Pets

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Greetings all,

I thoroughly enjoy the concept of highly mobile ranged DPS. I'm looking to level and main a class that fits this playstyle. It appears that both warlocks and hunters fit this bill. However, I have never played a pet class before.

Are pets required to be micromanaged? If so, is it to the extent that it will become irritating? Will pet control eventually become second nature?

I appreciate any feedback on your experience with pets in a PvE environment, positive or negative.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
1. If you want to be good then yes.
2. For some yes, others no. It's subjective.
3. yup

For Hunter's it's a heck of a lot easier now than it was seven years ago.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Go with a Lock right about now honestly, Hunter pet UI is bugged to !@#$ and I cannot do anything without making sure my pet is properly set up first, and even then, I spend more fights keeping my pet alive, and using misdirection to keep mobs off of me. It's becoming more of a chore than anything else. I have my 85 Lock, and its great, hands down. I enjoy not having to really worry about the pet, seeing as I normally take things down before they can even get to me. That being said, pets for Locks are essentially a walking DoT, not much of a active component of a Lock rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Go with a Lock right about now honestly, Hunter pet UI is bugged to !@#$ and I cannot do anything without making sure my pet is properly set up first, and even then, I spend more fights keeping my pet alive, and using misdirection to keep mobs off of me. It's becoming more of a chore than anything else. I have my 85 Lock, and its great, hands down. I enjoy not having to really worry about the pet, seeing as I normally take things down before they can even get to me. That being said, pets for Locks are essentially a walking DoT, not much of a active component of a Lock rotation.

This is exactly the feedback I was looking for. I suppose I was worried more about the AI, as you had mentioned.

I've done my fair share of babysitting things besides myself while healing, not really looking forward to doing that as a damage dealer.

Thank you both for your responses.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Keep in mind that warlocks aren't very mobile until level 90 when you can get the Kil'jaeden's cunning talent.

Hunters, on the other hand, can move while attacking from level 1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]