Farthest a Solo Paladin has been?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I keep up with Mionelol in terms of Death Knights Soloing. They are the gods and there is no denying it. Some fights Hunters/Locks can pull ahead but in the end Death Knights pump the DPS and HPS in sync to be the best.

I was wondering. How far has a Paladin gotten? Ret or Prot. I was curious. I like my paladin he's fun. I would like to try and Solo things on him. I was wondering if there is a "Mionelol" of Paladins on youtube or such websites.

Much appreciated. Also personal solos you're proud of?
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
My ret Paladin has pretty bad gear, a lot of pvp epics and blues and I've solod stuff up to but not including ICC.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm definitely not the world's best solo paladin, but I was pretty proud of soloing Nalorakk (the bear boss) in ZA, since when you're alone he Surges you and then Brutal Strikes you for 480k. At a glance, it can look thoroughly impossible, so I was quite pleased when persistence and strategy paid off.

ICC10 is also soloable, as are parts of ICC25. I don't know the furthest anyone has gotten, but you can definitely at least make some headway into Cata (the rest of ZA was pretty easy, for example).
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Heroic Alysrazor
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
HLK25, Omnitron/Magmaw 10H, most of Firelands 10N, and first 3 in DS 10N are what I've managed.
All prot OFC (Except Alysrazor)
Edited by Halshar on 4/28/2013 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I solo a mage and a warlock. Not smart - but if they aren't geared, you have a shot.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
HLK25, Omnitron/Magmaw 10H, most of Firelands 10N, and first 3 in DS 10N are what I've managed.
All prot OFC (Except Alysrazor)

Do you use your ret or prot gear in prot spec? I want to start doing ICC 25H and work up to yogg-0 on this alt and my DK, not sure what gear to go for w/my paladin.
Edited by Saryia on 4/28/2013 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Do you use your ret or prot gear in prot spec? I want to start doing ICC 25H and work up to yogg-0 on this alt and my DK, not sure what gear to go for w/my paladin.

I use my main prot gear these days. I used to use ret gear for soloing back in 5.0/5.1 but my current gear already has so much haste that I just stick with my real prot gear + dps trinkets.

Stuff in ICC25H that is doable is:

Lady Deathwhisper (I think, planning to do this one next reset to verify)
Deathbringer Saurfang
Sindragosa (Post-enrage, use stacked vengeance to burn her down)
Council of Blood
Rotface (Post enrage again)
Putricide (Still progression for me but feels doable like Sindragosa)
Lich King

Everything else I swap to 10 man and blow up as ret.

As for ulduar, I honestly don't do ulduar solo as multiple people in my guild are trading alts to get legendary hammer fragments (including myself) so I never have a chance to solo it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I've been able to get stone guards 10 man down by myself but only on weeks with the purple add because if I don't have him I don't get enough vengeance to beat the enrage without standing in the pools
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
For Ulduar 10 [almost all hardmodes] as a ret is pretty simple to do, only problem I've had is getting past Thorim because if the ground adds aren't being killed down in the main hall a giant ball of lightning will come and kill you.
Vezax, simply kill him quick with all your burst.
As for Yogg, I haven't been able to do without 1 light on [Freya] since the random 9% sanity loss is too much by the end of it, at least for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm definitely not the world's best solo paladin, but I was pretty proud of soloing Nalorakk (the bear boss) in ZA, since when you're alone he Surges you and then Brutal Strikes you for 480k. At a glance, it can look thoroughly impossible, so I was quite pleased when persistence and strategy paid off.

ICC10 is also soloable, as are parts of ICC25. I don't know the furthest anyone has gotten, but you can definitely at least make some headway into Cata (the rest of ZA was pretty easy, for example).

On my pally I could never get past Saurfang in 10man, maybe I was missing something. last time I tried i was around maybe 490ish ilevel, in ret though. Is it easier in prot maybe?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I find that Saurfang is much easier if you use Sacred Shield. His Mark or whatever it's called lets him heal when he hits you, so the absorb prevents him from dealing damage and thus from healing, which stops the "I'm barely keeping up with his healing" problem. I haven't been able to get him on 25 though, only on 10.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I solod BT as Ret and felt quite proud. Also solod first Ulduar and Forge bosses while in blues but Mimi ownd me with his tantrum.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Went on a soloing binge the last couple days, got Lady Deathwhisper, Putricide 25H and Halfus/V&T 10H as new kills. Thinking of doing Firelands heroic next
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So far I have solo'd

-ICC 10 up to Saurfang(See if I could)
-ToC 10(Transmog runs)
-Hyjal(Transmog runs)
-Sarth 3D 10(See if I could)
-Sunwell up to Felmyst due to failing on gas(See if I could)
-Ulduar 10 with Hardmode XT save for Thorim, Vezax, Yogg and Algalon(Transmog runs)
-BT save for Council and Illidan but I was really undergeared at the time(See if I could)

I should probably go back to some of these places I haven't finished/poked around and failed in now that i'm at a 502 ilvl. I was doing most of this stuff at about a 470-480 something ilvl until I just started farming places for Transmog gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Went on a soloing binge the last couple days, got Lady Deathwhisper, Putricide 25H and Halfus/V&T 10H as new kills. Thinking of doing Firelands heroic next

Any advice for Putricide? I can't even get him on 25 normal, I tend to die before he runs out of health in the last phase...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Putricide I basically brute forced with 526 gear. Ignored all adds, specced pure single target with ES/Focused Shield/Focused Wrath glyphs, and did a straight burn on the boss. He hits pretty hard in the last phase due to the stacking debuff and the berserk is strong enough to kill you, so it's a legitimate DPS race. I wound up killing him by bubbling when he enraged and DPSing through the last 1 mil hp while bubbled. Very close kill, wouldn't reccomend trying without some heroic ToT gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]