BM needs a complete overhaul next expansion.

The idea of mongo damage coming from the pet is silly. Most people who want pets don't want a glorified dot, they want interesting interactions and mechanics that make the pet / master combination a team and not master + glorified dot that likes to disappear or lick light sockets.

The pet should be more important to beast mastery mechanically, not numerically. I suppose warlocks could use a refresher in this regard as well.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Except the Hunter controls almost all of the damage the pet does. It's not just a dot that does a ton of damage, the Hunter deals damage through them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
not a very good post.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

The pet should be more important to beast mastery mechanically, not numerically.

That is what it is currently. It is used for the hunter to use Kill Command (and Blink Strike), it is used to give the hunter a haste CD through Focus Fire, and it gives the hunter focus through Invigoration.

If a BM hunter's pet is dead, you basically completely shut down his ability to dps.
Edited by Morkel on 5/1/2013 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The idea of mongo damage coming from the pet is silly. Most people who want pets don't want a glorified dot, they want interesting interactions and mechanics that make the pet / master combination a team and not master + glorified dot that likes to disappear or lick light sockets.

The pet should be more important to beast mastery mechanically, not numerically. I suppose warlocks could use a refresher in this regard as well.

...but that is exactly what BM is now?

Who cares if the combat log says Pinchy did it, or if I did it? It was my GCD, my resources, my damage /period.

Add onto that, the "mongo" damage is caused by procs and effects (i.e. mechanics) that I trigger. My pet also triggers proc and effects (i.e. interaction) that affect me.

BM doesn't need an overall, just a polish on a few mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I agree with the OP, they should definitely redesign BM

Start with:

1. You can't Zerg my Pet in a global and completely neuter my Damage output
2. My pets AI is not full of bugs and faulty pathing
3. Disengage actually works again
4. Deterrence negates ALL damage
5. My spirit heal is worthwhile
6. My PvE DPS is not in the bottom 4 of all DPS specs

Yes, plenty to do to get the BM hunter back up to par.
Reply Quote

Translation "I have no idea how BM works or how its damage is calculated and I just want recount/skada to show all damage coming from the hunter"

I bet if nothing really changed and recount/skada rolled the hunter activated pet attacks to show as "hunter" damage you would get all these posts to stop
Reply Quote
Translation "I have no idea how BM works or how its damage is calculated and I just want recount/skada to show all damage coming from the hunter"

I bet if nothing really changed and recount/skada rolled the hunter activated pet attacks to show as "hunter" damage you would get all these posts to stop

I have a hunter, but thanks for your baseless input. Anyone who actually plays the game knows that bm pets do mongoloid damage and it's stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Okay I will bite.

What spells are responsible for this "mongloid" damage output via pet?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
IMO Kill Command shouldn't be useable if you're not in line of sight of either the target or your pet.

I'd say Blink Strike as well but it's getting changed so that's moot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
IMO Kill Command shouldn't be useable if you're not in line of sight of either the target or your pet.

Then you would have to make every pet class work like that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I think all pures need the warlock treatment. Make each spec completely unique and interesting in its own way.

Hunters and rogues do essentially the same thing regardless of spec. Mages get some change but nothing really impressive.

Like BM could be like Demo--- build up your resource bar and then jump on your pet's back (idea may need tweaking for sporebats and the like..) and unlock a new set of abilities for a limited duration. Voila. Class is interesting again. Sure it might be a straight ripoff of warlocks but honestly we need some spice over here.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

We aren't blinking violently at our pet to order him to kill you, we are verbally commanding him to kill you (which is why Silence prevents KC).

Sound can go around corners, especially if it is just a pillar.

I have a hunter, but thanks for your baseless input. Anyone who actually plays the game knows that bm pets do mongoloid damage and it's stupid.

See, it is posts like this that makes it seem like that
A) You don't have a hunter
B) You don't know how the mechanics work, and base everything on the combat log

I think all pures need the warlock treatment. Make each spec completely unique and interesting in its own way.

This I can agree with, I would not be against further tweaking to BM (see Cortland's post), but BM's problem isn't a complete lack of uniqueness, nor an over abundance of automated pet damage.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
MELEE BM HUNTER NEED TO COME BACK, SONS OF REXXAR!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

This I can agree with. I'm surprised Beast Mastery wasn't made as the melee tree when the most iconic Beast Mastery, Rexxar, was a melee fighter who tag teamed with his pet.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
05/04/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Bullettime

This I can agree with. I'm surprised Beast Mastery wasn't made as the melee tree when the most iconic Beast Mastery, Rexxar, was a melee fighter who tag teamed with his pet.
For once I really, really want to disagree with you, but I can't bring myself to do it. Kinda makes me want to roll an Orc right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well right now Lynx Rush is insane and the DoT is ticking on full resilience plate for just under 50K per tick.

Spider Lynx Rush damaged you 49165
Spider Lynx Rush damaged you 98329
Spider Lynx Rush damaged you 49164

That's 344153 Damage from a Enraged Pet's special attack DoT.

It was so much damage that even after the hunter was smashed and dead because my team mates killed him; I was forced to bubble to survive..

IMO, Hunter damage is indeed stupid and does need a nerf. When you figure in that they have all this damage and CC and escapes as well as 3 trinkets out of CC, topped off with damage that can not be avoided via LoS.........

They need to loose something, and imo they should loose a lot of the CC. The damage is part of their class design, the escapes are also part of the class design. The constant CC is just out of hand.

However, the damage on Lynx rush is simply insane and needs to be nerfed to the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Well right now Lynx Rush is insane and the DoT is ticking on full resilience plate for just under 50K per tick.

According to Female Dwarf, in my gear, BM spec, Lynx Rush is doing 35k Avg Non-Crit; 71k Avg Crit (32% Armor Reduction, which I believe is less than plate).

This is with BW disabled. BW would bump those up to ~42k/85k.

And this is PVE gear, not PVP gear. So, what kind of resilience do you have, seems a little low.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

According to Female Dwarf, in my gear, BM spec, Lynx Rush is doing 35k Avg Non-Crit; 71k Avg Crit (32% Armor Reduction, which I believe is less than plate).

This is with BW disabled. BW would bump those up to ~42k/85k.

And this is PVE gear, not PVP gear. So, what kind of resilience do you have, seems a little low.

The hunter that did this too me was quite squishy, I assume he was stacking PVE power. I am in PVP gear with 2 PVE trinkets at the moment. When I do RBG' where this happened, I run full PVP gear meaning trinkets and gear @ ~67.5% PVP resilience.

Any DoT that tic's non crit for a shade under 50K is stupid, and needs a nerf.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]