@ Drow

90 Goblin Shaman
For the sake of all the guilds on this server, and members of which I know you've been trying to poach...

Leave our raiders the !@#$ alone.

You just came to this server, no one knows who you are and you have the audacity to try and steal our raiders? Real classy, guys.

Use the recruitment forums like everyone else and don't be a bunch of pussies.

Have some respect.
Edited by Zie on 4/27/2013 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I welcome you guys to Stormreaver and hope we can all enjoy the server together. I do think you guys should be a little more respectful about doing your recruitment. You are just like everyone else.
Edited by Grammaton on 4/28/2013 11:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I agree with Gram and I don't really mean to be a total !@#$% about it but it just really bothers me and other GM's that work hard to run our guild, just have people like you that come over here and try and ruin the good things we have going.

You should be more respectful. Good luck on Stormreaver but I'll say it again; leave our raiders alone.
Reply Quote
If it's any consolation, they did that to Doomhammer, as well. They pick and choose the best of every other guild, then hound them until they join up. Drow's somewhat of a plague. Though, I have met a very select group of really cool people.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, I think it's just funny the excuse I got was "it's how we have to operate that or pick from dead guilds". I think it's just disrespectful
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Well they apparently have no intention of stopping spamming peoples raiders, so be cautious.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I never understood why people get upset over poaching. I mean, I guess I get how you see it's disrespectful and it's frustrating to you.. but if your raiders are happy, you have nothing to worry about, right? This is no different than the real world. Companies have headhunters that do the same thing. It all boils down to whether or not your people are happy where they are.. and I can't say that I fault any guild for trying to recruit, even if it's from another guild.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
They are taking it to the extreme of spamming people on their alts for hours on end... seems desperate if you ask me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not sure I've ever heard of Drow being that uncouth- they don't generally send mails to people afaik.

Are you sure it's actually someone in Drow, or someone with the ability to do invites?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
When I log on to my character and see an in-game mail recruiting me to join <Drow> from the GM him(or her idk)self giving me realID and everything its pretty blatant.

Granted it was a automatic generated in-game via addon but still hearing they are recruiting from established guilds is a little uncool IE "Poaching" however you cut it that's what it boils down too.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
gotta agree with veiled. quit taking it so personally. people play to play their own way with whomever they choose.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
This is not me taking it personal, this is me giving other established progressing guilds a heads up that they're trying to steal members.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Edited by Johnish on 4/27/2013 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I'm the GM of Drow, Johnish is my recruitment officer. He does an excellent job at it and part of that is actively seeking out players who might be interested. He might send a single ingame mail giving details about our guild and contact info to a select few who meet our criteria to see if someone might be interested in raiding with us, but a simple no thank you or non-response ends that conversation. Nobody is getting hounded down or spammed by us as a general rule.

He doesn't "spam people from alts for hours on end," which would in fact be a violation of our guild code of conduct. If someone is doing that to you claiming to be from my guild I'd like to hear about it since they're either violating our rules or attempting to impersonate us. I can also say that I haven't sent out a single ingame mail on Stormreaver, nor have I given my RealID out to anyone who didn't ask me for it first, so I'd love to see who's trying to impersonate me.

I'll directly quote a portion of our guild code of conduct here,

"Drow is a professional raiding guild whose number one priority is PvE raiding.

I expect every member of my guild to act with honor and integrity. I expect you to set a good example for the other players on our server and on our forums.

You are not to do anything that will embarrass the professional image of this guild and its members. Our actions as a guild will speak for us.

Stay out of trade banter and stay out of forum troll debates.

There is no grey area in the way I expect you to conduct yourselves. "

If you see someone with a <Drow> tag on Stormreaver violating those rules, you can feel free to contact me personally and I promise to look into it.

As far as actively recruiting the best talent we can find, I won't obfuscate or equivocate and just say that we do so, along with every other guild that has ever been a top 20 25-man in the world, but if your raiders are happy where they are right now then I highly doubt a single ingame mail is going to change their mind. Some raiders on this server have also actively sought us out already and we're not about to turn away talent who's actively interested in joining our team. It would be irresponsible of me as a GM to do so.

So far the response I've seen here personally has been very welcoming and we hope to be an active part of the Stormreaver community from here on, so I wanted to personally be the one to address this and let you know what's going on, how we operate, and what kind of raid team I lead. Thanks for reading and I'll see everyone around.
Edited by Cel on 4/27/2013 4:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://imgur.com/DEH8KgK
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I truly appreciate the comment, Cel. So thank you for acknowledging mine, and others' concern.

I personally do all the recruitment for Subtle Insanity and I know its a tough job at times, but I never try and recruit a member from a guild still progressing weekly. If someone from another guild approaches me about recruitment, then I proceed. Not the other way around... I don't know who exactly, but my raiders and other GMs have contacted me about being bothered by someone from Drow for recruitment. So I will find out who exactly has been doing the so called spamming and you can deal with it from there.

But again, thank you for the acknowledgement and best of luck.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
They raid 5-7 days a week on west coast times. I know at least 2 or 3 of my guys have been contacted. I'm not worried about it. I don't think we have anyone that can or wants to raid that much and that late.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Cel, thank you for stepping in and saying what needed said. So best of luck!
Edited by Grammaton on 4/27/2013 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Getting in game mail from guilds has been happening to lots of people I know and also to myself for some time now. Those that are interested will further look into it and those that aren't just delete it. I have rarely got a double mail from the same guild par maybe 2(?) guilds and getting the mail is a bi-quad weekly event for me it seems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]