Lost to a disc priest 1v1

91 Undead Warlock
a dpriest is an uphill battle for a mage. it's possible to win, but not likely.

although if you have spellsteal glyph, the balance shifts to the mage's favor. basically if you're running a stupid spec where you can heal yourself, you can win eventually. if not, he'll wear you down unless he f's up before that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
this should happen?

yes i know my gear is not great. Does a healer need to dps this well (assuming good gear)?

backwards world

You have no gear. My frost bombs can hit disc priest for 80k-120k when I set up on them. Your missing 23% pvp power and 4k spell power compared to me (that is taking off my shado pan trinket too). Your not even spell hit capped for pvp =\. So yes in your world of warcraft on your mage you will lose to a good disc priest everytime.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/02/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Deathdealer
Healers should be able to defend themselves so there is nothing to fix... working as intended.

I don't have a problem with healers being able to defend themselves but I do have a problem with healers being able to kill a DPS toon. There is no reason that they should get the benefit of being able to heal through the damage of two DPS and then turn around and kill DPS. If a DPS can't kill a healer 1 vs 1, then a Healer shouldn't be allowed to kill a DPS 1 vs 1. There shouldn't be a double standard.

As a disc priest, I can say it's a battle of attrition against us. PvP power doesn't affect our damage (was the reason behind this ever explained? we already only benefit from 50% pvp power to heals) so we will have to slowly whittle someone down until they finally die, or we run out of mana. Our damage is pretty terrible in pvp. My Holy Fire hits for about 7k. SW:P ticks for under 3k... it takes us like 5 minutes to kill anything 1v1, but we can certainly do it if the attacker is overconfident or doesn't know what they're doing.

If a disc priest 1v2ed you and a buddy and came out on top, you were either extremely overconfident, undergeared, didn't use any cc, or some combination of those things.
Edited by Vaeluura on 5/5/2013 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
05/02/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Deathdealer
Healers should be able to defend themselves so there is nothing to fix... working as intended.

I don't have a problem with healers being able to defend themselves but I do have a problem with healers being able to kill a DPS toon. There is no reason that they should get the benefit of being able to heal through the damage of two DPS and then turn around and kill DPS. If a DPS can't kill a healer 1 vs 1, then a Healer shouldn't be allowed to kill a DPS 1 vs 1. There shouldn't be a double standard.

Except DPS kill healers all the time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]