Lost to a disc priest 1v1

90 Undead Mage
this should happen?

yes i know my gear is not great. Does a healer need to dps this well (assuming good gear)?

backwards world
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
1v1, the better player wins (whether it's better skill, gear, etc). Healer, tank, dps...
Edited by Jugaa on 5/2/2013 12:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Disc priest is sometimes capable of winning duels against pures especially if the priest outgears the pure. You wont see hybrids lose to disc priests though.

1 DPS really shouldnt be able to kill a healer otherwise healers would disappear. The game is supposed to be balanced around 2 dps and 1 healer fighting each other. Currently 2 dps have a relatively easy time of downing a healer than in past expansions where healers were near god-like. I don't think healers have ever been weaker.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
this should happen?

Absolutely. What was your expectation going into pvp with ilvl 462 missing gems, enchants, reforges and a glyph even? I understand you're still gearing up and that's fine, but you have to fix a lot with your toon before you can start blaming broken game mechanics for dying to a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
05/02/2013 03:19 AMPosted by Thebaine
this should happen?

Absolutely. What was your expectation going into pvp with ilvl 462 missing gems, enchants, reforges and a glyph even? I understand you're still gearing up and that's fine, but you have to fix a lot with your toon before you can start blaming broken game mechanics for dying to a healer.

He was thinking "I'm a frost mage, I'll be able to own anything now."
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Healers should be able to defend themselves so there is nothing to fix... working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Warcraft Butthurt Report Form

Date and time you experienced butthurt ________________________

Please describe the nature of the butthurt. (check all that may apply)

[ ] got beat in arenas
[ ] got beat in a random battleground
[ ] got outperformed in my guilds raid group
[ ] got out outperformed in LFR
[ ] class beat mine in a duel
[ ] Other

Please tell us more about the incident of butthurt

[Y] [N] were there tears?
[Y] [N] was there permanent mental scarring?
[Y] [N] was there sleep lost?
[Y] [N] did you miss work or arrive late to work due to butthurt?
[Y] [N] were you forced to employ a coping mechanism such as turning off your computer and going outside for a while?

Please tell us about the person who caused the butthurt

Class __________
Spec __________
Group Composition ___________________
Abilities used that caused the butthurt _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Reply Quote
good disc priests can wear you down after a while especially if you arent equal geared though i think after you get equal geared you can kill them in a deep/cs combo with no trinket or pain sup.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Healers should be able to defend themselves so there is nothing to fix... working as intended.

I don't have a problem with healers being able to defend themselves but I do have a problem with healers being able to kill a DPS toon. There is no reason that they should get the benefit of being able to heal through the damage of two DPS and then turn around and kill DPS. If a DPS can't kill a healer 1 vs 1, then a Healer shouldn't be allowed to kill a DPS 1 vs 1. There shouldn't be a double standard.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I don't have a problem with healers being able to defend themselves but I do have a problem with healers being able to kill a DPS toon. There is no reason that they should get the benefit of being able to heal through the damage of two DPS and then turn around and kill DPS. If a DPS can't kill a healer 1 vs 1, then a Healer shouldn't be allowed to kill a DPS 1 vs 1. There shouldn't be a double standard.
There isn't... if two DPS can't kill a healer that means they are bad, it doesn't mean healers are OP.

Looking at your toon you have a lot of room for improvement:

- Weak gear overall
- 3 unenchanted items, 2 empty sockets in 1 item, missing Living Steel Belt Buckle
- Very poor choices in glyphs
- Very poor choices in talents
- No reforging (expertise & hit too high, haste too low)

You might think I am trolling you but I'm not... these things matter a lot. Moreover if you make poor choices setting up your toon it's likely that you make poor choices in game as well. Healers are not OP... you just need to do a lot of research & get much better.
Edited by Infestyx on 5/2/2013 7:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
05/02/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Deathdealer
If a DPS can't kill a healer 1 vs 1, then a Healer shouldn't be allowed to kill a DPS 1 vs 1.

....it's a duel, there will always be a winner and loser. They probably dueled someone more geared, since their gear sucks... and the better person (gear, skill-wise) won...end of story.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I beat people on my disc priest all the time. All it takes is the glyph that makes their bubble reflect damage.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Priest
lol just plain lol!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
/facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
In WOTLK good healers could solo almost any dps 1v1, then they gave everyone a heal.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
05/02/2013 03:19 AMPosted by Thebaine
this should happen?

this
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This entire thread is stupid. Would it have killed anyone to say,

"Yes, it's entirely possible, reasonable and normal for a significantly better geared and skilled player, regardless of spec, to beat someone in a duel."
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
1v1, the better player wins (whether it's better skill, gear, etc). Healer, tank, dps...

Fight a frost DK as a elemental shaman and come back to me on that.. XD.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Yeah, it can happen.

What you need to remember is that, sorta, disco is also a hybrid, but the opposite of shadow.

Instead of killer dps and some useful healing, they have good heals, and useful dps. Smite serves to boost heals and dps, penance can be used either way, cascade, halo, and star do damage, the shield reflects damage...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]