Are YOU Oldschool?

90 Worgen Warlock
Calling all Ex FI members. Calling all ex SlowMo Members. And any other ex endgame guild Pre/TBC
Lets build up a solid raiding team of members that know what it was like before content was just handed to them

<Oldschool>
Lets focus on hard modes and not family values

Requirements : Don't be an idiot
Able to prove ownership of old unattainable raid/pvp titles such as Vanilla pvp titles/Champion of the Naruu or Hand of A'dal

Send me or Garlem an ingame tell
Edited by Exotavix on 4/25/2013 11:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Good Luck in finding people on this server. People (with you requirements) either have already left or are with guilds they like.
Edited by Ravenhawke on 4/26/2013 12:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So what is it you want - Dont be an Idiot - or Be a Veteran Player - or Have Old Titles?

and Whats against having Family Values?

and your helm xmog looks like you are wearing a flayed Gnome face stretched across your Mug like some furry sort of Leatherface.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Yea I realise that. But since achievements and titles are account wide I'm sure someone will have an alt interested
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
What about Defiance, Ascension, and Eternal Legacy? I call factionism!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My big thing is your wording here. I mean I know you want to find the 'Old school" Raiders, who have the dedication and know how and such.

thing is, that isnt just Vet Players. not necessarily Vets in your sense.

I have been playing since vanilla, Raided then, missed Raiding for BC, and my big thing has been raiding since wrath onward. I wouldn't consider myself the Spoon-fed type you are suggesting.

i think your ambition to find remaining members of old raid guilds is interesting. Even ones that are still around, as Raven said - are gonna be in guilds they like. They are likely Raid Leaders themselves, or part of established cores.

The ones who DONT have guilds, or are willing to defect for a new nostalgia guild are not gonna be the raiders you want. they are gonna be the ones who embraced the 'easy way out' and 'spoon feeding' you are looking to avoid.

I'm not meaning to be a Meanie-head: Its just how I come across alot. I am actually just wondering what your exact expectations are, cuz it seems it could go either way.

also - Yes Slaguth. I call Factionistic prejudice!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Are you on alliance? If they are thats fine. And That I also do understand. Its just an idea. Basically i just came back to playing this game after 2 years or so of not playing. and i'm just trying to find some of the old people i may know. If it works out it works out. I'm not expecting anything. Figured i would try it. And its not like "ONLY HAVE THESE TWO TITLES TO JOIN!" If you where around and raided back then. Fine thats acceptable. I just don't like these kids who where like IM PRO CAUSE I STARTED IN CATA! cause they are more or less not that good. Sorry but its true
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Lets focus on hard modes and not family values

Told Garlem this guild might not turn out to be right for him. Your post pretty much just nailed it.

Reason why you don't see a lot of those old raiders around anymore is they got families and developed family values.

But good luck regardless. I know some of the old SloMo people are on Azgalor now. Others went to Earthen Ring and I lost touch with them - have no idea if they're still there or even playing. FI went to Stormrage but even that guild has very few of the original FI members left.

There are a few players left on the server with Hand of A'dal and Champion of the Naaru but as far as I know they either have their raid guilds they're happy with or they're doing their raiding offserver, just leaving alts here for social reasons.

If you want to build your guild, I think you'll find you're going to have to strip off the requirements and find people lacking the experience but willing to put in the effort to learn. And with LFR so friendly casual, not a lot of people think the effort is worth it.

I just don't like these kids who where like IM PRO CAUSE I STARTED IN CATA! cause they are more or less not that good. Sorry but its true

To be honest, neither are a lot of the ones who were raiding back in Vanilla and BC. Many just never kept up with the changes the game went through. Yes, you're going to get luckier with people carrying their BC titles around but it's still not a guarantee.
Edited by Joynal on 4/26/2013 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
oh my god...I was in defiance and eternal legacy...I remember going to a raid for grulls lair with eternal legacy.i was so excited:D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
My rogue Conrose (Now Sokolniki) has the Master Sergeant FoS title ^_^ Other than that, I was always more of the casual raider from Classic to Wrath, doing top end raiding pretty much only for weapons or trinkets... I was always more interested in Battleground PvP and twinking to be honest and plan to get back into those here shortly (I'm super excited to start Rated BGs here soon).

Still, I'll do the top end raiding here soon so I can get trinkets (Human Racial OP) and the only top end STR Polearm so I can get a good Alliance themed Transmog.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
04/29/2013 07:50 AMPosted by Soulwêaver
(Human Racial OP)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I started playing in Wrath and I'm better than all the people you're looking for. I'm better than all of them combined. I'm better than all the people you're looking for, combined, and then combined again with all the people you're not looking for, into some Vultron-like amalgamation of things both sought and unsought, found and unfound, but really mostly unfound. Let's be honest about that. And about how good I am. Which is very.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
There is good. And then there is good. Ysra is good. (The second of the two which I previously listed.)
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
most of the people you are looking for probably turned 18 and so their moms stopped paying for their accounts
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Hunter
Why? The old school raiders weren't that good...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
most of the people you are looking for probably turned 18 and so their moms stopped paying for their accounts

and couldn't find a Significant other who would pay for / put up with their habit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'm an old school player, but I won't ever come back to this server. I can't stand how dead it is. It has lost it's touch. I wouldn't mind playing here if there was actaully maybe like 1 decent raiding guild and like 5 decent pvpers, but there is none of the both. And lately the server has been droping in casuals also. The Horde side is totally dead, and the Alliance is heading in the same direction asap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeah I gotta admit...the BWR old schoolers sucked. I was Slo Mo's top 'lock. Heck, top DPS for most BC raids. And I'll admit I wasn't that good. We barely scratched BT after months of farming SSC. I mean....we wiped on Lurker once!

I don't play as much as I used to, but I'd love to join your guild.

04/26/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Joynal
Reason why you don't see a lot of those old raiders around anymore is they got families and developed family values.

Joynal, I've always hated you.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Good luck out there!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

YOU CAUGHT ME
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]