don't just rely on specific class balance among other things. So, the time it would have taken to create a single new dungeon is much greater than most realize.

Dungeons are great for LFG and that is the balance Blizzard should focus on. I know some guilds like scenarios, but they are terrible in my book. searching around for wood and food and pieces of puzzles then being led by the hand by some NPC is not my cup of tea.

I run 5 mans, as a tank with a healer on vent every morning and we have a ball. Sometimes other guidies join us as well. Nobody gets kicked and we all have a good time, including the strangers we hook up with.

When I heard 5 mans would be giving out epic gear in challenge mode I jumped for joy, but the scenarios are boring to tears.

It is because of the "not relying on specific class balance (DPS, TANK, HEALER) which make them boring. You can keep them for those who like to pick up an easy amount of VP and a fast queue. I can see how it works for people with little time to invest.

I love to run 5 man dungeons on vent and as a tank I get instant queue, as does everyone in my party. Even though I am way overgeared for them now, I still have fun in them and helping others gear up. Once the challenge mode offers epic gear I will be happy to jump into that and I think we will be up to it.

Unlike LFR, if we wipe, we just laugh and try to figure out what we could do better.

I think people get nore upset over wipes in LFR, because of the long queues.

I made a suggestion that LFR queue times be limited to peak times of the day. This would help consolidate the players and dramatically drop queue times. The people who have funny hours could have the option to be queued in different time zones (but not more than 1).

I made the suggestion of doing this to the dev team as a way to improve the game.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwgpSTGK5kU
Check out this sweet questin vid!!!!!!! WRATH FOR LIFE
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Scenarios are a waste why cant we have challenging heroic dungeons that hit like a truck require cc and not aoe pulled.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

They tried this in Cata and it failed, remember?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/18/2013 06:26 AMPosted by Dremin

Yet Cata looks like glory days compared to MoP. Cata had other problems like a year without content.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Hunter
Can't... summon... enthusiasm...
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Hunter
05/18/2013 06:26 AMPosted by Dremin

Did it? I thought the Cata dungeons were OK, although there weren't enough new ones and perhaps there was a tad too much trash in some. Of course there was QQ-ing over the difficulty of them, but that would have blown over eventually as people got their gear levels up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]