Warlock Green Fire Quest (SO NOT WORTH IT)

90 Orc Warlock
Blizz either please nerf this scenario or set an item level limit. Also the encounter is bugged as heck so that needs to be fixed as well. This is a prime example of another wonderful half-baked dev idea gone to crap.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
it's supposed to be (very) hard. No point in making 'special' green fire if everyone has it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Wasn't all that bad. I rather enjoyed the challenge.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I enjoy a challenge as much as the next person. I remember when Assassinate Creed caused me a world of pain and I was ready to smash my head in but I did eventually kill him. And I have enjoyed the fruits of my labor as far as that was concerned two amazing blades that would eventually become the fangs of the father.

And while I am myself currently working on the green fire quest myself a bit here a bit there. I will admit I am not the best warlock and my gear could definitely use some upgrading for the most part this entire scenario was very boring and tedious.

Sure the little Rp elements were interesting. I particularly enjoyed asking my demons about the tome. And having my imp pop out and talk me in to plundering the temple was great but overall..just boring and to make an already boring chore even more lengthy they tack on one of the most annoying enemies I have ever faced at the end. I have not yet managed to kill the final boss and honestly I probably won't be able to until I am far over geared to the quest or perhaps even next expansion.

So the way I see it. All warlocks will inevitably get the green fire at least those who have an interest in it. So whether blizz makes the encounter a little more forgiving for less skilled players such as myself or others. Or the players eventually overcome the difficulty through means of gear or the obvious level increase and far better gear that will come next expansion. It will happen.

Sure I would love to have my green fire now. But if I have to wait a while longer until my gear improves it won't kill me. So technically if we all can just take a breath and calm down. A scenario 'nerf' will happen. Perhaps not in the way you or I would personally like but through the passage of time where all other old content gets tossed.

After all there was a time when Molten Core used to have people kicking and screaming and now it can be soloed. So just give it time. Allow the players more skilled to enjoy themselves without starting a war over the forums and in time all locks who covet the all beautiful jade flame of warlocky goodness will be able to smash Kanrethad Ebonlocke just as I continue to enjoy thrashing poor old Ragnaros on a weekly basis on my paladin hoping he'll someday drop the eye of Sulfuras..
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Kind of a weird post for a server forum.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm happy to see another class cry hard about some class specific quest, after having done numerous vanilla hunter/priest class quests for people.

BATHE IN THE TEARS, FOR THEY ARE SALTY AND DELICIOUS.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
^lol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
sadly this isnt the hardest thing i have ever atemped in wow personaly i hope that thay scale it as you lv and gear keeping at as some ting hard to do
Edited by Daftjack on 6/13/2013 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Rogue
nice blog
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
sadly this isnt the hardest thing i have ever atemped in wow personaly i hope that thay scale it as you lv and gear keeping at as some ting hard to do

I also hope they do this. ^

It was a challenging quest but so worth it, the green fire is SO PURDY!

There are a lot of helpful strat videos out there if people need additional help. This quest really does push how well you know and play your class...but that's the point.
If they sold green fire at a trainer then everyone would have it. Kinda like the Dreadsteed -_-
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
As a Summoner in FFXI that got a lot of my avatars in solo level cap fights I am excited to test this fight against my elite skills I got from playing FFXI during the hardcore years.

I feel bad for you easy mode WoW players though, it must be tough being casuals.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I highly disagree. It's supposed to be a status thing. If you got the green fire, you know how to play your class. It was incredibly frustrating but in the end when I got it I felt really good about myself as a warlock. It was incredibly challenging but it's worth it in the end =D Especially now that my fire matches my transmog ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I did it with 484 ilvl and I hope they never nerf it. I spent 2k in repairs and a total of 14 hours in flask time. Suck it up and learn the fight, sometimes people can't be there to carry you. /endrant
Edited by Nelbell on 6/23/2013 6:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I did it with 484 ilvl and I hope they never nerf it. I spent 2k in repairs and a total of 14 hours in flask time. Suck it up and learn the fight, sometimes people can't be there to carry you. /endrant

For those of us that have jobs and a family (most of the united states) 14 hours is outrageous. First I want to point out that green fire should have been handed to locks from the get go as you all know fel fire is green lore wise and lock fire should have been such since vanilla wow. Having a end boss with such difficultly even geared is ridiculous. Bliz just need to fix their lore mistake and hand us the green fire sorry but it should have been that way since day one. Making us work like this to correct their mistake is just plain 100% BS!
Edited by Frostcrusade on 7/17/2013 11:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Stop bumping this !@#$.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]