Open Libram LXXVI: Send In The Nuns!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I had to watch that video just to see Uther defeat Garrosh, now I want to play the game. :x

From watching the video, I'm interested, but not sure I really understand the rules.
100 Human Paladin
Woot, we gotta do a meet up lobster
90 Blood Elf Paladin
FOOL! YOU FELL FOR MY TRAP CARD!!

yelling it at the top of your voice makes it more powerful.
100 Draenei Paladin
From watching the video, I'm interested, but not sure I really understand the rules.

If you look at the bottom right of the player screen, the little blue gems are the available mana pool. Each round that pool goes up by one. So you start out with one mana to spend on cards, the second you have 2, etc. Until you cap out at what looks like 9 or 10. The amount you can spend renews each round.

Each card or player power costs mana. So, without some card to increase your mana or reduce the cost, a 5 mana card cannot be used until your fifth round.

Each player starts out with 30 health, the first to reach zero loses.

Each minion has attack and defense power. Defense power is basically health. For example, a 4/3 card attacks a 3/5 card. Both cards deal their offensive power to each other, the first card is destroyed and the second card is left with 1 health. Next round, it will only take a card with 1 offense to finish off that remaining card, but if the attacking card has 3 or less health it will be similarly destroyed.

Weapon cards essentially allow the hero (player) to act like a minion. The player attacks with the attack power of the weapon, takes damage from whatever they attack. The weapon's durability acts like health, except it loses 1 durability with each use. Like when Garrosh used Arcanite Reaper, he took damage from whatever attack power of the mob he attacked, and his Reaper took 1 durability for the use. Same for the pally's Sword of Justice.

There's a ton of special abilities across the cards, but some of the more general minion powers are:
Deathrattle: the minion does something when it is destroyed
Battlecry: the minion does something when summoned to the field
Charge: the minion can attack as soon as it is put on the field, rather than the usual 1 round wait
Taunt: prevents minions and players from bypassing the minion and attacking the player directly

Secret cards are basically spell cards that require an enemy action to be activated. Until activated, that card is not revealed to the enemy player.
100 Draenei Paladin
Reminds me of the rules Yu-Gi-Oh was using when they were trapped in that virtual world thing in the original series.

I'll bring ponies for you

Doooo eeeet.

Hilarity will ensue.
100 Human Paladin
I'll bring ponies for you

Meetup cancelled
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Time to torrent Warcraft 1 and Warcraft 2. Hopefully I can play without any issues like SC1 did.
100 Draenei Paladin
Jeeze where were all you guys when I went in 2011? lol

Ah NCIS marathon on, I still have accomplished nothing in WoW. Ho hum.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Speaking of doing nothing in WoW, Darksiders 2 beckons to me!
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I enjoyed it. The gear system felt superfluous, but the combat, puzzles, and platforming were solid.
100 Draenei Paladin
I have the first Darksiders sitting in my game cabinet as yet unplayed, actually borrowed it from a friend months ago. Wonder if he remembers I have it. <_<

Heard good things about it, also heard it was basically a Zelda knock off. Guess that means I'd probably enjoy it. But I've been really bad about playing anything for ages now.
90 Tauren Paladin

As soon as I finish auctioning some random gathering materials, I am off to play Fallout New Vegas. Currently doing the dead money DLC stuff. So far, my impressions on the DLC of NV is eh, and some stuff is really lazily done. Like the collar beeping being told to you on the top left of the screen rather then as an audio queue. (Which has led to a few deaths because other notices like crits also go on the top left and I don't see the message.) Plus, a lot of guns in the DLCs seem to be missing sound.

A little late to be critiquing a game like NV, but still. :P
100 Draenei Paladin
So, it only took a week of holiday to get motivation to code .. got lots of stuff done on LUI yesterday, still lots to do though.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/27/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Shiralia

As soon as I finish auctioning some random gathering materials, I am off to play Fallout New Vegas. Currently doing the dead money DLC stuff. So far, my impressions on the DLC of NV is eh, and some stuff is really lazily done. Like the collar beeping being told to you on the top left of the screen rather then as an audio queue. (Which has led to a few deaths because other notices like crits also go on the top left and I don't see the message.) Plus, a lot of guns in the DLCs seem to be missing sound.

Make sure it's patched up to date. The collar does beep, and fairly loudly, but the first beep is slightly after the notification that pops up. Two of the guns had sound problems, but they were fixed in some kind of patch.

Dead money is probably the best DLC, though it's the most generally distant from the genre. Old world blues is insanely campy, but it's the sci-fi campy that the series was founded on just pushed to a crazy 60's comic book level.
90 Tauren Paladin

Make sure it's patched up to date. The collar does beep, and fairly loudly, but the first beep is slightly after the notification that pops up. Two of the guns had sound problems, but they were fixed in some kind of patch.

Dead money is probably the best DLC, though it's the most generally distant from the genre. Old world blues is insanely campy, but it's the sci-fi campy that the series was founded on just pushed to a crazy 60's comic book level.

Ah, there we go!

Apparently steam 'failed to acquire' some files, the sound seems to be working now.

On that note, I'm actually planning to do Old World Blues next.
Edited by Shiralia on 4/27/2013 5:10 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]