i think i just saw a haker/modder

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I was just training for master flying (artisan i cant rember),and i see a lvl orc warlock on a flying mount flying around and the mount doesnt even exist (it's like the bat for FP's in trisfal glades) i think the guy's name was ......(but with the e with the line over the top) it has been bugging me so i thought that i'd tell you guys.

Sinceraly: a worried player.

P.S: i tried taking a screen shot but it only took one of my desktop.
P.P.S: my is Drak'thul
Edited by Vrakthris on 4/25/2013 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
We do not call out players on the forums. If you see someone exploiting, right click on the nameplate and report them for cheating.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
It could have been lag - I've "seen" low levels running around on flight point gryphons back when my computer specs weren't as great as they are now.

Still, if you're worried - right click the player's portrait and report for cheating. You'll want to remove the name from your post though, as it can be considered "calling out" a player, which is against the rules.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Thanks i hope it was lag.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks i hope it was lag.

Odds are pretty good. I've seen some odd things when experiencing latency. My Druid switched to flight form but on my screen for a full 15 seconds or so I was swimming through the air. :D

I should mention that if they were "modding", you wouldn't have seen anything different. That practice, which is a violation of our policies, is visible only on their side.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
My Druid switched to flight form but on my screen for a full 15 seconds or so I was swimming through the air. :D

I actually love that one. Even better when switching from cat form to flight form, and you have a kitty "swimming" through the air :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
If they were moving smoothly or somewhat smoothly on your side chances are that you were just lagging out. However if they were "rubber banding" vertically, and by that I mean falling then instantly returning to their original height in the air, then that is evidence of hacking, just right click their names report them and move on while blizzard's ingame security team does their thing.
Reply Quote
if they are found of doing problematic behavior it isn't gone in a day. they do a ban wave on every user who uses the program to automate their character or hack once they know which program they are using to shut it down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]