Mr robot, should I trust it?

90 Human Paladin
I loaded my toon up on the site, and the changes it recomends are puzzling,
I would be below hit cap, and exp, loss of a few other bonuses as well. Should I go with what it says?

things i dont nesasary agrea with

sheild , tells me to use stam gem, loosing 60 str socket bonus
shoulders tells me to change a gem to parry+stam over exp+stam
back change gem to stam from mast+stam
change a gem on chest to stam from mast+stam
wrist change gem to mast+stam from mast
hands change ench to sha armor kit from mastery enchant

and reforges that would put me at
7.3 hit
14.83 exp

the build is suposed to be Hit > Exp > Mastery > Stamina > Haste but it dont seam to be the case.

any wize words fellow tanks??????? confised..
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Don't use the default stat weights. Input your own.

Although, to be honest, as a tank it's pretty simple. Tell it to force the hit/expertise caps, use the hit/expertise changes it tells you to (assuming they actually cap you; even with the forced caps option checked it can still totally fail to do so), and ignore everything else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ok, thanks i didint know you could do that,
after i did that, i opimized i loose .59 mast and .67 haste at the gain of 10300 health,
sounds like a good trade of hu?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
As I understand it, the robot caters more to DPS with their settings. Some DPS specs supposedly benefit from going below hit cap (though I don't know how well it works in practice, given how missing a crucial spell can mess with your planning), but it's a terrible idea for tanks who hit the caps not for DPS but for reliability.

You know what would be nice? A way to share custom settings in AMR. Then we can come up with some "forum-preferred" custom settings (really just Stamina = 1.3 and Force Hit/Exp Caps) and maybe everyone will be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Part of the reason behind it's logic is is considers strength to be nearly worthless to us and it really is, you want to hit/expertise cap so your HP generators are not missing (and yes robot will almost always put you a TINY fraction below it because .03 points under is less wasteful than .06 over) the build is all about holy power GENERATION so we have maximum uptime of the damage reduction shield from ShotR.

Plus don't forget about your passive ability Guarded by Light, each point of stamina is actually worth 1.25 so in the robots eyes 300stamina from a gem (240sta gem+passive bonus125%) is better than 60 str (which is correct).

Not sure how to explain the changes from a mastery enchant to the stamina stuff, You might want to change the stat WEIGHT of mastery to a little bit higher, if it only values mastery at like 2.6 and stamina at 2.5 then anytime you would gain more stamina it would think that's preferential over mastery on that piece of gear. Which leads to my next sentence.

YOU NEED TO SIM YOUR TOON with SimC to see what the ACTUAL values are with your specific character, it's possible that the value of mastery and stamina ARE INDEED that close in which case the robot would be correct.

Always run SimC first, then input ITS stat weights into AMR or whatever reforge/gem/chant tool you prefer to use.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Part of the reason behind it's logic is is considers strength to be nearly worthless to us and it really is

Not really. Not as valuable as haste or mastery, sure, but more valuable than parry or dodge, which themselves aren't worth nothing.

04/27/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Iylia
300stamina from a gem (240sta gem+passive bonus125%) is better than 60 str (which is correct).

Though this is probably true, simply because avoidance is worth very little while stamina is not. However the 60 strength isn't why you'd put a hybrid gem in a blue socket; it's because haste/mastery/expertise are worth more than stamina except under specific circumstances (e.g. bosses that hit very, very hard).

Not sure how to explain the changes from a mastery enchant to the stamina stuff

It's because AMR heavily overvalues stamina in its default settings. That's why you pretty much always have to modify the stat weights or ignore all of its non-accuracy suggestions.

(and yes robot will almost always put you a TINY fraction below it because .03 points under is less wasteful than .06 over

It's not always that accurate though. I've had it put me quite a bit under the expertise cap (around 7.2%, I think, as Ret) with the forced caps setting enabled. Sure, I ended up at around 7.68% when I went in and adjusted expertise's weight to 5 manually, but that's far more acceptable to me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Part of the reason behind it's logic is is considers strength to be nearly worthless to us and it really is

It really isn't though. Strength to parry conversion is something like .93parry for 1.0 strength. Plus the added DPS gain.

But yeah, the default settings are retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I apreciate the replys and will look into simc

thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]